Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 180

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by presa_dad Mailed application : November 7th Check cashed : November 21st Received denial letter : December 24th Hand delivered appeal and fingerprints ...

Page 180 of 297 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 4448
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by presa_dad View Post
    Mailed application : November 7th
    Check cashed : November 21st
    Received denial letter : December 24th
    Hand delivered appeal and fingerprints : December 27th
    Still waiting for my permit ...
    Am I mistaken? I remember reading they have 15 days to review your appeal?
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I sent in my application on November 1st. According to my bank, the check cleared on November 5th. In spite of the fact that the Wisconsin DOJ seems to have no issue with taking my money, they have sent me neither a license nor a rejection letter. According to their own rules, I should have received one or the other within 45 days - which would have been December 20th.

Here we are, 18 days later, and still no word. Does anyone know of any recourse I might have in this matter? I find the entire matter very frustrating, but as far as I can tell there don't seem to be any penalties for failing to meet their deadline. In other words, they MUST send me my license or a letter of rejection by the deadline - unless, of course, they don't feel like it, in which case it sucks to be me.

Anyone who had a similar problem and was able to solve it, or with ideas on what steps I should take next, please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldjimstallis View Post
    My permit was delivered today, Bobby Cleveland's IWB holster is broken in, SR9c is loaded. I'm ready for the Wally Walk!
    Sent: Dec. 12
    Received by D.O.J. : Dec. 14(?)
    Check cleared: Dec. 16
    Issued: Jan 6
    Delivered: Jan 7. Permit #447**

Good luck to those of you waiting for your permits. Hope today is the day!
    damn nov. 16th mail date here, hoping for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Am I mistaken? I remember reading they have 15 days to review your appeal?
    I've been looking through the law and the emergency rules, and I think they have 30 days. Appeals go to a different division than applications, so I had hoped it would be a quick process. Unfortunately, I fear it will take all of the 30 days. Still puzzled with the denial, I've even bought a new gun since being denied and passed the background check without delay.

Hello mjworth

I had the same problem but not as bad as you. I sent app on Nov. 1 they cashed my check on Nov 8. I received my CCL on Dec 15. exactly 45 days. I was calling the DOJ every week and got to know the person that answered the phone. She was helpful. Her name is Cindy at 608-266-1221. She put me in touch with the head of criminal investigation Walt Neverman and he said if I did not get my CCL within a week after the 45th day to call him. His direct number is 608-264-6207. You sure have been patient. I would call Walt on Monday at 8:00am. Just saying.

PS Be nice however. You are just concerned that you CCL is lost in the mail or something. You know what I mean.
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by mjworth View Post
    I sent in my application on November 1st. According to my bank, the check cleared on November 5th. In spite of the fact that the Wisconsin DOJ seems to have no issue with taking my money, they have sent me neither a license nor a rejection letter. According to their own rules, I should have received one or the other within 45 days - which would have been December 20th.

Here we are, 18 days later, and still no word. Does anyone know of any recourse I might have in this matter? I find the entire matter very frustrating, but as far as I can tell there don't seem to be any penalties for failing to meet their deadline. In other words, they MUST send me my license or a letter of rejection by the deadline - unless, of course, they don't feel like it, in which case it sucks to be me.

Anyone who had a similar problem and was able to solve it, or with ideas on what steps I should take next, please help!
    That much time something has gone wrong you need to write them they will not talk much on the phone. A call would not hurt.
    There have been a few case where they were mailed to wrong address.

Another family member mailed hers 20 DEC so we will see how hers goes. That would have been a bad time to mail Christmas and new year holiday.

Finally it is here

mailed 11-16
    check cleared 11-29
    permit issued 01-04
    permit mailed 01-05
    permit received 01-07
    52 days

#42xxx
    MrMeanor and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Well I figured today had to be the day since others with the same mailing/check clearing dates were getting their permits.

Mailed 11/16
    Check Cleared 11/28
    Issued 01/05
    Received 01/07

Permit #427XX

Best of luck to those still waiting!
    MrMeanor and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    Well I figured today had to be the day since others with the same mailing/check clearing dates were getting their permits.

Mailed 11/16
    Check Cleared 11/28
    Issued 01/05
    Received 01/07

Permit #427XX

Best of luck to those still waiting!
    Great news now protect the right.
    We can do some math now it looks like they are getting around 1000 a day out as we see more post with the first 3 digits posted we can get a better average.
    The 2 of jan they were issuing in the mid 39xxx.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjworth View Post

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you follow Bandrich's advice and come Monday morning give them a call! I understand being patient but your case goes way beyond that of other cases no question about it... Good Luck keep us posted.
    Last edited by WD54241; January 7th, 2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: oops

YES! finally arrived today :-)

mailed 11/16

Issued 1/5

# 429**

Thanks for all the kind words and hope guys. That was a battle to stay positive during the wait.
    MrMeanor, mjb65 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

VIP Member
    NOT TODAY

Mailed 11-16-
    Cashed 11-28

just got life insurance bills and 30% off at Kohls.

Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    YES! finally arrived today :-)

mailed 11/16

Issued 1/5

# 429**

Thanks for all the kind words and hope guys. That was a battle to stay positive during the wait.
    Now after a 20 year battle what will you do to ensure we keep it? Remember we had it in our hands 3 times only to have it pulled away 3 times in a row.

^ vote for Walker again during recall election, vote for Ron Paul, represent gun owners and CCW holders in a positive and respectful manor, and join the NRA for starters.
    hdman97 likes this.

Links