Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 162

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mjb65 Mailed 11-16-2011 Check cleared 11-29-2011 Permit received- NOT YET They cashed my check Nov 24 I will be waiting a bit ...

Page 162 of 297 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by mjb65 View Post
    Mailed 11-16-2011
    Check cleared 11-29-2011

Permit received- NOT YET
    They cashed my check Nov 24 I will be waiting a bit also
    mjb65 likes this.

LC9
    Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    I mailed the same day but my check cleared the 23rd... Interesting. At least i know im not alone.
    Mailed 11/14
    Check Cleared 11/25
    Permit Issued 12/29
    Permit Received... 12/31

Permit number 370xx

Alandh yours has to come on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Won't be carrying this evening because I'm gonna be gettin tipsy, but feels good to have it.
    mjb65 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lc9 View Post
    mailed 11/14
    check cleared 11/25
    permit issued 12/29
    permit received... 12/31

permit number 370xx

alandh yours has to come on tuesday or wednesday.

Won't be carrying this evening because i'm gonna be gettin tipsy, but feels good to have it.
    Finally!! Congrats!!!!!

While many have owned fire arms this maybe the first handguns some have owned. If you have not considered how you plan to store it when not in use now is the time.
    How do you plan to secure it in your home? How about in your car? Is locking in the trunk really secure?
    There are a lot of option out there some expensive some not, some great to good some really bad. An unsecured firearm in you home is dangerous but one to secured or where you can't get to it and unloaded is worthless.
    While your waiting is a good time to think about these things.
    Protect your right.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Any suggestions here? Particularly locking up in the car? I have a generic push button pistol safe that I was considering bolting to the floor in the passenger side of my car. I don't often carry passengers. I was also considering a Titan gun vault. My concern is that this would be too visible and be a target. The trunk (in a safe or otherwise) is probably not an option as I want to be able to stow the pistol before I get out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    While many have owned fire arms this maybe the first handguns some have owned. If you have not considered how you plan to store it when not in use now is the time.
    How do you plan to secure it in your home? How about in your car? Is locking in the trunk really secure?
    There are a lot of option out there some expensive some not, some great to good some really bad. An unsecured firearm in you home is dangerous but one to secured or where you can't get to it and unloaded is worthless.
    While your waiting is a good time to think about these things.
    Protect your right.
    Oh, also since this is my first post on the forum...

mailed 11/19
    check cleared 11/29
    No permit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    When did you mail yours in?
    i mailed mine in eaither the 15 or 16th of nov. but the check was not cashed untill dec 9th so i think mine just involved alot fo waiting because i didnt use hunters safty or other training, just printed out my rifle and pistol qual and other certs from the marines, but check was cashed, also about a week before i went to dmv and changed my adress and got a new id and used that new adress on the fourm

TGP
    Quote Originally Posted by endpoint View Post
    Any suggestions here? Particularly locking up in the car? I have a generic push button pistol safe that I was considering bolting to the floor in the passenger side of my car. I don't often carry passengers. I was also considering a Titan gun vault. My concern is that this would be too visible and be a target. The trunk (in a safe or otherwise) is probably not an option as I want to be able to stow the pistol before I get out of the car.Oh, also since this is my first post on the forum...mailed 11/19check cleared 11/29No permit yet.
    Nano Vault NV300. Ordered mine online for $35 including shipping. Came in 3 days. Love it.

www.gunvault.com for the Nano Vault 300 - $35 including shipping. Excellent value. Quite heavy but small enough to fit under your car seat. Has 1500 lb pull cable to attach to the car set frame. The cable is long enough to pull it out to add or remove your gun. Looks good in black and has a combo lock so no lost yes. Good luck and Happy New Year!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    The Gathering Place - Open: May - October for Family, Friends & Christian Outreach - Never any cost. Visit: http://tomgraberfamily.com/?page_id=18

