Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 185

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat Day 54 for me Maybe today is the day! The Holidays kinda got in the way and I don't know what ...

Page 185 of 297 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4449
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Day 54 for me
    Maybe today is the day! The Holidays kinda got in the way and I don't know what day they really got my application.
    I refuse to call them at this point! I don't want to waste their time. If I reach 60 days I may think about contacting them. I did go to the bank and get the copy of the canceled check and found they use the same bank as me.
    Sent 11-16 ( standard mail)
    Check cleared 11-28
    I received my permit on Saturday. I have the same mailing and check clearing date as you. I would like to think today it is your turn! Best of luck.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.

My check posted at the bank 12-1-11 and just got back from the mailbox with no permit. Makes you wonder what the eff they`re doing.

Good luck to everyone this week. Hope to hear the collective sound of DOJ envelopes being opened.
    MrBuckwheat and THEONLYGHOST like this.

VIP Member
    sorry bigbang, Hope Tues is your day. Remember next Monday is MLK day they will probably be off. I do think they are trying to balance the 21 day Dec apps and keep them up to date while keeping some of the Nov apps moving. It is too bad they just don't finish up all of the Nov apps and get them out of the way! My mail is late today so I don't know yet.

slow goings

Day 52 for my wife now. Cashed Nov 16. For me it was cashed 11/29 so that would put me at 42 days. A lot of people I know are over the 50 day mark now as well. I'm starting to think they mean 45 business days. May be I missed that before. If so than we are still under the 45 day mark.

VIP Member
    45 days from when they recieve it. It goes thru administration dept first then to the DOJ. Even if you send with delivery confirmation you don't know the exact day when they got it. Once processed and approved they print the card with an issue date on it. May take several more days to get thru the mail system. I think there is another dept that puts postage on the envelopes and processes the out going mail. I think it is a matter of the Thanksgiving holiday, Christmas, New Years holidays and the balance between the Dec 1 and later apps vs the remaining Nov apps. Lets face it we got bad timing. All of my friends (yes Mr Buckwheat has some of them) got their permits. All within 42 days of sending the mail. Not business days. I am the last person in our group that has yet to recieve it. At least I am around many armed people.

thanks for clearing up the 45 days. not sure when they got it just know when they cashed the checks. guess we will wait another 2 weeks before we send a letter or call anyone.

VIP Member
    It sucks having to wait. Thanks for waiting a couple more weeks before you call. If everyone calls nothing will get done and we will all wait longer. I think they are "on it" I just wish they would take them in the order they rec them (going back to day one). In a month so or so from now after you have had your permission slip in hand for a while this won't matter any more. New permits will be processed very fast.

I received a reply to the email I sent to my senator, Senator Neil Kedzie. He said the DOJ is indeed processing the December apps while still getting the November apps out before the 45 day deadline. He also said his office has already contacted the DOJ and was looking into the matter.

It was nice to hear back, and hear back that he's already on it.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    New Wisconsin CCW Permit holder.

Good luck to all they are coming. Not as fast as some would like but better than we we did not have the right at.
    Today I cleared up how easy it is to apply to two more people at work and they are mailing their in. Just think how much stronger our right would be if all of us help a few more sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Fired up! Women taking up arms - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Many women these days are arming themselves so they can be prepared for the worst.
    Richmond County Daily Journal - Load up ladies

Mother With a Gun
    She and her baby are alive, and their would-be killer is dead, because she was armed.
    Mother With a Gun - Rich Lowry - National Review Online
    I fully encourage all to apply Women have every right and reason in the world to do so. And while they are at go out buy a Harley and really live.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapstick View Post
    I received a reply to the email I sent to my senator, Senator Neil Kedzie. He said the DOJ is indeed processing the December apps while still getting the November apps out before the 45 day deadline. He also said his office has already contacted the DOJ and was looking into the matter.

It was nice to hear back, and hear back that he's already on it.
    I'm glad to hear your lawmaker got back to you!

VIP Member
    I got a denial letter today

It said my address did not match on my drivers license.

You got to be kidding me I waited since 11-16-11 for this?

now what?
    app sent 11-16-11
    Check cashed 11-28-11
    Jan 5 2012 letter from DOJ denial
    Jan 9 2012 rec denial
    Maybe it is not ment to be for me

now what?
    app sent 11-16-11
    Check cashed 11-28-11
    Jan 9 2012 rec denial
    That is easy enough to fix don't give up that easy just give them a call they explain what you need to do.
    been a few that have found out they never updated an address.

now what?
    app sent 11-16-11
    Check cashed 11-28-11
    Jan 9 2012 rec denial
    (Same thing happened to me. Change your address online with DMV, resumit all your original papers. Should get your permit in ten days!!

Links