Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; M1 Garand rifle Firearms will be sold to Korean War veterans US allows import of 86,000 M1 rifles from Korea - The Tree Of Liberty...

Page 206 of 296 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4431
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

M1 Garand rifle

Firearms will be sold to Korean War veterans
    US allows import of 86,000 M1 rifles from Korea - The Tree Of Liberty
    WD54241 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Just read another thread a guy in Oshkosh with a permit got locked up last night for pulling his gun and pointed at a person who was drunk and fell against the permit holders car. So it has begun, The Anti Gun groups are going to eat this up! I hope the guy enjoyed his permit, cause he can kiss it goodbye. And rightfully so...

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Just read another thread a guy in Oshkosh with a permit got locked up last night for pulling his gun and pointed at a person who was drunk and fell against the permit holders car. So it has begun, The Anti Gun groups are going to eat this up! I hope the guy enjoyed his permit, cause he can kiss it goodbye. And rightfully so...
    Just what we need from this knucklehead. You can just hear all the lefty anti-gunners out there, "see, see, we told you so." The media will do all they can to report stories like this to cast all of us in a bad light but the time there is someone is who saved from harm by a CCW permit holder, it will be ignored by the same media because it will not fit into their agenda.

We have to wait and see what he is charged with if anything. He may have been justified. Many LEO have made it clear they will arrest you no madder what.
    He did not fire it .

Quick question to anyone willing to answer.

Has anyone that you know applied for a permit even though they don't own firearms? simply because it's there constitutional right to have one?

I know the folks over in merry old England are envious!
    I know of two that have done so with out owning one yet.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    We have to wait and see what he is charged with if anything. He may have been justified. Many LEO have made it clear they will arrest you no madder what.
    He did not fire it .
    "He may have been justified"??? *** are you thinking? A drunk falling against your car is not a life threatening situation!!! This is just what the any gun freaks are going for!!! He should get charged, and get his permit revoked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinemere View Post
    "He may have been justified"??? *** are you thinking? A drunk falling against your car is not a life threatening situation!!! This is just what the any gun freaks are going for!!! He should get charged, and get his permit revoked!!!
    Often with things like this you may not have heard the whole story. Many have been beat pretty bad by drunks. All I am saying is it is hard to pass judgment based on what has been posted. Was the Drunk 6'4 and 250 pound was the one that pulled the weapon 5'3" and 90 pounds. More information and facts are needed.
    Appleton Police Chief made it clear no madder what the reason he would lock you up and he is not the only one to have made that statement.

Has anyone that you know applied for a permit even though they don't own firearms? simply because it's there constitutional right to have one?

I applied for, and was issued a permit, without owning any firearm.

Nothing on the application or in the class implied that I had to own a firearm.

May have missed it have we reached the 60k range? Good luck to those still waiting. It's worth the wait
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

I know two women who received their permits without owning a firearm. One in Superior has a stun gun, and the other lady in Chippewa Falls has a billy club in her car, and mace in her purse. She admitted to me she has carried both for a long time not knowing it was illegal until she heard about concealed carry getting passed! . One is considering a handgun, but is waiting for a class to open up at the sportsman's club, she has hunter's safety, but never used a handgun.
    THEONLYGHOST and Crowman like this.

My 77 year old Dad and 73 year old Mom sent their apps. They own firearms but most likely will not carry. It is a matter of constitutional right in their eyes.
    THEONLYGHOST and Crowman like this.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

please to everyone who has a permit, and is getting one this is a big responsibility, so do what you got to do fallow the rules even the ones we don't agree with. any screw ups can and will mess this up for everyone. I do because I don't want to lose my right to keep and bear arms.
    rstanek likes this.

The news article was brief and gives no real details...
    Man arrested in Oshkosh after pointing loaded pistol at another person | The Oshkosh Northwestern | thenorthwestern.com
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

My wife is applying... No real intention of ever carrying but I plan on getting her a hammerless revolver for a purse/bag gun as she is a photographer who goes to new clients houses from time to time without meeting first. I usually go with her but now will be moving to first shift and she needs to be able to protect herself if need be. Great thing is she "LOVES" shooting almost as much as me.
    Crowman and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

I am not saying we should not be vigilant in protecting our 2nd amendment rights and our recent right to carry. However we should not "knee jerk" and go bananas over things.

48 states have already had some type of carry laws. Some for years. I am sure those that oppose carrying weapons have/are trying to either repeal/water down the law is those states also. More than likely the other states have had none favorable incidents concerning those that have a permit to carry. As far as I can see they weather the storms in those states. Much of the "fear" anti gun people have is the fear of the criminal element. So they "knee jerk" in demanding anti gun laws. Many such laws are already on the books in the federal/state sector to no avail since criminals care less about any laws. But their fear of criminals clouds there common sense that no anti gun laws will solve the problem of criminals obtaining and carrying firearms. Case in point, all the laws they have concerning illegal drugs. How's that working out for America. We can also look back in history and see the results of the classic anti law, prohibition of alcohol.

There is no way everyone with a permit to carry will follow everything that is required. Hopefully incidents in Wisconsin will be at a minimum. All we can do individually is not do anything that will jeopardize the law and our right to have our permit.

Keep in mind, when concealed carry came up in our legislative body it passed due to a BI_PARTISAN vote. This not to say we should be lax in our effort to keep the law as is and to make it even better.

Links