Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 2

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My check cleared today, but no permit in the mail...are the permits nice like a driver's license or just thin laminated paper?...

Page 2 of 297 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

My check cleared today, but no permit in the mail...are the permits nice like a driver's license or just thin laminated paper?
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

The cards feel exactly like a drivers license, but the cards are plain white plastic with a laminate coating with very minimal lettering, with a round 3/4" DOJ logo on the left where a picture would be. The back of the permit has a large paragraph about Address Change Requirements and penalties, and the WDOJ address. Very generic looking cards. My old library card looks more important. $50 value? I don't think so. $1.50 at the most!

Quote Originally Posted by pistoldoctor View Post
    The cards feel exactly like a drivers license, but the cards are plain white plastic with a laminate coating with very minimal lettering, with a round 3/4" DOJ logo on the left where a picture would be. The back of the permit has a large paragraph about Address Change Requirements and penalties, and the WDOJ address. Very generic looking cards. My old library card looks more important. $50 value? I don't think so. $1.50 at the most!
    They don't even have an "official signature"....how legit are they?

Dropped mine off at a post office prior to 0600 on 11/1 (standard mail). Check cleared yesterday 11/8. Sounds like I won't have long to wait now.

My license number is just over 1300! Got it in the mail today! I want to carry it, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong since it hasn't been allowed before :)
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    still waiting here. sent it on the 1st no lic and check not yet deposited either sighhhh....
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I am still waiting too, but my bags are usually the last ones to the baggage carousel.

My license number is just over 1500 and I received mine yesterday the 8th. My dad sent his application in the same envelope, and he still didn't receive his permit. Another day passed and neither one of our checks have been cashed either, and I already received my permit!

Mine didn't go out until 11/2. I'm such a slacker, probably won't get it until xmas. ;)

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    You know, I've passed the Minnesota requirements and background search two times already. Still can't get comfortable with this process when civil servants are running the ship. Always feel like if anything could possibly go wrong it will for me Sighhh
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Still waiting as well. Nothing in the mail, and the check has not cleared the bank yet.

Got mine in the mail today! They deposited my check on the 7th. Not too bad. Only 9 days. I agree with some of the previous posts, there is not much too the actual license.

Got mine yesterday! Permit numbers are 1800+.

I guess this means defensivecarry.com will be getting a bunch of new members over the next few weeks.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Sounds to me that they are making an effort to get this done expiditiously. Good for them.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Links