Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 16

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LakeEffect I'm beginning to dislike my mailman. Me too!!!!! Not really he's really nice!...

Page 16 of 297 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    I'm beginning to dislike my mailman.
    Me too!!!!! Not really he's really nice!

We sent in two on the 1st in separate envelopes. My wife's check cleared on the 14th and mine on the 17th. She used a training certificate from one of my classes and I had to use hunters safety from 30 years ago because my NRA certification is not valid as it does not have all the BS info on the cert. Still waiting on both permits. I am beginning to think there is one person wildly ripping open envelopes and tossing the check in a basket for deposit. Then they toss the paperwork into a paid bucket that folks grab a handful of as their pile on their desk runs low.

I guess the only saving grace is that I am still waiting for my new Black Ops Pro holsters from Rocky. It is probably better that I don't get the permit until the holsters get here. Otherwise I may be forced to grab one of my wife's extra purses, toss the gun in and call it a European Carry All.

No joy at the mailbox today. But I did get some junkmail.lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    No joy at the mailbox today. But I did get some junkmail.lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Got let outta work early today, and as i rounded the house, mailman came.... handed me advertisement crap for black friday, AND............. no permit......
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

I got my conceal carry purse today, at least I got something! I ordered the Crossbreed mini tuck holster and waiting on that too.

But no permit yet.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    I got my conceal carry purse today, at least I got something! I ordered the Crossbreed mini tuck holster and waiting on that too.

But no permit yet.
    Hope you and jerp both get your CC soon he's in Milwaukee and your next to Beloit. The two places in Wisconsin I wouldn't be without it.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Well maverick, you kinda nailed that one on the head.. i got back from.the gas station maybe 30mins ago. Considering it was a semi nice night decided to walk the three blocks. Saw a group of people on my way there... i crossed the street went about my business. On the return trip 3 squad cars and an ambulance.... dont know what happened so ill wait for the news all i know that group wasnt so big th second time i saw em....
    i just hope it gets here friday....
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Hello Wisconsinites, I live in VA and have been keeping up with your State guns laws for a long time, my wife grew in Racine. So glad to see you now have a shall issue permit system. When we visit again, I can use my PA non-resident permit to be legal there because my VA permit doesn't have resiprocity yet with WI. RTKBA even applies to WI now!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

I believe the DOJ has just had a huge "open up the envelopes and cash the checks/money orders" party. I've seen a couple reports of people mailing on the 7th and having their checks cashed so I checked on my money order. It was mailed on the 8th and was cashed on the 21st.

They reported having over 30,000 apps on or around the 8th. So they've cashed 30,000 plus checks and are on about 12,000 issued permits right now...I'm still expecting to wait another 3-4 weeks for my permit to arrive. And am expecting to see a whole lot of angry posts saying "they cashed my check weeks ago and I still don't have my permit!"

I sent mine in on Nov 1st. used my DD214, got my permit on 11/10 number 4088. Sure feels good having it on my hip.

TGP

Wisconsin CCW Permit

Sent from Sparta on 11/1/11
    Training: Retired Federal Law enforcement Creds and DD214
    Check cashed: 11/15/11
    Nothing Received yet

Sent my application on Nov. 1st ,with delivery confirmation, & all the required info - Copies of training certificates , copies of valid out of state permits, etc., check cleared my bank on the 15th.......still waiting.....I'm guessing they are just grabbing & sending randomly.....some got their permits in less than 10 days......oh well -been carrying for years anyway , but it would be good to be legal !

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Just came across this forum as I'm a new member. I'm in the same boat as quite a few here, still playing the waiting game!

11/3 --- Application, Check, & Training Requirements Sent Out.

11/15 --- Check Cleared Bank.

11/24 --- No Permit, No Mail, Plenty Of Turkey.

11/25 --- ????? If Not Received, Another Turkey Will Be Sacrificed.

Will wait IMPATIENTLY, but until then I'll just Open-Carry where I know I can. I just don't like some of the stares I get when I do.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

It's my understanding that Wisconsin is not a must inform state but the pamphlet that came with my permit states to inform the officer that I have a permit and that Im carrying it seems like they are asking something that is not required.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wi44hunter View Post
    It's my understanding that Wisconsin is not a must inform state but the pamphlet that came with my permit states to inform the officer that I have a permit and that Im carrying it seems like they are asking something that is not required.
    It says "upon request" Any officer anywhere can, should, and does ask in certain circumstances "do you have any weapons" You have a duty to answer honestly. if you ever get caught lying to a police officer they will fit you for cuffs., CC or no CC. It is TOTALLY against the law to hamper IN ANY WAY a police investigation. Some states require to INFORM at any police contact. In Wisconsin it's ONLY if asked that you must tell. Once again if your asked best be honest and have your DL and CC with you. DO NOT present your weapon to the officer. tell him/her yes I'm lic to carry I have my permit and my ID tell him/her where to find the gun and where to find your lic etc keep hands exposed let them retrieve your gun. All being good you will get in back probably unloaded.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Links