Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 207

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Crowman The news article was brief and gives no real details... Man arrested in Oshkosh after pointing loaded pistol at another person ...

Page 207 of 297 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Hopefully the article stays, short, brief, and no real details. With a lot of luck, maby it will become nothing more than an oddball occurance and the story will be burried with little public notice. Their will obviously be the ocasional nit-wit tossing a bone to the anti-gunners now and again. These occurances will become statistics which will be used against us. That is why it is important for the rest of us (what I mean by the rest of us is those of us who have both hemisopheres of our brains working properly) to be on our best behavior. We need to make the benificial statistics stand out as incredible. Keep the guns locked up from your kids, use your firearm safety training, check and recheck them safetys (a public accidental discharge would be a catastrophy), learn and understand the state laws. If the article was properly reported his cc license should be revolked and he should serve a brief sit in the local jail. I hope this will be a extreamly rair occurance, I just cant imagine the average guy carrying with a permit will be pulling the steel every time someone rolles their eyes at him. To me carrying isnt a privlige, it is a responsibility, and it is a responsibility that I do not take lightly. Stay vigilant with safety and do not get lax or let your guard down on your principals. And I know all of you guys (and girls) obviously feel the same about this responsibility, your visiting the Defensive Carry forums is a testament to your convictions. Lets just hope that our numbers totally dwarf the village idiots numbers.
    ES335 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    Miracles happen, not in opposition to Nature,
    but in opposition to what we know of Nature.

St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Romanr4 View Post
    My wife is applying... No real intention of ever carrying but I plan on getting her a hammerless revolver for a purse/bag gun as she is a photographer who goes to new clients houses from time to time without meeting first. I usually go with her but now will be moving to first shift and she needs to be able to protect herself if need be. Great thing is she "LOVES" shooting almost as much as me.

Romanr4 and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Romanr4

Check out the S&W 638 "shrouded" hammer. It is sa/da. It looks just like the Taurus 851 above. It is in the airweight series. Your wife will love it. You can shoot Plus P 38 spec in it.
    Please purchase the American made if possible.
    Romanr4 likes this.

VIP Member
    Hope "Fred" gets his permit today. Going to see him on Sunday. Since packers lost we are going shooting and not going to watch football.
    But I want it to be a happy day not a day of wondering where his permit is. He sent Late November about a week after I did. I don't know why he did not wait till Dec 1. But we were told at the time first come first serve.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

My wife sent her application on November 28th, and her check was cashed December 6th. She is still waiting for a permit. She talked with someone at the DOJ yesterday and they told her wait another two weeks and she should have it by then. If not, then to call them back and they would look into it then. She is not very happy with the 50+ day wait and lack of accountability at the DOJ.

I'm at day 75 and still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Hopefully the article stays, short, brief, and no real details. With a lot of luck, maby it will become nothing more than an oddball occurance and the story will be burried with little public notice. Their will obviously be the ocasional nit-wit tossing a bone to the anti-gunners now and again. These occurances will become statistics which will be used against us. That is why it is important for the rest of us (what I mean by the rest of us is those of us who have both hemisopheres of our brains working properly) to be on our best behavior. We need to make the benificial statistics stand out as incredible. Keep the guns locked up from your kids, use your firearm safety training, check and recheck them safetys (a public accidental discharge would be a catastrophy), learn and understand the state laws. If the article was properly reported his cc license should be revolked and he should serve a brief sit in the local jail. I hope this will be a extreamly rair occurance, I just cant imagine the average guy carrying with a permit will be pulling the steel every time someone rolles their eyes at him. To me carrying isnt a privlige, it is a responsibility, and it is a responsibility that I do not take lightly. Stay vigilant with safety and do not get lax or let your guard down on your principals. And I know all of you guys (and girls) obviously feel the same about this responsibility, your visiting the Defensive Carry forums is a testament to your convictions. Lets just hope that our numbers totally dwarf the village idiots numbers.
    I'm wondering if this guy had been drinking as well? Granted the article was poorly written. If not mistaken it sounded as if the guy left the scene as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I'm wondering if this guy had been drinking as well? Granted the article was poorly written. If not mistaken it sounded as if the guy left the scene as well.
    Examples of the whole story. Milwaukee reported the 6th murder for the year a while back, a lot of press and end of the world stuff. Turns out it was a justified shooting.
    All links to the murder articles are gone and almost no reporting of it being a justified shooting.
    Saturday that means mail I hope many of you that have been waiting get your license today .
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I didnt see that article yet. Dosnt suprise me though. The real grade A idiots generly dont have random acts of stupidity, they go all in and realy give us a proformance.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by presa_dad View Post
    My wife sent her application on November 28th, and her check was cashed December 6th. She is still waiting for a permit. She talked with someone at the DOJ yesterday and they told her wait another two weeks and she should have it by then. If not, then to call them back and they would look into it then. She is not very happy with the 50+ day wait and lack of accountability at the DOJ.

