Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 163

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LC9 Mailed 11/14 Check Cleared 11/25 Permit Issued 12/29 Permit Received... 12/31 Permit number 370xx Alandh yours has to come on Tuesday ...

Page 163 of 297 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 4449
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    Mailed 11/14
    Check Cleared 11/25
    Permit Issued 12/29
    Permit Received... 12/31

Permit number 370xx

Alandh yours has to come on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Won't be carrying this evening because I'm gonna be gettin tipsy, but feels good to have it.
    congrats and stay safe

Happy New Year!!!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Happy New Year everyone and be safe.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

jcb
    nothing in the mail for me today
    mailed 11-21-11
    cashed 11-30-11

Nano Vault NV300. Ordered mine online for $35 including shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by farmermom View Post
    Does this also come with a key.?....just in case?
    I have the Nano Vault NVB 400 which is a bit pricey... It uses a fingerprint to unlock [also has a key to open] The NanoVault 400 meets TSA airline firearm guidelines and fits discreetly in a bag, briefcase, desk or under a vehicle seat.
    Gander Mountain® > GunVault NanoVault 400 Biometric Safe - Hunting > Shooting Gear : Firearms, Ammunition, Black Powder, Firearm Accessories
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Happy New Year To All :fest30:

THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I am looking for some clearity.......I think I know the answer but I would like someone to verify for me......I now have a ccw permit,,,,,where I am at now for OC?.......Is it still legal for a permit holder to also OC? and if so then what is LEO going to say about not cc?........I know LEO doesn't like OC anyways but are those rights forfeited if you have a cc permit?
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I am looking for some clearity.......I think I know the answer but I would like someone to verify for me......I now have a ccw permit,,,,,where I am at now for OC?.......Is it still legal for a permit holder to also OC? and if so then what is LEO going to say about not cc?........I know LEO doesn't like OC anyways but are those rights forfeited if you have a cc permit?
    Anybody can OC in this state. Permit holder or not. The only difference is a non-permit holder has to keep the firearm in open view at ALL times. The AG has made it clear the Wisconsin Constitution reads, "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." This was the case even before Act 35 was passed. It is your right to carry a weapon OC so not much a LEO can do about it. A LEO might not like it, but it is the law in this state. One small caveat to be aware of. Open Carry is not allowed in taverns under any circumstances even if you have a permit. You have to be a permit holder to carry a firearm and it must be concealed and you must not consume alcohol.
    Last edited by RightyLefty; January 1st, 2012 at 05:36 AM.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

No permit is needed for open carry. The biggest difference with OC vs CC is with a CC permit you do not need to unload or case in a vehicle.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tooln View Post
    No permit is needed for open carry. The biggest difference with OC vs CC is with a CC permit you do not need to unload or case in a vehicle.
    With the new law, even without a CC permit, you can have a loaded and uncased handgun in a vehicle so long as it is not hidden and within reach.
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Depends where you are at. If you go near Madison you going to have a hard time. I was knocked to the ground pushed around and threaten. They will try their best to find a reason to arrest you for something. Milwaukee is the the same way. You need to decide if it worth what they will do to you.
    Madison was sued over one case but it was only one compared to the larger number of people they have messed with.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Congrats LC9

Be safe.

Why open carry? I do on occasion if hiking in the woods but why let the BG know you are armed the element if surprise can be your best defense.

I am not hammering on you because you want too just wonder under what circumstances you would OC?
    AIRWAR likes this.

Do not forget we are still fight for Constitutional carry in Wisconsin. It will be the only way we keep this right. Join the fight today.
    Conceal carry only has about 24 months and the repeal and adding restriction begins. They are ready working on it.

We need many more people to file for the concealed carry, the fight has yet to begin with the "anti - gun lobby". This means each and every one of us has to set the example! we must raise the bar! we must be model citizens! for each misuse or infraction of the law it will hurt all of us.. The media is not on our side, nor are the major cities in the state! We are out numbered make no mistake about it. The storm clouds are looming and I for one will not taunt or use my right for any personal gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Congrats LC9

Be safe.

Why open carry? I do on occasion if hiking in the woods but why let the BG know you are armed the element if surprise can be your best defense.

I am not hammering on you because you want too just wonder under what circumstances you would OC?
    I really am not thinking about OC. I was just wondering and in the event my CC would show for some reason then there is no worry. LEO couldn't disguish between the two and charge you with anything if you are a CC permit holder

Links