Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 204

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Would they object to "open carry"?...

Page 204 of 297 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Would they object to "open carry"?

Sent 11-28-11
    Ck cleared 12-6-11
    Issued 1-17-12
    Received 1-19-12
    # 584xx

Put on my Browning HP and went for my Wally Walk @ 9 below 0 F. My wife even let me carry a bullet in my shirt pocket.
    Yeah! Im bad.

WOW I am seeing lots of new permits going out so be safe and enjoy your long awaited right. lots of practice at the range is the best thing you can do but please always remember the 4 rules of gun safety at all times (1) Treat every firearm as if it is loaded, (2) Always point the muzzle in a safe direction, (3) Be certain of your target and what’s beyond it, (4) Keep your finger outside the trigger guard until ready to shoot. As I am sure everyone is already well aware of them it is one of those things that cant hurt to see a reminder from time to time.
    Colonel78, jrclen and FAST454 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ES335 View Post
    Sent 11-28-11
    Ck cleared 12-6-11
    Issued 1-17-12
    Received 1-19-12
    # 584xx

Put on my Browning HP and went for my Wally Walk @ 9 below 0 F. My wife even let me carry a bullet in my shirt pocket.
    Yeah! Im bad.
    Congratulations. And that's funny.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

HI

My check cleared dec 7 maybe I will get mine soon. Yours cleared dec 6 Can not wait till I can feel like the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel78 View Post
    congratulations to everyone who got there license and can anyone tell me why are we trying to get at least 200,000 before Nov. 2012
    The more permits that are issued will, hopefully, make it all that harder to repeal/water down the gun laws in Wisconsin. Heck, 2 million should do it.
    THEONLYGHOST and Colonel78 like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by rokrok View Post
    Would they object to "open carry"?
    Sadly Rokrok, police Chief Flynn [Milwaukee] seems not to like open carry. He has stated he will instruct his "troops" that if they see anyone carrying a gun to put them to the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether they have a right to carry it.

Yet, FBI data shows spike in U.S. firearm purchases in 2011
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80407P20120105
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Former serviceman Eddie Winters was at home in Columbus, Ga. when a burglar shattered a window trying to get into his home at around 2 a.m. Winters retrieved a 9mm pistol, followed the noise, and shot the criminal once in the groin, ending the attempted burglary.

Ledger-Enquirer.com | 01/17/2012 | Update: Columbus police say homeowner's shooting alleged intruder likely justified

Ledger-Enquirer.com | 01/18/2012 | Columbus homeowner who shot would-be burglar likely to face no charges

Ledger-Enquirer.com | 01/18/2012 | Police: Self-defense shooting thwarts burglary, appears legal
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

VIP Member
    My friend has not received his! Sent in about a week after mine (He mailed around November25th) Looks the the very late Nov ones are still coming. They are really behind on those. I will call him today and ask him what day the check cleared and give you an update. For his id protection I will call him Fred!

I hope Fred gets his permit today and I hope the number is over 70k
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Finally got mine yesterday!!!

Mailed- 12/3/11
    Check cashed- 12/30/11
    Received- 1/19/12
    THEONLYGHOST and Crowman like this.

Nova63 what was the first three numbers of your CCL? Are you over the 70K mark?
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    The more permits that are issued will, hopefully, make it all that harder to repeal/water down the gun laws in Wisconsin. Heck, 2 million should do it.
    I agree, but sadly with the "Nanny State Mentality" and years of liberal revisionist history being pumped into our children's heads, this is a battle that will take in all probability a generation to overcome if it's even able to be saved!? I think there will be a heck of a battle within W.I. funded and supported by outside influences. Even if we should win the enemy won't go quietly into the night they will simply regroup and attack our rights through our children's education or should I say indoctrination. I doubt very much if the schools today even discuss the 2nd amendment in a constructive meaningful manner leaving there own opinions aside and teach what exactly our founding fathers were trying to tell us. That would be counter productive to there idea of utopia! My 2nd grade son was taught the pledge of allegiance by my wife and I, he is not allowed to say it in class for fear of alienating someone or hurting someones feelings!! So what makes me think they are going to teach the constitution and the very core values for which this country was founded upon??? Sorry for the Rant..

Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    Nova63 what was the first three numbers of your CCL? Are you over the 70K mark?
    Sorry that I left that out. #554xx
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Sponsored Links