Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 170

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jerp Ok update, i was the one who had the address mix up. And got the call back from the doj where ...

Page 170 of 297 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Ok update, i was the one who had the address mix up. And got the call back from the doj where they admitted fault. IT CAME TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sent: Nov. 3rd
    check cashed: Nov. 15
    Issued: Nov. 21
    Received 12-3
    Permit # 382**
    congrats......stay safe and enjoy
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Anybody looking for a good carry holster check out the versa carry and for those of you still waiting hang in there took me 53 days and it's worth it
    mjb65 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    This is the version you need to read noticed how they word it. This is what you are up against.
    License to kill: A tragic Somerset case illuminates a new law
    The writer of the article does not address the issue of what might have happened under the old law. Under the old the outcome might have been when Mr.Woolley retreated into his house Bittinger would have followed him and beaten him to death.

It is amazing how this writer and many others continue to sympathize with the bad people of the world and want to strip law abiding citizens of there rights under the law.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Alivefive View Post
    What other states can i ccw with wi permit
    List of states that honor other state permits/licenses
    http://handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf

Keep in mind you need to abide by the other states laws concerning concealed carry and not Wisconsin's. You will need to check with the other state you plan to carry in.
    RightyLefty and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    Just registered to let you guys know i'm still waiting for my permit as well. Mailed Nov 16th and still nothing. Any Mid Nov. mailers received theirs yet?
    I sent mine on 11/16 also. Check cleared 11/28. Still waiting for permit. Right at 45 days now. If permit is not here by end of the week, I will be really disappointed.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c4ptn0bv10us View Post
    Anyone know if the WI DOJ Training will satisfy Florida's CCW Training requirement for a non-resident permit?

Download the application from the link below. It lists what is acceptable. I believe DOJ training will qualify.

Form/Publication Request 790 - Division of Licensing, FDACS
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    Download the application from the link below. It lists what is acceptable. I believe DOJ training will qualify.

Form/Publication Request 790 - Division of Licensing, FDACS
    Another site that has useful info is:
    Handgunlaw.us

If you click on a specific state it will show which states honor permits of the state you clicked on along with other useful information.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    I sent mine on 11/16 also. Check cleared 11/28. Still waiting for permit. Right at 45 days now. If permit is not here by end of the week, I will be really disappointed.
    Same here, really hoping by the weekend. I'm also in the Fox Valley so maybe we will both see something soon.

I'm right there too. Sent on 11/15. Cashed 11/25. Probably need to add back days for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, plus mail transit days on both ends, so any day now, right?

Didn't get too anxious once it was clear the DOJ wasn't going to issue permits early. Figured we waited decades for this, what's a few more days? Slow torture, that's what it is!
    mjb65 likes this.

I feel the pain in waiting for the CCL to hit the mail box. Sent app on 11/1/11 along with my neighbor. My check was cashed 11/8 My neighbor received her CCL on 11/18/11 with a number in the 5000 area. Mine came in the mail on the 45th day (12/15) with a number in the 25000 area. Go figure. I called the DOJ a number of time with no help from them. They told me to wait by the mail box. It was a hard 6 weeks for me. I wanted to live long enough to actually carry.

PS....Go Pack
    Last edited by bandrich; January 4th, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Truth of the matter is the DOJ is in way over there head, at least we have an official statement from them stating as much. They were not prepared for prime time so to speak. The only thing at this time to do and I know it's a pain is wait. For those who filed in November, contact your state Representative and let them know your unhappy. This is a learning experience for everyone.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Another site that has useful info is:
    Handgunlaw.us

If you click on a specific state it will show which states honor permits of the state you clicked on along with other useful information.
    They have a nice site. Great interaction with their map, but Horribly out of date and inaccurate. Best stay with Handgunlaw.us. The site moderator is a member here and I assure you nobody works harder to keep their information on line up to date and accurate.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Anyone get there permit today?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    They have a nice site. Great interaction with their map, but Horribly out of date and inaccurate. Best stay with Handgunlaw.us. The site moderator is a member here and I assure you nobody works harder to keep their information on line up to date and accurate.
    Huh? Is there a difference between Handgunlaw.us (mentioned by Crowman) and Handgunlaw.us cited by you????

my permit was 35000 plus range

Sponsored Links