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    WD54241, yea, I probably risked my membership on this site over that. I was under constant attack by the Wack Job group bent on Antaganistic, Confrontational Grandstanding issues with our local Law Enforcement down here in Southeast and Madison, Wisconsin. If you care to read all 6 pages of that the thread it"s called, "These are some of the reasons that CC is viewed so negatively." I concentrated strictly on the Open Carry Issues and the provacation that has gone on down here in Milwaukee by Krysta Sutterfield aka "MKEgal" in this Defensive Carry com. Believe it or not she calls herself a "instructor". The other loose cannons that continue to make the news down here is Nick Clark's Wisconsin Carry com. based out of New Berlin. The onslot of criticism against me has been nothing less than brisk, never the less I hold my ground and position. I refuse to change a single word (unless miss spelled).
    I would appreciate you reading it, (109 posts) then tell me what you think. Give me a "like" or two over there if you feel so inclined. It's a different group, and a few of them are here! Hope to hear from you. Are there any consequences (here) for taking this position? I did not know there was a Neg Impression thread? How is it found?
    I also read that post, I can see both sides of the discussion however I believe this so called instructor is doing very little for our cause by provoking and challenging law enforcement with her right to open carry. The only thing her kind will succeed in doing is having open carry eliminated all together. This is still America last time I checked and we are all entitled to our opinions. If others feel the need to attack you, then it is them with the problem.. And I could not believe one poster called you stupid? That crap is for grade school kids.
    AIRWAR, WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    Mailed 11/14
    Check Cleared 11/25
    Permit Issued 12/29
    Permit Received... 12/31

Permit number 370xx

Alandh yours has to come on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Won't be carrying this evening because I'm gonna be gettin tipsy, but feels good to have it.
    Congrats dude. Glad you got it ill expect mine on tue. Congrats again. Happy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by endpoint View Post
    Any suggestions here? Particularly locking up in the car? I have a generic push button pistol safe that I was considering bolting to the floor in the passenger side of my car. I don't often carry passengers. I was also considering a Titan gun vault. My concern is that this would be too visible and be a target. The trunk (in a safe or otherwise) is probably not an option as I want to be able to stow the pistol before I get out of the car.

Oh, also since this is my first post on the forum...

mailed 11/19
    check cleared 11/29
    No permit yet.
    I do not want push brands there are a lot out there The The Nano Vault 300 is an example you can bolt it down or use the cable. Nice thing if you go cable is you can open the vault and leave the cable . You now have a great locked case to carry it in if needed. Also you will want a combination lock not a key.
    Another one to give a look works well in the home or car easy to open weapon is right there Homak quick access I have a model HS10036683 next to the bed.
    I like the way it opens. Any you decide on make sure your weapon fits they why they offer a few models.

Quote Originally Posted by TGP View Post
    Nano Vault NV300. Ordered mine online for $35 including shipping. Came in 3 days. Love it.

Gun Safes - Home Gun Safe - Handgun Safes | GunVault for the Nano Vault 300 - $35 including shipping. Excellent value. Quite heavy but small enough to fit under your car seat. Has 1500 lb pull cable to attach to the car set frame. The cable is long enough to pull it out to add or remove your gun. Looks good in black and has a combo lock so no lost yes. Good luck and Happy New Year!
    I have that one in my tour pack on the bike

Thanks! I'll look into Smitty901's and TGP's suggestions a little more tomorrow. Good luck on the permits next week everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by TGP View Post

Gun Safes - Home Gun Safe - Handgun Safes | GunVault for the Nano Vault 300 - $35 including shipping. Excellent value. Quite heavy but small enough to fit under your car seat. Has 1500 lb pull cable to attach to the car set frame. The cable is long enough to pull it out to add or remove your gun. Looks good in black and has a combo lock so no lost yes. Good luck and Happy New Year!
    Does this also come with a key.?....just in case?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman199 View Post
    Day 53 is a great day it finally came 37xxx issued 12/29 happy dance time
    congrats!......good way to start out the new year. Stay safe

Got mine today...on the 46th day
    Mailed 11-13
    Check cashed 11-23
    Issued 12-29
    Received 12-31

#37***
    MrMeanor and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Sponsored Links