If your at day 75 and she is over day 50, you should call and talk with Sarah from the CCW dept. I was at day 55 and she really helped. The lady i first talked to told me to just wait also but if you make a little stink about it she will transfer you to Sarah who is really nice and helpful. That is ridiculous, day 75!!!!
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

Anyway, has the turn-around time on permits improved at all WD54241? Thought Id check and see if the DOJ did anything to improve their proformance? If not id suspect riots and protests in the streets by now I guess? I suspect things must have improved?

Never mind. Just found the post rite above me here. Situation normal.

St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by presa_dad View Post

hydraulic1 and myself along with you have the same opening stats. He reportedly received his on 1-17-12 #52000 and I received mine 1-19-12 #58xxx.
    I called them on 1-19-12, AM, and got the same song and dance you did, then came home to find that unobtrusive 8x10 envelope with my plastic card inside.
    You are a short timer now! It gets real intense at the very end!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post

Fleet Farm has a couple of those your looking at at real nice sale price right now
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanr4 View Post
    If your at day 75 and she is over day 50, you should call and talk with Sarah from the CCW dept. I was at day 55 and she really helped. The lady i first talked to told me to just wait also but if you make a little stink about it she will transfer you to Sarah who is really nice and helpful. That is ridiculous, day 75!!!!
    It is ridiculous. I got a denial letter on Christmas Eve and had to submit finger prints. I hand delivered them and my appeal form to the AG's office as soon as they opened up after Christmas. After waiting two weeks, I called and spoke with Sarah who told me since I had to submit finger prints for them to figure out why I was denied that "it would be a very long process" and they have 30 days to sort it out. I told her that I was confused as to why I was denied since I bought guns recently before and a week after being denied and passed the background check without any delays. "That's interesting" was the response I got. They have 5 days left on the 30 days since I delivered my appeal, hopefully I will finally have my permit by the end of next week.

Unfortunately the DOJ doesn't give a I.Q. test when they hand out the permits. Hopefully the stupid will be weeded out early and the responsible permit holders can exercise there rights without scrutiny.
    ES335 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeetz View Post
    Anyway, has the turn-around time on permits improved at all WD54241? Thought Id check and see if the DOJ did anything to improve their proformance? If not id suspect riots and protests in the streets by now I guess? I suspect things must have improved?

Never mind. Just found the post rite above me here. Situation normal.
    I'd have to say being completely honest, yes and no. Those who filed earlier seem to be getting there permits much slower than those filed after 12/3. Having to wait 70+ days only to be told wait another 2 weeks is completely unacceptable! I'd raise holy he** ! They got you over a barrel! No punishment for exceeding the time allowed by law, toothless law. The only option would be to contact your State Representative and make as big a stink as one can! The DOJ evidently does not answer to the citizens! but they have to respond to the Representatives.

I'm thinking that they screwed up on some applications, and shuffled the paperwork. That would explain the slowness. I also think with the ill prepared start up and over whelming submissions the probablity of lost or shuffled paperwork is the reason for such problems!
    Last edited by WD54241; January 21st, 2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Added
    Romanr4 and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Sponsored Links