Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 201

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Romanr4 No joy today... Maybe tomorrow Go gun or holster shopping and try not to think about it. Take it from me ...

Page 201 of 297 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanr4 View Post
    No joy today... Maybe tomorrow
    Go gun or holster shopping and try not to think about it. Take it from me it helps ( mine was 62 days start to finish ) gotta be any day now!

Sent 11-28
    Ck Cleared 12-6
    Still waiting

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ES335 View Post
    Sent 11-28
    Ck Cleared 12-6
    Still waiting
    Bummer! I don't know why they just don't get those Nov apps done!

Still waiting

Cashed check dec. 7 sent nov. 27 still no permit. How long should I wait before i call them?

[QUOTE=walker1847;2137753]Cashed check dec. 7 sent nov. 27 still no permit. How long should I wait before i call them?[/QUOT

I would wait for a while longer, they won't tell you much and they seem to be doing 4 to 5000 a week.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Go gun or holster shopping and try not to think about it. Take it from me it helps ( mine was 62 days start to finish ) gotta be any day now!
    I did just buy a max tuck from white hat holsters and a invisituck from American holster co so I am waitin for those too. I sent my app in on nov 1st originally so 2.5 months and counting
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by walker1847 View Post
    Cashed check dec. 7 sent nov. 27 still no permit. How long should I wait before i call them?
    To save your self the waste of time wait 23-25 days after check is cashed your past their admitted delay by then
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Nothing yet

Sent in app on Dec 21
    Check cleared Dec 28
    Nothing yet

But I have a common name-I wait 2 days when I buy a firearm because of it so I'm not surprised. It's OK-it'll get here

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Sent in app on Dec 21
    Check cleared Dec 28
    Nothing yet

But I have a common name-I wait 2 days when I buy a firearm because of it so I'm not surprised. It's OK-it'll get here
    ? everyone in Wisconsin waits 2 days for a hand gun
    Romanr4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbang View Post
    Midwest Shooters Supply Lomira,Wi. Hwy 41 and 67 Nice place and reasonable prices from what I`ve seen
    Thanks bigbang
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    ? everyone in Wisconsin waits 2 days for a hand gun
    I wait 2 days for every gun. Where in that 39 word post does it specify handgun?? Read, comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    I wait 2 days for every gun. Where in my post does it specify handgun?? Read, comprehend.
    Clarification for people who didn't read the post correctly - You wait 2 days on all firearms because you have a common name.

There is no wait in WI on long guns.
    Prentice likes this.

I know this is way off topic but thought this would be a good place to ask this question.... Does anyone know where kathleeb falk stands on gun rights and ccw? Thanks in advance.
    rokrok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alandh View Post
    I know this is way off topic but thought this would be a good place to ask this question.... Does anyone know where kathleeb falk stands on gun rights and ccw? Thanks in advance.
    Not good news, she is an ultra-liberal. Here is an clipping from 2005, the last time ccw was shot down:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gun Foes Ready for Fight (WI CC Bill)
    Madison.com ^ | September 30, 2005 | David Callendar
    Posted on Fri Sep 30 2005 16:54:14 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) by Diana in Wisconsin

(Concealed weapons bill is back in play)

Opponents today pledged to step up their efforts to halt a bill that would allow Wisconsin residents to legally carry concealed handguns.

"I think there will be more of an attempt to get in to talk to legislators and let them know that the vast majority of Wisconsinites don't support this," said Jeri Bonavia, head of the Milwaukee-based Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort.

Bonavia cited state polls that show an overwhelming majority of Wisconsin residents oppose legalizing carrying concealed weapons. Wisconsin is one of only a handful of states nationally that completely prohibit citizens from carrying concealed weapons.

Bonavia appeared with Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk, law enforcement officials and other groups at a hastily convened Capitol press conference this morning to counter the reintroduction of a bill that would legalize carrying concealed weapons.

A similar measure passed both houses of the Legislature last year but was vetoed by Gov. Jim Doyle. The Senate voted to override the veto, but the Assembly fell one vote short of doing so.

"Bottom line is that people will have the fundamental right to protect themselves and their loved ones," said Sen. Dave Zien, R-Wheaton, in a statement.

Rep. Scott Gunderson, R-Union Grove, argued that the state Supreme Court has opened the door to allowing so-called conceal carry, and "Wisconsin citizens are being deprived of a right that millions of other Americans are afforded."

Gunderson and Zien said the new bill would require the state Department of Justice, instead of local sheriffs, to issue permits to residents who pass a background check and complete required training.

Attorney General Peg Lautenschlager, who now heads the justice department, has opposed the bill in the past. Lautenschlager could not be reached for comment this morning.

Previous versions of the bill have been opposed by state law enforcement associations. When the idea was first floated in the 1990s, then-Gov. Tommy Thompson told Republican lawmakers that he didn't want the bill ever to cross his desk.

Gunderson said the bill would "level the playing field" between citizens and criminals by allowing women, the elderly and disabled to carry weapons.

But Patti Seger, head of the Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence, said that in most cases, when abused women have used firearms to defend themselves "they end up in prison convicted of homicide."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She claims she is an avid hunter and enjoys fishing, however her record in politics shows she votes otherwise. God save us.
    rokrok likes this.

Yup Madison ultra liberal backed by money of the big Unions. She gets in the CCW law will be repealed.

Sponsored Links