Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat Roman4 What do you mean by 52 days since updated? I sent my app in nov 1st. They returned nov 21st ...

Page 197 of 296 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

  1. #2941
    Member Array Romanr4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenosha
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Roman4 What do you mean by 52 days since updated?
    I sent my app in nov 1st. They returned nov 21st I apparently x'd that I was a wi resident and a mark in the not wi resident. So I resubmitted on the 23rd so now I'm sitting well into the 50's really frustrated.
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

    SIG P220ST


    Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2942
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanr4 View Post
    I sent my app in nov 1st. They returned nov 21st I apparently x'd that I was a wi resident and a mark in the not wi resident. So I resubmitted on the 23rd so now I'm sitting well into the 50's really frustrated.
    Maybe you should get a copy of the canceled check and reapply. Send a copy of the canceled check in leau of the $50.00 since you already paid them.
    If I still have a glitch in my address concern that is what I am going to do.
    We are in the same boat. I am not happy having to wait this long but I am trying to deal with it. this thread has helped me alot and I am very happy for those who got theirs and I have some hope when I see them process the Dec apps in a matter of weeks.

  4. #2943
    Senior Member Array WD54241's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lake shore N.E. W.I.
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Maybe you should get a copy of the canceled check and reapply. Send a copy of the canceled check in leau of the $50.00 since you already paid them.
    If I still have a glitch in my address concern that is what I am going to do.
    We are in the same boat. I am not happy having to wait this long but I am trying to deal with it. this thread has helped me alot and I am very happy for those who got theirs and I have some hope when I see them process the Dec apps in a matter of weeks.
    If the DOJ see's that he filed 2 applications he could be in a world of trouble! Not worth it. As it stands his application he resubmitted went to a different source. I'd be mighty hot about that as well!
    bandrich likes this.

  5. #2944
    Member Array Romanr4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenosha
    Posts
    122
    I will be filing for an investigation into my app tomorrow if not in the mailbox... I called at day 46 and they told me that my app date range would be printed this past week and if I didn't have it by Tuesday to file for the investigation. I should have just filed then I probably would have it now... I should have just waited the 10 days til Dec 1st to re apply but I like most thought it was first come first serve basis... I too am glad they are pumping out Dec apps I just wish it wasn't at the cost of Nov apps... I have gotten 5 family members to apply all have applied in mid December and all have their permits for a week or two. They have all been giving me crap about it lol.
    MrBuckwheat and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

    SIG P220ST


    Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

  6. #2945
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    If the DOJ see's that he filed 2 applications he could be in a world of trouble! Not worth it. As it stands his application he resubmitted went to a different source. I'd be mighty hot about that as well!
    OK! well maybe since they are getting up to speed they will get around to them!
    Side not: I talked to an instructor who told me a lot of applications had the same address issues as mine. I hope people will read this and learn from it and avoid my frustrations. the DOT web address to update your address is http://www.dot.wisconsin/gov/drivers...ss/-change.htm

  7. #2946
    Member Array Romanr4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenosha
    Posts
    122
    I am Active Duty Navy, my home of record was my parents house but I own a house in Kenosha that I currently live at. The DMV had my parents address as home of record even though my license had my current address, I changed it on the website you posted the day after I sent my permit the 1st time. So you don't have change before your app is sent in, so even if they have your app you can still change before they run your background check.
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

    SIG P220ST


    Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

  8. #2947
    Senior Member Array bandrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    S.E. Wisconsin
    Posts
    784
    Attached is an article from today's newspaper.


    Volume of concealed-gun permits swamps Wisconsin agency - JSOnline
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and Remington 12 gauge.

  9. #2948
    New Member Array PaEGaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by PaEGaN View Post
    Mine was sent in Nov. 12
    Check cashed Nov. 25
    Spoke with them today and was told mine was due out Jan. 6th but they are 5 days behind. She did confirm mine has not been sent out yet but I should expect it in a week and a half.
    Dept of Justice. 608 266 1221
    Mine finally showed up Saturday.
    51xxx
    MrMeanor, THEONLYGHOST and jrclen like this.

  10. #2949
    Senior Member Array Ramjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NE Wisconsin
    Posts
    601
    Congrats be safe, train every day and be aware.

  11. #2950
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanr4 View Post
    I am Active Duty Navy, my home of record was my parents house but I own a house in Kenosha that I currently live at. The DMV had my parents address as home of record even though my license had my current address, I changed it on the website you posted the day after I sent my permit the 1st time. So you don't have change before your app is sent in, so even if they have your app you can still change before they run your background check.
    I agree, make sure your address on record with DMV is up todate or matches your application address before they run the process of background checks. Mine was the same for the last 13 years. That is why I am so mad at the DMV for changing it when I purchased a business vehicle. I have been breaking the law since my truck purchase when DMV changed it. I am thankful the DOJ is so understanding and is allowing me to correct it. Hope they come soon!

  12. #2951
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanr4 View Post
    I will be filing for an investigation into my app tomorrow if not in the mailbox... I called at day 46 and they told me that my app date range would be printed this past week and if I didn't have it by Tuesday to file for the investigation. I should have just filed then I probably would have it now... I should have just waited the 10 days til Dec 1st to re apply but I like most thought it was first come first serve basis... I too am glad they are pumping out Dec apps I just wish it wasn't at the cost of Nov apps... I have gotten 5 family members to apply all have applied in mid December and all have their permits for a week or two. They have all been giving me crap about it lol.
    Roman4 Can you explain the procedure to file for the investigation? Sorry your family members are giving you the business. I am on the same end of it.

  13. #2952
    Member Array Romanr4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenosha
    Posts
    122
    I don't know the entire process, I'm hoping I don't have to, the lady told me to call back I'm assuming the same office to start it. I'll have to do some research to see if I can find out for sure. Anybody have to file for a investigation into your app here?
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

    SIG P220ST


    Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

  14. #2953
    Member Array THEONLYGHOST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Madison WI
    Posts
    64
    I did the dmv address change online even thou I was pretty sure they had it correct. Its free and I figured better safe than sorry, took a whole 20 seconds and then I was positive there would be no issues.

    Change your residence address - Wisconsin Department of Transportation <-- just in case anybody needs the link for DMV address changes.

  15. #2954
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,231
    There should be a few in the mail tomorrow .
    Talk to a friend and sign them up the 71,000 mailed in so far are less tha half what we need.

  16. #2955
    New Member Array Alivefive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis
    Posts
    11

    Cool Hell yeah

    Sent Nov 20
    Checked cleared Nov 30
    Issued Jan 10
    Received Friday the 13

    Any suggestions for a holster
    For wearing at the 3 oclock position
    For a glock 19 and 26????
    MrBuckwheat and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

after the wisconsin doj cashes your check when will i get my ccw permit
,

where is my ccw wi

,

where is my wisconsin ccw permit

,
wisconsin ccw permit processing time
,

wisconsin ccw permit time

,

wisconsin ccw permit turn around time

,

wisconsin ccw time

,
wisconsin ccw turnaround
,
wisconsin concealed carry
,
wisconsin concealed carry permit waiting time
,
wisconsin concealed carry wait time
,

wisconsin defensive carry forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.