Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat I was going to wait to Dec 1 but thought I would get it by the the of the year so ...

Page 178 of 296 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I was going to wait to Dec 1 but thought I would get it by the the of the year so I sent off on 11-16. I wish I would have waited till 12 -1.
    I would also recommend to anybody who did not apply yet to make copies of the forms and to get delivery confirmation from Post Office.
    Very good advice.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

2. Remove Ads

i hope everyone who is waiting gets a nice little present soon in the mail!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I was going to wait to Dec 1 but thought I would get it by the the of the year so I sent off on 11-16. I wish I would have waited till 12 -1.
    I would also recommend to anybody who did not apply yet to make copies of the forms and to get delivery confirmation from Post Office.
    Kind of a waste of time for the following reasons.
    1. Losing them has not been a problem
    2. A few have been mailed to wrong address, that would not change no madder how you sent it
    3. If they do not send it in the 45 or 21 day time frame oh well just a number of days it offers no recourse you can go after.
    4. It would only slow down the intake process at the DOJ
    They have come right out and said they are going to miss some by a few days.

can i have some clarification please, from some more sofisticated, educated mature people?
    ..if walker is recalled do we loose our ccw?
    ..do we also loose the gun laws he has alowed us?
    i have no idea how politics nor normal law gov work, i would just like to know. ive been gone from wisconsin for almost 4 years and want to know if i can keep my right and if not how can i help to keep it?

not ment to be a political duscussion just want to know if something happens if i can keep my right?
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kreinert6 View Post
    can i have some clarification please, from some more sophisticated, educated mature people?
    ..if walker is recalled do we loose our ccw?
    ..do we also loose the gun laws he has allowed us?
    i have no idea how politics nor normal law gov work, i would just like to know. I've been gone from Wisconsin for almost 4 years and want to know if i can keep my right and if not how can i help to keep it?

not meant to be a political discussion just want to know if something happens if i can keep my right?
    Glad to hear you received your permit.

If he is voted out of office the answer is NO the law stands. However what can happen is if the mood of the Wisconsin voters and there respectful state representatives changes we could see the CCW law repealed. The Governor [not matter who it is] alone can not repeal it.

Representative Josh Zepnick of Milwaukee has already proposed banning weapons at gas stations. He did this shortly after the CCW law became effective. The battle for our 2nd amendment rights will be a never ending battle.

News article: Bill would ban guns from gas stations
    Bill would ban guns from gas stations - JSOnline
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

i think im going to not look at the news because it literly makes me sick knowing there basicly is nothing i can do to prevent them from doing what they want. :( i love wisconsin so much i hope noone agrees with this!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

And if they do repeal CCW I expect a full refund for the permit, background check, and class I was required to take to get my permit. Also the stamp I used to send the application in the mail. Otherwise it is a flat out SCAM.
    THEONLYGHOST and farmermom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    While your waiting encourage a friend or family member to apply of their own.
    Remind them they do not have to carry a Gun there are other options but not if they do not apply.
    protect the right.
    I whole totally agree with Smitty. The higher the permit number the better. We need to see that number in the high hundreds of thousands, if not well over one million. This will show the state representatives that are not so keen on CCW that this is what the citizens of Wisconsin want so leave it alone.
    kreinert6 and bandrich like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Why practice is so important

Below is a link to an FBI study titled "NEW FINDINGS FROM FBI ABOUT COP ATTACKERS & THEIR WEAPONS"

It explains how the bad guys practice and many have been carrying guns for years. It is good article on why we must practice, practice, practice, practice, and yes practice.

Force Science News
    farmermom likes this.

Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? A Review of International Evidence

Excerpt from the report conclusion:
    "Nevertheless the burden of proof rests on the proponents of the "more guns = more death/fewer guns = less death mantra, especially since they propose public policy ought to be based on that mantra. To bear that burden would at the very least require showing that a large number of nations with more guns have more death and that nations which imposed stringent gun controls achieved substantial reductions in criminal violence (or suicide). But those things are precisely what is not demonstrated when a large number of nations are compared across the world."
    http://law.bepress.com/cgi/viewconte...ntext=expresso

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    While your waiting encourage a friend or family member to apply of their own.
    Remind them they do not have to carry a Gun there are other options but not if they do not apply.
    protect the right.
    hey can (only with a ccw license) carry a stun gun or air taser for non lethal defense a couple friends of mine are applying for just that reason I have had experience with stun guns and I don't recommend them, however I have heard the air tasers are very effective. So even if they don't feel comfortable with a gun there are other options.
    kreinert6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by THEONLYGHOST View Post
    hey can (only with a ccw license) carry a stun gun or air taser for non lethal defense a couple friends of mine are applying for just that reason I have had experience with stun guns and I don't recommend them, however I have heard the air tasers are very effective. So even if they don't feel comfortable with a gun there are other options.
    the air taser is the perfect idea for my wife. yes yes i know i love guns im in the infantry but my wife is not comfy wiht them unless on the range i try and try and will continue to make her comfy about guns and how to properly use them thne hopefully, progress to a couple classes. but mayber i can convince her to aply for this reason then later move twords a real gun.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Dealing With Traffic Stops Properly With a Concealed Weapon

THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Free Americans Buy 10,800,000+ Guns in 2011

Some food for the lefties. Can anyone say Heimlich Maneuver?

Free Americans Buy 10,800,000+ Guns in 2011 ~ Message Don't F-with USA
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by kreinert6 View Post
    the air taser is the perfect idea for my wife. yes yes i know i love guns im in the infantry but my wife is not comfy wiht them unless on the range i try and try and will continue to make her comfy about guns and how to properly use them thne hopefully, progress to a couple classes. but mayber i can convince her to aply for this reason then later move twords a real gun.
    ADVANCED TASER SYSTEM
    ADVANCED TASER SYSTEM
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Links