Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 188

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Alivefive Sent Nov 20 Check Cleared Nov 30 Still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Friday or Sat for yours. Let me know!...

Page 188 of 297 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alivefive View Post
    Sent Nov 20
    Check Cleared Nov 30
    Still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Friday or Sat for yours. Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel78 View Post
    Alright here are my updated stats
    Application mailed Dec. 7
    Money order cashed Dec. 12
    Permit issued Dec. 26
    Mailed out from doj Jan. 4
    Permit received Jan. 7
    Permit # 339**
    and that is about 21 days if you subtract the mail time and the holidays so everyone waiting just keep your heads up its on the way and i don't know why it took so long to mail mine out to me but doesnt matter still feels good to ccw legally
    Congrats yo you......carry safely

Still counting

I appreciate the thread in making me feel I am in good company.
    Application Mailed 11/21
    Check Cleared 11/30

Still waiting 1/10

I have waited a long time and will be able to wait a while longer.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Gun Vault I Use

Below is the Nano NVB400 gun vault I use. Comes in handy when you need to temporarily store your weapon in a vehicle due to not being allowed to carry somewhere. Also to store at home to keep out of reach of children, etc. Uses fingerprint to open and/or key. [can store up to 120 fingerprints] Comes with cable to secure vault to vehicle seat bracket, trunk lid hinge, etc.

THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    can you share the reason that you were denied, mine was an address glitch, I have seen others need more training certificate info, I did not have to complete the appeal form. Of course I don't have a permit yet so I don't know what will come up next.
    Mistaken identity, the DOJ thinks I'm a drug addict. Had to submit fingerprints with my appeal so they can figure out the record they are looking at is not mine. I have no criminal history whatsoever and have even bought new guns right before and after getting my denial letter, passed the background checks without delay. The same agency that denies me one week, approves me the next. Great system the DOJ has going.
    Crowman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by presa_dad View Post
    Mistaken identity, the DOJ thinks I'm a drug addict. Had to submit fingerprints with my appeal so they can figure out the record they are looking at is not mine. I have no criminal history whatsoever and have even bought new guns right before and after getting my denial letter, passed the background checks without delay. The same agency that denies me one week, approves me the next. Great system the DOJ has going.
    DMV background check and social security should have dispelled there doubts I would think? The fact you have to supply prints is ridiculous!

The DOJ has access to the DMV all they have to do is compare your photo to the Photo of the other guy! again I'm sorry but I don't understand what the hang up is. They are not digging to deep, they are only scratching the surface. Why on earth should you have to do their job for them when you paid the DOJ for services?
    Last edited by WD54241; January 11th, 2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: added

I cant tell you how much this infuriats me! Didnt you send them $50? Are they not supposed to use that money to do a search? I would think that the burden of proof falls upon the DOJ and not you haveing to supply fingerprints! If you have not commited a crime what rite do they have to your fingerprints? That wasnt part of the deal! Does getting a CCW require finger printing now? I think your rights may vave been violated a bit because I did not have to submitt my finger prints to obtain my permit. Maby I am the only one that thinks this is a big deal but I realy hope not? When the government begins forcing non-criminals to submit finger prints it is blatently disregarding your rights as a US citizen. I hope you got your fingure prints back or are you in the database now? Maby Im makeing a big deal out of nothing? What do the rest of you think????
    Nam and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    Miracles happen, not in opposition to Nature,
    but in opposition to what we know of Nature.

St. Augustine

Got mine

Hey All, new guy here. Yes, it's been quite a battle here in Wisconsin to get Conceal Carry, but we finally elected a no-nonsense governor with Scott Walker. Many folks don't realize that WI already had "open-carry" for many years but local LEO's would normally "spank" you for being a public nuisance for excersizing that "right". I downloaded a WI CCW application the morning of November 1st and sent it in, priority mail. It was received in Madison, WI on Wednesday, the 3rd. My CCW was issued on November 22nd and I've been carrying every day since then. I previously had a Utah CCW permit because that allowed me to carry in Minnesota and 30+ other states. The folks at the CIB in Madison were inundated with applications and as for me, I think they've been doing a great job in getting permits out to folks that pass the requirements. The first day alone there were 83,000 + downloads of the application, so it was a pretty daunting task for the powers that be to get on the stick. Anyway, during the past several cold weeks we've had, I carry my Caspian Arms Commander in .45 ACP as it's easy to conceal in a below-the-waist coat. I'm more of a revolver guy, so this one is really my favorite.

Anybody else carry a revolver?
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    Stay calm, pick a spot..........squeeze the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    I cant tell you how much this infuriats me! Didn't you send them $50? Are they not supposed to use that money to do a search? I would think that the burden of proof falls upon the DOJ and not you haveing to supply fingerprints! If you have not commited a crime what rite do they have to your fingerprints? That wasnt part of the deal! Does getting a CCW require finger printing now? I think your rights may vave been violated a bit because I did not have to submitt my finger prints to obtain my permit. Maby I am the only one that thinks this is a big deal but I realy hope not? When the government begins forcing non-criminals to submit finger prints it is blatently disregarding your rights as a US citizen. I hope you got your fingure prints back or are you in the database now? Maby I'm makeing a big deal out of nothing? What do the rest of you think????
    I agree with you 100% I'd be pissed off as well. You have no problem buying fire arms prior and since applying. I sure would like to think that the background phone call at the gun shop is legal enough for you to take possesion than thats it! end of debate.

I'd sure like to have someone from the DOJ explain the difference to me! with all the electronic cross checking, photos, SS# etc etc. The best answer from them is your name matches someone Else's! Hog wash, B.S. So does a half million other people! Use the available resources to determine your identity and confirm it's not hard. They are just trying to make your life difficult and miserable.
    Jpeetz, Nam and THEONLYGHOST like this.

VIP Member
    That is a horible story. Sorry to hear that. But I would be more concerned about some scum bag that is hyjacking your id. Better tighten up your passwords and keep your records handy and up to date. Make sure to have photo copies of all of your credit cards, so if you notice something you can get on it right away.

What are the rules if you were to submit another app with an additional $50.00 bucks? Or is there a rule that won't allow that if you have already been denied.

Finally it arrived today:

Nov 21: Sent in application
    Nov 29: check cashed by DOJ
    Jan 9: CCL issued
    Jan 11: CCL Arrived
    Permit: 47xxx

44 days from the date they cashed the check till I received it.

Kurt

VIP Member
    good deal! not to bad considering the holidays were in there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyngen View Post

Kurt
    Cyngen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyngen View Post

Kurt

Congrats, I'm hoping mine will be here by wsaturday
    Cyngen and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    good deal! not to bad considering the holidays were in there!
    I just want to ask why are members here treating their permit numbers like social security numbers that may get used by another person? what possible threat could there be?
    Crowman and AIRWAR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    I just want to ask why are members here treating their permit numbers like social security numbers that may get used by another person? what possible threat could there be?
    The cards can be copied with easy it could become an issue if someone figured out you name and date it was issued I could make one. They are not a secure type ID.
    better to be-careful in today Internet world.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Sponsored Links