Defensive Carry banner

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

461K views 4K replies 397 participants last post by  sdprof 
#1 ·
I know this is day one for submitting applications, but why not start a thread to see just how long WI takes to review, background check, and issue CCW permits. If you get ANY action, post it, and keep it going to the top. Wisconsin, boldly going where only 48 other states have gone before!

#865 ·
anyone that knows the rules of CCW permit holders said:
My wife home alone with her first born baby shot man climbing thru the window of the apartment with a 375 Mag. She was aiming for a spot between his legs bit ended up removing his knee. He was unarmed but on parole for multiple rapes, assault, burglary, etc. If she would not have had a gun and used it it would have gone very bad. She called 911 first warned the man 2nd and shot 3rd. Police showed up about 30 min later. In your case by your reasoning they would have been cleaning up the leftovers from you and your child instead of the body parts from the BG. So even tho I understand your position we choose our lives over that of the BG that wish to do us harm. Your position will probably get you to heaven but it could get you there much sooner than you would like.

Reactions: WD54241
#876 ·
2001 prior to my wedding back in Jersey I was in bed and my neighbor down the block who I really didnt know was drunk as a skunk, enterd my back door thinking it was his house stumbled around and I heard his voice. dead ringer to my buddy's voice! I figured his wife tossed him out for the night. Told him to be quiet hit the couch, this guy got undressed and came in my room thinking he was in his bedroom! I turned the lite on this guy is as naked as the day he was born! scared the **** out of me !! I can tell you from first hand exp even a drunk knows the sound of a shotgun being pumped ran like hell down the block naked as a jay bird! cops returned his clothing and wallet!

#904 ·
My friend received his on Saturday and I believe his number was in the 23,000nds. Him and I have been commiserating since Nov 16th when our checks cleared. Unfortunately now I'm the only one left out of my group of friends.

However, I was in Madison this past weekend in the shadows of the DOJ and should have made a stop in. However, with the schedule I had, there was no time to do so. Especially since I was hoping I had an early Christmas present in the mail box.

Today is a new day, so hopefully it will be here.

#906 ·
I have been following this thread with interest so decided to post my stats;

My wife and I sent our applications in complete with affidavits of course completion via registered mail return receipt requested.

Sent November 2nd
The letter was signed for via stamp by Steven Bernard's on November 7 th.
Our checks cleared on November 18th. Both of them.
My wife received her permit on the 1st of December.
It was post marked November 29th.

As of today I have not received anything.

I might add I have purchased at least 13 handguns in the last year and have gone through within minutes the last one I purchased was last week.

It is appearing this is typical Gov operation as on the 15th of Novmeber the DOJ asked for funding to hire more full time and some part time workers. Yup 15 days into this they decide they are overwhelmed. And the approval from the Leg. Cannot even come until the this week. Then they have to train etc. I am and have been staunch supporter of Walker and Van Hollen but they are not in my favor right now as the planning for this was horrible to say the least. Disorganized is an understatement poor planning. In private business heads would roll if the business didn't fail first.

So with many others I am waiting for tomorrow.

#922 ·
I agree with walker on cc but not much else. So i did sign a recall petition. We do need a balance budget but its not fair to take money out of the hard working state emplyees pockets. Yes some do take advantage and are overpaid. Target them not the hard workers making a small wage. So thanks for cc walker its about time but now i cant afford to go anywhere.

#924 ·
We do need a balance budget but its not fair to take money out of the hard working state emplyees pockets. Yes some do take advantage and are overpaid. Target them not the hard workers making a small wage.
Here we go again.... You can't please everyone. I'm pleased with Governor Scott Walker's job and congrat him for making the hard decisions needed to put our state back on the playing field. I don't believe that asking employees to contribute to their own retirement package and health care is grounds to say their money is being taken away. Again these departments asked for such sweet benefits that even I can't begin to dream of having. When that is the case and costs are on the rise, your income source (tax payers) are strapped. You have no choice, but to trim some fat.

And this whole
Target them not the hard workers making a small wage
is the same child cry I hear. George Carlin said it best about prisons. Everyone says we need more prisons. Our prisons are over populated. But no one wants a prison in their backyard. You alandh have the "Not in my back yard" syndrome. You acknowledge there's a issue, but when someone makes the effort to do something about it you cry at the top of your lungs "NOT IN MY BACKYARD!!!!!!!"

Shame!

#923 ·
Recall is stupid democrats do not have a candidate not to worry. It's
like a dog chasing a car if he catches it he does not know what to do with it.
Liberal Dem Govenor will try and repeal this law no doubt about it.

One thing about this thread is that I can feel pretty confident that some liberal anti-gun person didn't throw my application away.......well unless they threw allot of them away. We are all in the same boat just caught up in quagmire of Goverment oversite and inefficiency.

#932 ·
You should trace back your family tree and see how many in there where born with a silver spoon. This country was formed on hard working people (union jobs) not 1%. Your SW is trying to destroy the middle class. IF You can sit there and tell me that what is happening in Madison makes any sense. Passing bill that doesn't allow people to protest or rally on government- That Freedom of speech. Get real Keep buying overseas and when the pick slip is in your mailbox come crawling back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.