Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 164

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thank you all for the information. I appreciate the responses. Always be safe everyone....

Page 164 of 297 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Thank you all for the information. I appreciate the responses. Always be safe everyone.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I am just curious......do any of you that CC also carry a knife on your person?,,,,I seen a utube video of a gal that had a concealed gun and she also had a really neat knife she was carrying. She demonstrated how she could cut someones hand if they tried to take her gun. It was interesting and not a bad idea in my opinion.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farmermom View Post
    I am just curious......do any of you that CC also carry a knife on your person?,,,,I seen a utube video of a gal that had a concealed gun and she also had a really neat knife she was carrying. She demonstrated how she could cut someones hand if they tried to take her gun. It was interesting and not a bad idea in my opinion.
    yes I always do have two benchmade 551 and benchmade 556 (shorter blade for those 3" max town laws in Wisconsin.

index.jpg

There are cheap knives, good knives and excellent knives that will last for years. This is one of the latter.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

CCW will allow for carry of said knives for self defense.

I have several I carry all the time.

Sent my application in Nov.15
    Money order cleared Nov. 25

I'm hoping this coming week it's magically in my mailbox. While I didn't mention my own wait, I did mention the flawed way of issuing ccw licenses in an email to my state senator. It should have been done like the doj said, in order they receive them.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    We need many more people to file for the concealed carry, the fight has yet to begin with the "anti - gun lobby". This means each and every one of us has to set the example! we must raise the bar! we must be model citizens! for each misuse or infraction of the law it will hurt all of us.. The media is not on our side, nor are the major cities in the state! We are out numbered make no mistake about it. The storm clouds are looming and I for one will not taunt or use my right for any personal gain.
    Very well said, I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapstick View Post
    Sent my application in Nov.15
    Money order cleared Nov. 25

I'm hoping this coming week it's magically in my mailbox. While I didn't mention my own wait, I did mention the flawed way of issuing ccw licenses in an email to my state senator. It should have been done like the doj said, in order they receive them.
    Good for you......I'm glad to see that some are voicing their opinions to the "higher ups" so at least they will know what the system has been like...........I wish you much luck that your permit will be to you very shortly.

Don't mean to question this subject to death but several have had a discussion on here about informing LEO that they have a permit and are carrying if stopped. No one has said what they would do if they got stopped and at the time they weren't carrying. Would you still hand them your permit?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    yes I always do have two benchmade 551 and benchmade 556 (shorter blade for those 3" max town laws in Wisconsin.

index.jpg

There are cheap knives, good knives and excellent knives that will last for years. This is one of the latter.
    Nice knife...thanks for the pic. Can I ask you where to buy them? Also thank you for your response.....Stay safe

Quote Originally Posted by farmermom View Post
    Don't mean to question this subject to death but several have had a discussion on here about informing LEO that they have a permit and are carrying if stopped. No one has said what they would do if they got stopped and at the time they weren't carrying. Would you still hand them your permit?
    After getting beat in Madison for open carrying , I am informing the the second I get pulled over. It won't stop the ones that have an agenda but it may help

I found this at our local range I like the fact that it locks in but is really easy to release to access..............The Wedge Hunting Multi-Use Knife | Outdoor Edge Cutlery is very small but seems to be tough ....what do you think?....................sorry didn't mean to get off topic here.....just a follow up to the pic that MaverickX50 posted

AKold (1).JPGJust my 2 cents. I am not carrying spare Mags a back up weapon and or a knife. If my 1 hand gun and the rounds in it are not enough . I done lost that battle or it is over.
    There is a limit. If it gets that bad I am just going to open carry, This one. As I find a new place to live.
    Last edited by Smitty901; January 2nd, 2012 at 11:12 AM.

i canat belive they would do that if its youre right and the law for you to be allowed to carry! what happend to the cops?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    After getting beat in Madison for open carrying , I am informing the the second I get pulled over. It won't stop the ones that have an agenda but it may help

I was just listening to Channel 12......some interview thing with Mike Gousha......On there was Cory Nettles, former secretary of Commerce under the Doyle adminastation......he referred to CCW as just a social issue......made me furious........my comments to him were......CCw is not just a social issue as you refer to it as.....it is a right of all people guaranted by the Constitution of the United States and has been denied to us for far too long.......maybe I don't need a job right now but I sure do need the right to protect myself...your comment was way out of line......................please also go there and leave a comment.....we must start banning together if we are going to protect what we have waited far to long for.......................Former Commerce Secretaries Discuss State's Economic Efforts - Video - WISN Milwaukee

How many people are still here waiting for their permits that sent them in in November? Did everyone from the first batch get theirs now?.....the 45 day one

Sponsored Links