Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 After getting beat in Madison for open carrying , I am informing the the second I get pulled over. It ...

Page 165 of 297 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 4444
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901
    After getting beat in Madison for open carrying , I am informing the the second I get pulled over. It won't stop the ones that have an agenda but it may help

Quote Originally Posted by kreinert6 View Post
    i can't believe they would do that if its your right and the law for you to be allowed to carry! what happened to the cops?
    Kreinert6, What happened?? Lots happened, for one a law was passed allowing concealed carry and open carry. Some law enforcement officers feel that only they should be allowed to have weapons. Smitty is living proof of that.

The following is a quote from the chief of police in Milwaukee:
    "Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn, who had this to say: "My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it."

The 'putting to the ground' includes law abiding citizens that will open carry. In essence he is saying treat every open carry as if the person is a low life slimeball. He knows full well that 99.9% of criminals will never open carry yet law abiding citizens have to pay the price for the criminals. Go figure!!!!!! Why would they have to throw someone to the ground if they simply instruct the person to raise there hands and then proceed with caution to disarm the person until they check them out to see if they are felons [ or something similar when dealing with open carry]
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

i sent mine nov 16 still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by farmermom View Post
    How many people are still here waiting for their permits that sent them in in November? Did everyone from the first batch get theirs now?.....the 45 day one

it amases me how he openly states that and leo continue to haras people and get away with it when it is the law! our right as americans legally! this just boggles my mind. and the law makes what dont wana get into it? dont want someone looking at them as a gun toting red neck if they are pro gun? or pro americans haveing their rights? it makes me sick sitting here on deployment knowing lawfull, most likely patriotic americans are being treated like **** because we want to have a gun? protect our liife witch is more valubale than anything else in the world? but we are viewed as a crazy guy with a gun... this is compleatly un acceptibal. im sorry it just i dk what i can say or do. or anything for that matter. thats like seeing someone getting beat up and you dont jump in because u dont want to deal with it. this is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    After getting beat in Madison for open carrying , I am informing the the second I get pulled over. It won't stop the ones that have an agenda but it may help

Kreinert6, What happened?? Lots happened, for one a law was passed allowing concealed carry and open carry. Some law enforcement officers feel that only they should be allowed to have weapons. Smitty is living proof of that.

"Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn, who had this to say: "My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it."

The 'putting to the ground' includes law abiding citizens that will open carry. In essence he is saying treat every open carry as if the person is a low life slimeball. He knows full well that 99.9% of criminals will never open carry yet law abiding citizens have to pay the price for the criminals. Go figure!!!!!! Why would they have to throw someone to the ground if they simply instruct the person to raise there hands and then proceed with caution to disarm the person until they check them out to see if they are felons [ or something similar when dealing with open carry]

Americans buy record numbers of guns for Christmas
    Americans buy record numbers of guns for Christmas - Telegraph
    kreinert6 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by kreinert6 View Post
    i canat belive they would do that if its youre right and the law for you to be allowed to carry! what happend to the cops?
    If you have been watching the news in the last year it has happen quite a bit in Madsion and the have promised to step it up even more.

How many people are still here waiting for their permits that sent them in in November? Did everyone from the first batch get theirs now?.....the 45 day one
    Some that were mailed in mid November got held up, Any that were received by DOJ December 1 had a 21 day requirement so the November ones were pushed back as they had a 45 day . I was out of town so it was mailed around 14 Nov check cashed 24 Nov so you can bet it will be 45 days to the day or a few extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post

DECLAIMER I'M A PRO CCW & OPEN CARRIER

Your Police Dept's are Only as good as the local chief will allow them to be. I'm in a 1 horse town and the Chief is waging war on traffic violations! after discussing this with several of the members of the P.D. they also feel that it's a bit much! I can not define what a bit much, so please do not ask me to. Draw your own conclusion.

Madison is a "NO Brainer" Liberal capital of this State, the Mecca of the Anti-gun lobby's and movements. Milwaukee has the some of the worst crime committed unfortunately with hand guns. Also there are gangs and a complete infiltration of drugs and Anti-gun do gooders. After YEARS of subjecting the people to anti-gun re-education from the womb to the tomb this is what the result is. Do I like it? no! Do I support it? no! Will the anti-gun groups ever change? not on your life! Will the larger cities ever change, in time they will. We have to dismantle years of indoctrination which I don't think will be complete in my life time.

Most Americans have long forgotten that there were a great many colonists that were sympathetic to royal crown during the Revolutionary war, The welfare link! Its no different today with the exception the crown is the Federal Government. Our elected leaders for years have kicked the hard issues to the Federal level giving up individual state rights in doing so. In doing so the machine is broken at all levels.
    Maverickx50 and Ramjet like this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Nice knife...thanks for the pic. Can I ask you where to buy them? Also thank you for your response.....Stay safe
    Got one on E-Bay the other on gunbroker.com. In both cases they cost me around $30 to $40 less than the $100 + retail price.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

LC9
    Carried last night when I ran some errands and did some grocery shopping. Felt weird, like I was doing something wrong. Felt like everyone knew I was carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Attachment 55417Just my 2 cents. I am not carrying spare Mags a back up weapon and or a knife. If my 1 hand gun and the rounds in it are not enough . I done lost that battle or it is over.
    There is a limit. If it gets that bad I am just going to open carry, This one. As I find a new place to live.
    There have been several threads dedicated to knives in the past. Best to do a search and read up on them. People here that know more than me agree that you get what you pay for. A knife should.can have many uses beyond self defense. I use mine often but never (yet) for self defense. That said consider the uses, the ease of carry the quality of the steel, the personal safety, and even the visual impact on others as they see you take it out for something as simple as opening a package. Also consider having a serrated portion on the blade as there are things that need cutting (like seat belts) where sharp will not always do.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by LC9 View Post
    Carried last night when I ran some errands and did some grocery shopping. Felt weird, like I was doing something wrong. Felt like everyone knew I was carrying.
    After over 5 years of carrying I can assure you that you will get over it. Like a kid with a new pair of sneakers. Makes one feel fast, special at first but feeling goes away pretty fast.

Well today is offically day 45 for me. Waiting for the doj to personally deliver it to me. Anyone know what the doj delivery van looks like?
    mjb65 likes this.

These next two week should be the receiving period for the last of the 45 day application crowd. Also remember more DOJ People are susposed to be dedicated to the processing of these applications. To my knowledge there is no USPS mail delivery today, Monday January 2, 2012. I'm sure all us of here will be watching. Wish you all well in 2012.
    My WI. CCW Permit Statistics
    Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: .............. 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: .... 11/02/2011

Quick question, are there any decent or for that matter any indoor pistol ranges open to the public in Brown, Door, Manitowoc or Sheboygan county's???
    That would be an excellent business opportunity, once you hurdle the start up costs.

Big issue is the ventilation and recovery system. Bullet traps are readily available and rather affordable.

That's why I like being up in the a north woods right off the back deck into my bullet trap.

I shoot almost every. Day even if it's just one magazine full.

I would not open carry in the communist state of Madison. Heck I do not even like going there.

Links