Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 195

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 Good news protect your rights and sign up a friend. If everyone signed up just one person we would be at ...

Page 195 of 297 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 4452
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

  1. #2911
    New Member Array Moels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Good news protect your rights and sign up a friend. If everyone signed up just one person we would be at 100K we ned to hit over 200K before it slows down.
    I had several friends take the class and send in their app's with me. A few got them and a few are still waiting.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.


  2. #2912
    Senior Member Array WD54241's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lake shore N.E. W.I.
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by moels View Post
    finally! Sent in 11/21 and got it today #509**
    congrats!!

  3. #2913
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Moels View Post
    I had several friends take the class and send in their app's with me. A few got them and a few are still waiting.
    Outstanding that is what we need.
    Many that have DD214's are misunderstanding the requirement all they need to do is send a copy of the DD214 they do not need weapon qual card or anything else

  4. #2914
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,709
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Where is everyone, playing in the snow??
    Had to work at the range today and get some hours in. no luck today with my permit. Guess I will have to wait till Tuesday. Looks like they rans some Dec apps. all of the Nov Apps should be done next week!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

  5. #2915
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,403
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Had to work at the range today and get some hours in. no luck today with my permit. Guess I will have to wait till Tuesday. Looks like they rans some Dec apps. all of the Nov Apps should be done next week!
    It does look like they are moving a bit faster now.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

  6. #2916
    Member Array Romanr4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenosha
    Posts
    122
    Hopefully Tuesday will be my day. 75 days since I mailed my original app. 52 days since updated app... Better be here soon
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

    SIG P220ST


    Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

  7. #2917
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Outstanding that is what we need.
    Many that have DD214's are misunderstanding the requirement all they need to do is send a copy of the DD214 they do not need weapon qual card or anything else
    Just make sure to inform them that it needs to state "honorable" on the DD 214.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

  8. #2918
    New Member Array WhiskeyBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stoddard
    Posts
    5

    Got mine no problem

    Sent 12-28
    Got my permit 1-13

    People who got delayed probably filled out the forms wrong. Your address should be the same as your DL address. Also you need to send proof of training like the hunter safety class I took and you need to pay a fifty dollar fee. If you don't sign the form in three places it will be sent back.

    Just bought a new Hi-Point for a hundred bucks in 9 mms. This is a great gun for concealment carry at the price and the gun is as good as a glock. Make sure you carry your permit and DL though because the permit comes back with a form that says "concealed carry information" which says you have to have them on you when you are carrying a gun. And it says you can carry a knife and electric weapon too under s. 941.24, or a billy club.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

  9. #2919
    Senior Member Array Ramjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NE Wisconsin
    Posts
    605
    Bob,

    That was not the case for many properly filled out forms but still were delayed. It was more a matter of too many apps and not enough people to process them.

    Congrats on your permit. But you thinking a High point is as good as a Glock is alittle concerning. The Glockmis heads and tails above any High Point. Run about 5000 rounds through your High Point then come back and see if you feel the same. Make sure you count every FTF and every bullet off target. High Point is a cheap gun sells that way and shoots that way. I for one would not let my life depend on that type of gun for self defense. Ok to plink with and shoot with but too,many poor reviews out there on them for my taste. The ones I handled showed the level of quality is not very high.

    Be safe be aware and train every day.
    vista461 and rokrok like this.

  10. #2920
    Member Array mjb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Went to look at a new firearm. Was going to the gun show in Waukesha but sense they ban CC at the show they are not getting a dime of my money
    Thanks for the heads up Smitty901. I was going to go this morning to trade my 1911. Guess not.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

  11. #2921
    New Member Array fourlabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    stateline
    Posts
    8
    gotta agree with this , show your intelligence by ignoring the anti- gunners, united we stand, divided we fall
    rokrok likes this.

  12. #2922
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,403
    Quote Originally Posted by mjb65 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Smitty901. I was going to go this morning to trade my 1911. Guess not.
    In Wisconsin Fleet Farm has stepped up and is supporting us they are a excellent source of new hand guns priced right . You need to go in the store they do not list many of the deals on the fliers.
    headed there now.

  13. #2923
    Senior Member Array Buckman60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    694

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyBob View Post
    Sent 12-28
    Got my permit 1-13

    People who got delayed probably filled out the forms wrong. Your address should be the same as your DL address. Also you need to send proof of training like the hunter safety class I took and you need to pay a fifty dollar fee. If you don't sign the form in three places it will be sent back.

    Just bought a new Hi-Point for a hundred bucks in 9 mms. This is a great gun for concealment carry at the price and the gun is as good as a glock. Make sure you carry your permit and DL though because the permit comes back with a form that says "concealed carry information" which says you have to have them on you when you are carrying a gun. And it says you can carry a knife and electric weapon too under s. 941.24, or a billy club.

    I wish you luck with your Highpoint. I bought one used for $99.00, it jams every third shot like clock work. I would not trust it to ever save my life. Read some reviews . Good luck, and congrat on receiving your permit.
    vista461 likes this.

  14. #2924
    New Member Array bigbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    delafield,wi.
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Went to look at a new firearm. Was going to the gun show in Waukesha but sense they ban CC at the show they are not getting a dime of my money
    I`ve been to that gun show a few times and never liked it much. I just went to Midwest Shooters and carried into the store. The sales person was showing me a holster and I pulled my pistol out to check fit. It was business as usual for them.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

  15. #2925
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,403
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbang View Post
    I`ve been to that gun show a few times and never liked it much. I just went to Midwest Shooters and carried into the store. The sales person was showing me a holster and I pulled my pistol out to check fit. It was business as usual for them.
    Thanks for the tip I check them out that is a place I have never been.

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

after the wisconsin doj cashes your check when will i get my ccw permit
,

where is my ccw wi

,

where is my wisconsin ccw permit

,
wi concealed carry
,
wisconsin ccw permit processing time
,

wisconsin ccw permit time

,

wisconsin ccw permit turn around time

,

wisconsin ccw time

,
wisconsin ccw turnaround
,
wisconsin concealed carry
,
wisconsin concealed carry wait time
,

wisconsin defensive carry forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.