Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 19

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by smallarsenal We live in Green Bay, can't just go out shooting. She's mad because I've had a Florida license for awhile and ...

Page 19 of 297 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by smallarsenal View Post
    We live in Green Bay, can't just go out shooting. She's mad because I've had a Florida license for awhile and she just doesn't have anything and Green Bay is not as safe as the small town we're from.
    I gotcha. Well I guess I'm used to living in the country, with my closest neighbors 1/2 mile away. I can just shoot into my berm beside the house when I feel like it when I'm home.

BTW, Just saw this on Channel3000.com

-------------------------------------------------------

Concealed Carry Applications, Gun Sales Increase Statewide Nov 25, 2011 8:37 a.m.

Concealed carry is taking hold in Wisconsin.

As of Tuesday,the state Justice Department had received just shy of 45,000 permit applications.

The agency had approved a little more than 13,000 applications and issued about 12,700 permits.

Finally.......Sent application on the 1st.........Got my permit today.......Yyyyyyyessssss !!!

I got mine 13 days after sending it in

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    did you check you mail today?
    Still no permit. Getting frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I as well are still waiting..... no mail today...
    sent nov 1st
    check cleared 15th....

My friend did receive his rejected letter today.... His marines discharge paper did not say what kind of discharge he got so they sent his check back and he can remail the app with the rite military papers...... so hopefully since my check cashed..... any day........ hopefully... congrats to all who received theres today!!!

We all knew this was coming 11/01/2011. I read all the DOJ FAQ's, and Wisconsin Act 35. At 01:00 November 1st I down loaded the forms, and called my friends, told them to get over to my place NOW ! We had coffee and breckfast filled out the forms online then down loaded the completed form for hand signatures. I inspected everything from all who showed up. At 06:00 I got on my HOG (Milwaukee Iron) and rode to Madison. I started out at the DOJ Office and was told to cross the street and see the man himself, (J.B.Van Hollen). There were demonstrators going into the Capitol Building scrawling on the sidewalk "gun free zone, peace zone, no guns here" and singing songs. I walked thru them and up to the Attorney General's Office and was greeted by the Press, and his VERY Polite Secretary. All the players who had something to do with this struggle were there, it was like a reunion, many at the Wausau Signing Ceremony were there. I handed all of our applications in, and visited with friends who had skin in this game, and dogs in this hunt, then left. On Wednesday November 2nd all of us got our Concealed Carry Permits in the mail, the permit numbers were 39, 67, 72, and 93. All I can say is the Number, the Letter & Envelope dated 11/01/2011 are as much a trophy as the permit itself. I have framed it.
    If all of you wanted this ASAP that is what it took, but be calm it will arrive. And be happy with Wisconsin Act 35 as we have worked and waited 15 years for this. Happy Thanksgiving, and don't forget to read Wisconsin Act 51.
    Last edited by AIRWAR; November 26th, 2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: spelling, sentence structure.
    MrMeanor likes this.

Another day for disappointment. They've had my money for almost 2 weeks now and no permit. Thinking about sending them a bill for interest on my fifty bucks. Pretty much giving up at this point. Will be ready to raise hell if it goes beyond the statutory timeline however.

Holy hell, my wait is finally over. After 25 loooong days of giving my mailman the hairy eyeball, your reading the words of WI CCW permit# 13,0XX. Mailed out from downtown Green Bay on Nov 1. Single stamp got it there (in case you were double-guessing that). Used a certificate of completion from a TC course I took as my training (which is what I believe accounted for a longer wait). I have no idea when the check cleared, I used a money order (may also have increased the wait time, but I doubt it). If I did it over again, I'd send via certified mail and use a personal check so I could track it better and a copy of the hunter's safety course paperwork. But I won't have to do that again!!

Nobody's explained what is actually received, from what I can see. It's a simple, regular sized window envelope from the WI DOJ. The card is attached to a single-paged letter from JB Van Hollen telling you not to be an idiot. There's also a simple pamphlet on the basics of concealed carry in WI. I would've taken a picture, if I wasn't a computer moron.

My IWB holster is scheduled for delivery Monday. I pray that none of us ever have the need to use our firearms in a defensive situation. Good luck to us all!

CONGRATS RODGERS!!

Saturday mail come and gone still nothing!

CWP

Wisconsin snail speed processing this application. My application was sent on 11-3 certified and check was processed on 11-17 and still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    We all knew this was coming 11/01/2011. I read all the DOJ FAQ's, and Wisconsin Act 35. At 01:00 November 1st I down loaded the forms, and called my friends, told them to get over to my place NOW ! We had coffee and breckfast filled out the forms online then down loaded the completed form for hand signatures. I inspected everything from all who showed up. At 06:00 I got on my HOG (Milwaukee Iron) and rode to Madison. I started out at the DOJ Office and was told to cross the street and see the man himself, (J.B.Van Hollen). There were demonstrators going into the Capitol Building scrawling on the sidewalk "gun free zone, peace zone, no guns here" and singing songs. I walked thru them and up to the Attorney General's Office and was greeted by the Press, and his VERY Polite Secretary. All the players who had something to do with this struggle were there, it was like a reunion, many at the Wausau Signing Ceremony were there. I handed all of our applications in, and visited with friends who had skin in this game, and dogs in this hunt, then left. On Wednesday November 2nd all of us got our Concealed Carry Permits in the mail, the permit numbers were 39, 67, 72, and 93. All I can say is the Number, the Letter & Envelope dated 11/01/2011 are as much a trophy as the permit itself. I have framed it.
    If all of you wanted this ASAP that is what it took, but be calm it will arrive. And be happy with Wisconsin Act 35 as we have worked and waited 15 years for this. Happy Thanksgiving, and don't forget to read Wisconsin Act 51.
    I agree. If I had that kind of time and felt like taking a bike ride from Superior to Madison, I probably could have expedited the process. However, I don't have that kind of time. So, in the interim, I printed out the application on the first. Couldn't fill it out until after work that day. Did that and sent it out on the second with registered postage from a federal postal hub. Check has been cashed long ago and here I sit with no permit yet. IMHO, the state is the party that did not plan ahead. This law was passed in July and they were scrambling at the last minute to put the rules together. Still re-writing them after Nov 1. I would think that between July and November they could have had processes, and people in place, gotten the bugs worked out and been ready to rock. It's more like they passed the law and forgot about it until a few days before Nov 1. Glad you were able to get through the process quickly, many of us, especially north of 29, don't have the luxury to hand deliver things to Madison.

I'll continue waiting and when it gets here, it gets here. The novelty has worn off by now.

First day Legal !.......Carried my P89 in Safariland paddle holster, under the vest I usually wear, Went to work , 8 to 12, made the usual stops for gas....in & out of a few retail establishments along the way. No one at work had any idea I was armed.....ran into a few people I knew & nobody had a clue I was carrying.....Very comfortable feeling , now that it's legal.........Just feels Right !!

Nothing again today. Glad that folks are getting theirs even if they sent them in after mine. Maybe next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    Nothing again today. Glad that folks are getting theirs even if they sent them in after mine. Maybe next week.
    Same here! Maybe next week

Still Waiting as well

So I am still watching the mail like all the rest , Congrats to those who have gotten there's I am hoping by my b-day (Dec 4th) I will get mine. anyway I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good holster for a Ruger P95 I figured out a couple other ways to cc it but would prefer a good holster the only downside I have for my search is I have an under barrel mounted laser works grate just a bit large for my old holster. as for bulk im a bigger guy so no issues there. so far I found a pouch that works grate no impressions from the gun, but again it holds a bit loose on my gun would rather have it a bit more snug in its holster.

Links