Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It would seem that if you use a 7 day week they are mailing about 620 a day. Now that is an average and we ...

Page 161 of 296 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

It would seem that if you use a 7 day week they are mailing about 620 a day. Now that is an average and we all know from school ...correction some of us know there is no such thing as average. If you consider the first couple weeks were slow, then they added some help so daily rate went up. You can bet they are hitting a much high number now.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    It would seem that if you use a 7 day week they are mailing about 620 a day. Now that is an average and we all know from school ...correction some of us know there is no such thing as average. If you consider the first couple weeks were slow, then they added some help so daily rate went up. You can bet they are hitting a much high number now.
    If that were true i would have mine by now. It seems the apps from middle nov are being pushed back and they are taking the full 45 days plus.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Disappointed again today after my walk out to the mailbox. No permit! Will have to try again on Tuesday because I believe there is no mail on Monday. Today is day 42 by my count. It will be a happier New Year once my permit shows up. I should have waited until Dec. 1. I might have it by now. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!

LC9
    Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    No permit for me.... Guess ill keep waiting.hope it doesnt take 53 days. I hate waiting. Seems like the november apps are taking even longer now. oh well what can you do.
    Ugh.. thinking that means nothing for me. Mail hasn't come yet... waiting impatiently to be disappointed again.

Day 43

Mailed 11-16-2011
    Check cleared 11-29-2011

Permit received- NOT YET
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

So i figured it out and being generous for mailing time jan 2 will be 45 days for me. So to keep you all entertained i will just start counting down the days. So taday is day 43 and the best i can hope for is day 46.

Quote Originally Posted by mjb65 View Post
    Mailed 11-16-2011
    Check cleared 11-29-2011

Permit received- NOT YET
    I mailed the same day but my check cleared the 23rd... Interesting. At least i know im not alone.
    mjb65 likes this.

I GOT MY PERMIT DEC 21 st !!!........ ............
    " Innovations are what i leave behind for history "

Maybe the last day of the year will bring good things to those waiting.
    I am waiting for 6:02 to come. My 48 hours will be up and I can pick up my new Ruger LC9 with CT laser. Thanks for a nice associate at Scheel's that will stay a few minutes after close so I can get it today.
    Seen a few who have an LC9 and I am looking for suggestions for a IWB holster.
    Happy New Year!
    thieltech and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    I get my personal defense ammo (Federal Premium 9mm Hydra-Shok 20 box) from Fleet Farm for $19.99, best price anywhere. I get my range ammo from Wally World (Federal 9mm for $10.97 50 box). These are the best prices in the Green Bay area.
    I buy all my 40S&W target rounds off bulkammo.com they have very decent prices on reloads through MBI. I was VERY impressed with quality and cleanliness. They come packaged in 100rd bags which is a little different but they dont make a mess of my gun and they are extremely consistent and reliable. I already have 1000 rounds through my gun and not a single misfire, stovepipe, squib... nothing! Very impressed. I also use the Federal Hydra Shok 165gr for carry rounds and stocked up about a month back when cabelas had them on sale for 16.99 per box of 20 with free shipping!! I bought 6 packs -should last me a few rounds with the BG's lol

Heres to hoping to never have to use them......

Have a safe new year guys and gals!

Good luck to those still waiting for permits!

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Airwar, I found your posting on the Neg impression thread to be in my opinion spot on well done!!
    WD54241, yea, I probably risked my membership on this site over that. I was under constant attack by the Wack Job group bent on Antaganistic, Confrontational Grandstanding issues with our local Law Enforcement down here in Southeast and Madison, Wisconsin. If you care to read all 6 pages of that the thread it"s called, "These are some of the reasons that CC is viewed so negatively." I concentrated strictly on the Open Carry Issues and the provacation that has gone on down here in Milwaukee by Krysta Sutterfield aka "MKEgal" in this Defensive Carry com. Believe it or not she calls herself a "instructor". The other loose cannons that continue to make the news down here is Nick Clark's Wisconsin Carry com. based out of New Berlin. The onslot of criticism against me has been nothing less than brisk, never the less I hold my ground and position. I refuse to change a single word (unless miss spelled).
    I would appreciate you reading it, (109 posts) then tell me what you think. Give me a "like" or two over there if you feel so inclined. It's a different group, and a few of them are here! Hope to hear from you. Are there any consequences (here) for taking this position? I did not know there was a Neg Impression thread? How is it found?
    My WI. CCW Permit Statistics
    Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: .............. 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: .... 11/02/2011

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    WD54241, yea, I probabily risked my membership on this site over that. I was under constant attack by the Wack Job group bent on Antaganistic, Confrontational Grandstanding issues with our local Law Enforcement down here in Southeast and Madison, Wisconsin. If you care to read all 6 pages of that the thread it"s called, "These are some of the reasons that CC is viewed so negatively." I concentrated on the Open Carry Issues and the provacation that has gone on down here in Milwaukee by Krysta Sutterfield aka "MKEgal" in Defensive Carry, com. Believe it or not she calls herself a "instructor".The onslot of criticism against me is nothing less than brisk.
    I would appreciate you reading it, then tell me if I'm wrong, or over the top. It's a different group there! Hope to hear from you, and are there any consequences for taking the position I took? I did not know there was a Neg Impression thread? How is it found?
    I like that ( WACK JOB GROUP ) WHATEVER U SAY CHIEF FLYNN . ...
    " Innovations are what i leave behind for history "

Clock is about to start...

I finally read through the entire thread (phew )! Dropped my application in the mail today. I wanted to send it with delivery confirmation, but the counter closed early today. With the holiday I'll give them a 5 day grace period.

Best wishes to those who've been patienlty (and not so patiently) waiting on their's and have a happy news year.

Stay safe,

Keyth
    Maine CCP
    New Hampshire CCL
    Massachusetts CCL
    Wisconsin CCL

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    Ugh.. thinking that means nothing for me. Mail hasn't come yet... waiting impatiently to be disappointed again.
    I feel your pain brother. Its ganna be tough not to think about it for 3 days especially without smoking. But i still hope yours will come today.

Quote Originally Posted by thieltech View Post
    I like that ( WACK JOB GROUP ) WHATEVER U SAY CHIEF FLYNN . ...
    Rules on the site do not allow us to say anything negative about LEO even if it is true. Kind of a common thing on lot of forums.

Links