Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 205

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ruruspears Now I have a question about carrying: The letter I received with my permit says that "To lawfully carry a concealed ...

Page 205 of 297 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by ruruspears View Post
    Now I have a question about carrying:
    The letter I received with my permit says that "To lawfully carry a concealed weapon, you must have with you this license and your photographic Wisconsin drivers license or identification card."
    My DL is up for renewal, and Wisconsins new policy is to issue a paper receipt while the DL is printed in California. It can take up to 10 days to receive the DL in the mail.
    Does this mean I'm not legal while I'm waiting on my new DL?

You would still have your current license, no? There's no reason for them to take the DL that is in your pocket if they are not handing you a new one at that same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ruruspears View Post
    Now I have a question about carrying:
    The letter I received with my permit says that "To lawfully carry a concealed weapon, you must have with you this license and your photographic Wisconsin drivers license or identification card."
    My DL is up for renewal, and Wisconsins new policy is to issue a paper receipt while the DL is printed in California. It can take up to 10 days to receive the DL in the mail.
    Does this mean I'm not legal while I'm waiting on my new DL?
    I just went through this. They will issue you a temporary photo id consisting of an 8.5 X 11 printout with your license info on it and you'll retain your expired license as well. The temp is good for 2~3 weeks (I left it in the car, so I can't say which) with instructions to follow if your permanent ID doesn't show up. I got mine in the mail in a week (funny my WI Drivers License was issued 17 days before my CCL and it will expire a year and a half earlier).

Stay safe,
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    Maine CCP
    New Hampshire CCL
    Massachusetts CCL
    Wisconsin CCL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ES335 View Post
    Sent 11-28-11
    Ck cleared 12-6-11
    Issued 1-17-12
    Received 1-19-12
    # 584xx

Put on my Browning HP and went for my Wally Walk @ 9 below 0 F. My wife even let me carry a bullet in my shirt pocket.
    Yeah! Im bad.
    Congrats Barney, careful with that bullet!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Congrats Barney, careful with that bullet!
    Yessir I'll keep that pocket buttoned!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

VIP Member
    I hope "Fred" gets his in the mail today. Going to the range with him this weekend. Don't want "that" conversation.

Quick question to anyone willing to answer.

Has anyone that you know applied for a permit even though they don't own firearms? simply because it's there constitutional right to have one?

I know the folks over in merry old England are envious!

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Quick question to anyone willing to answer.

Has anyone that you know applied for a permit even though they don't own firearms? simply because it's there constitutional right to have one?

I know the folks over in merry old England are envious!
    My girlfriend eventually wants to get a gun however when she get the money together she intends to get her ccw permit long before she gets a gun, she is doing so because it is her right and also she wants to get an air taser.
    WD54241 and mjb65 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by THEONLYGHOST View Post
    My girlfriend eventually wants to get a gun however when she get the money together she intends to get her ccw permit long before she gets a gun, she is doing so because it is her right and also she wants to get an air taser.
    The only reason I tossed that question out there is because it's a right that a good portion of the world does not enjoy. Your girlfriend sounds as if she has her head on straight. She's a keeper.
    THEONLYGHOST and mjb65 like this.

VIP Member
    I know a couple guys who don't own guns and are considering. ( I hate to admit that ) the hang up seems to be the classes, they question if they belong in the class. I told them YES they do and should. I also have been trying to get them out to the range with me or to purchase a firearm. So far I got one teacher friend of mine to purchase a Kimber 45. he loves it and his lefty wife hates it. He doesn't have access to his balls so I can't get him to get a ccw. But I taught him how to shoot and all of the other proper things one must do with ownership. He will come around some time and I am proud of him.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

VIP Member
    No permit for Fred yet!! bummer now I will have to talk about it on the way to the range this weekend.

My wife wants to get her permit.. She has shot handguns and enjoys it. I need to find her one she feels good about. So far she like my LCP. Even though I have my permit, I will take a class with her. It just seems like the right thing to do.
    THEONLYGHOST and WD54241 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KeythL View Post
    I just went through this. They will issue you a temporary photo id consisting of an 8.5 X 11 printout with your license info on it and you'll retain your expired license as well. The temp is good for 2~3 weeks (I left it in the car, so I can't say which) with instructions to follow if your permanent ID doesn't show up. I got mine in the mail in a week (funny my WI Drivers License was issued 17 days before my CCL and it will expire a year and a half earlier).

Stay safe,
    Glad to hear that's how they're doing it. I was afraid that after the long 2 month wait, I'd have to wait some more - like getting a new bike for Christmas and the weather is too bad to ride it!

Congrats to all who have gotten theirs!

Got it today59xxx long wait but worth it. sent 11-27 check cashed 12-7 issued 1-18 got it 1-20

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    The only reason I tossed that question out there is because it's a right that a good portion of the world does not enjoy. Your girlfriend sounds as if she has her head on straight. She's a keeper.
    Thank you yeah she is, I love to bring her to the range to go shooting. My Ruger is a big large for her hands but she can shoot it and does enjoy doing so. In fact the pic attached to this is my gun with her shooting it. I have been trying to get all of my friends to get there ccw if not for a gun a taser and if not for a taser a knife, ether way I have to agree the more people who get there's the better.
    rstanek likes this.

congrats and be safe to all the new permit holders. and to those of you still waiting It is coming slowly but shurly don't lose faith.

Sponsored Links