Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks like it takes 3 day for the mail so figure 3 days coming and going and today was day 45 for me! So they ...

Page 186 of 296 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

VIP Member
    Looks like it takes 3 day for the mail so figure 3 days coming and going and today was day 45 for me! So they are on target.Now if I can fix this address mess I will be set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    That is easy enough to fix don't give up that easy just give them a call they explain what you need to do.
    been a few that have found out they never updated an address.

2. Remove Ads

shotguns and home defense

Pregnant Woman With Shotgun Thwarts Burglars

Pregnant Woman With Shotgun Thwarts Burglars CBS Minnesota

might I add nice shotgun.
    Jpeetz and jrclen like this.

signed up mom and dad

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Good luck to all they are coming. Not as fast as some would like but better than we we did not have the right at.
    Today I cleared up how easy it is to apply to two more people at work and they are mailing their in. Just think how much stronger our right would be if all of us help a few more sign up.

Well hard to believe but I got my 77 year old Dad and 72 year old mom and my bride of 10 years to take a training course tomorrow Jan. 10. Yeah baby!!!
    MrMeanor and farmermom like this.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I got a denial letter today

It said my address did not match on my drivers license.

You got to be kidding me I waited since 11-16-11 for this?

now what?
    app sent 11-16-11
    Check cashed 11-28-11
    Jan 5 2012 letter from DOJ denial
    Jan 9 2012 rec denial
    Maybe it is not ment to be for me
    Come on Buckwheat strength of the bear speed of the puma. It is yours for the taking.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by THEONLYGHOST View Post

You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bandrich and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Went to grandson's basketball game tonight and felt 'naked' having to leave my weapon in my vehicle. I use a Nano gun vault for such situations.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Training for women and men is paramount. More time at the range after you have been instructed to properly handle a firearm is the most important aspect of your right to defend yourself.

Take the time get to know other gals who are like minded and want to be trained and knowledgable in self defense.

It is more likely a women is chosen as a victim than a man. That in itself is reason enough to learn all you can. You should be commended for taking control of your life and moving forward. Pass the word you have along to other gals. It is a powerful message.
    ^Thanks Ramjet. You are right. It is much easier for the bad guys to target....what they believe are defenseless women. One of these days a bad guy is going to get a BIG surprise when he tries to attack Grandma in the parking lot and a 75 year year old women pulls out her 9mm. I go to the range to practice....practice....practice as much as I can. Sometimes twice a week. I thank Governor Walker for this for all us women out there that we don't have to be victims any longer without an equalizer.
    rstanek and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjb65 View Post
    Well hard to believe but I got my 77 year old Dad and 72 year old mom and my bride of 10 years to take a training course tomorrow Jan. 10. Yeah baby!!!
    Now that's a Family Tradition! well done!
    THEONLYGHOST and mjb65 like this.

VIP Member
    I got one also, in my truck,
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Went to grandson's basketball game tonight and felt 'naked' having to leave my weapon in my vehicle. I use a Nano gun vault for such situations.

VIP Member

DOT update

I own a business with a different address than my home
    I registred my work truck and kept it at my business. The DOT decided to take it upon them self to change my address of my drivers license when I registed my work truck at my business location.
    SO I get turned down for my carry permit because my driver license address does not match where I claim to live.
    But when I look at my license the address is correct. I had to change my address back to my home address where it was in the first place and now I get to reapply for my carry permit.

I never thought to check this out but if you have moved or your drivers license may be different get that fixed before you apply for your carry permit and avoid my frustration. I have been waiting since 11-16-11 now It goes back into the bins someplace.

They did process my original permit within the 45 days if you allow 6 days for the mail and that was thru 3 holidays so I guess I can't ***** too much. I hope I am now on the 21 day plan. I would like my card before the recall just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I own a business with a different address than my home
    I registred my work truck and kept it at my business. The DOT decided to take it upon them self to change my address of my drivers license when I registed my work truck at my business location.
    SO I get turned down for my carry permit because my driver license address does not match where I claim to live.
    But when I look at my license the address is correct. I had to change my address back to my home address where it was in the first place and now I get to reapply for my carry permit.

I never thought to check this out but if you have moved or your drivers license may be different get that fixed before you apply for your carry permit and avoid my frustration. I have been waiting since 11-16-11 now It goes back into the bins someplace.

They did process my original permit within the 45 days if you allow 6 days for the mail and that was thru 3 holidays so I guess I can't ***** too much. I hope I am now on the 21 day plan. I would like my card before the recall just in case!
    If not mistaken, you go to to the front of the line or a different section altogether. I "think they have 10 days to verify the correction" But than again just about everything they have done is contrary to what is in print. Good luck! hope you get it in 7 to 10 days.
    Last edited by WD54241; January 10th, 2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: screwed up
    MrBuckwheat likes this.

Finally! Im proven right! Ive been saying it for years... guns dont kill... pregnant women do!!! LOL
    WD54241, Divega, MrMeanor and 2 others like this.
    Miracles happen, not in opposition to Nature,
    but in opposition to what we know of Nature.

St. Augustine

Just one question too clear up? Were the bad guys that dumb to kick in the door of a pregnant woman? Or was the pregnant woman going door to door, kicking doors in, and cleaning up the neighborhood for her unborn baby? Being the father of two, Im guessing the latter. And for gods sakes, dont anybody tell my wife I said so..... Pleeeeeeeze!!!
    Miracles happen, not in opposition to Nature,
    but in opposition to what we know of Nature.

St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Just one question too clear up? Were the bad guys that dumb to kick in the door of a pregnant woman? Or was the pregnant woman going door to door, kicking doors in, and cleaning up the neighborhood for her unborn baby? Being the father of two, Im guessing the latter. And for gods sakes, dont anybody tell my wife I said so..... Pleeeeeeeze!!!
    You put it on the net someday she will see it .

No one has posted any numbers today have we cleared the 50xxx mark yet?

Mine was sent in Nov. 12
    Check cashed Nov. 25
    Spoke with them today and was told mine was due out Jan. 6th but they are 5 days behind. She did confirm mine has not been sent out yet but I should expect it in a week and a half.
    Dept of Justice. 608 266 1221

Links