Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I called it. My wife's came first. It came today. Nothing for me....

Page 20 of 297 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

I called it. My wife's came first. It came today. Nothing for me.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by THEONLYGHOST View Post
    So I am still watching the mail like all the rest , Congrats to those who have gotten there's I am hoping by my b-day (Dec 4th) I will get mine. anyway I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good holster for a Ruger P95 I figured out a couple other ways to cc it but would prefer a good holster the only downside I have for my search is I have an under barrel mounted laser works grate just a bit large for my old holster. as for bulk im a bigger guy so no issues there. so far I found a pouch that works grate no impressions from the gun, but again it holds a bit loose on my gun would rather have it a bit more snug in its holster.
    Try Crossbreed Holsters just let them know you have the laser

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    Try Crossbreed Holsters just let them know you have the laser
    Crossbreed is awesome, but from my experience they won't deviate from their current molds to make a new one. I even offered to send my laser in to get molded to a M&P 40 model.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    Crossbreed is awesome, but from my experience they won't deviate from their current molds to make a new one. I even offered to send my laser in to get molded to a M&P 40 model.
    I got the mini tuck for my Sig .380, should get that next week.

Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    I got the mini tuck for my Sig .380, should get that next week.
    Was it already a supplied mold on their website or did they have to make one for your gun before they made the holster for you?
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    Was it already a supplied mold on their website or did they have to make one for your gun before they made the holster for you?
    It was one that was already available for the Sig P238 with the Crimson Trace trigger guard laser.

After my wife got her permit on the 25th.(of course mine did not come yet) we put one of our handguns in her purse and went to Wausau shopping. One place had a no guns sign up but the others did not. We waltzed into Gander mountain and pulled the gun from the purse and asked the guy behind the counter if he could help us find a IWB holster for it for me. No one around us even blinked as she pulled it out not in a case. Isn't that the way it should be every where!!!!! She said she felt naughty for awhile but soon got over it. Can't wait to have my naughty feeling.

Little late, sorry guys, but mine did not come Saturday so im hoping today....
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Nothing yet

Mailed the 3rd
    Check cleared the 17th

no permit...

Anybodys check clear the 17th, and have their permit yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by califr View Post
    Mailed the 3rd
    Check cleared the 17th

no permit...

Mailed mine on the 3rd check cleared on the15th no permit
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

pps
    It seeem like lot of women re getting them first, and people that did not anything show up on an initial background check..I called DOJ and they mentioned that some have to be dabbled into further...which does not sound like your normal background check..

Chris I sent mine Nov 1 in the same envelope as my wife's and 4 others and my wife and another woman got it, hell she had it last Tuesday nothing for me or anyone else in the group..

And I bet it don't come today...

As for background check i was kinda thinking the same, a co-worker and myself both are military, we both sent in DD-214. His on the first and they recieved it on the 3rd. Mine was sent on the 3rd. We both havent recieved anything and noth our checks were cashed on the 15. I was actually wondering if, with the back round checks, because we were military, they were trying to dig into that and see what our "backroumds" are in the military careers. He retired spent 20+years and left with honors. Me i am still current never been arrested, or involved in police investigations or anything. So i was thinking that they were going real "deep" into backrounds. And im thinking that the hang up might be paperwork or something from the army? Anybody else who used military cadentials have an opinion or info on this?

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    They can't possibly be doing these applications in the order they were received. I didn't send my application in until the 16th from the Fox Valley. The check cleared my bank today. That isn't even 2 weeks and that is with the holiday thrown in there. From following this thread I have noticed it is taking 2 weeks on average for checks to clear. I didn't expect to see my check to clear this soon. Hopefully I will have a permit within a week or so. I figured if I got my permit around Christmas I would be fortunate.

my stats are the same as Jerp's. Mailed on the 3rd, check cleared my bank on the 15th. Still waiting. I submitted a copy of my Hunter's Safety cert from 1975 with a clearly legible customer # so maybe they are verifying that it's real. I'm guessing that those who took a CCW class and had a recent signed certificate are getting their's a bit faster.

Links