Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 21

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by walthrfan my stats are the same as Jerp's. Mailed on the 3rd, check cleared my bank on the 15th. Still waiting. I ...

Page 21 of 297 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by walthrfan View Post
    my stats are the same as Jerp's. Mailed on the 3rd, check cleared my bank on the 15th. Still waiting. I submitted a copy of my Hunter's Safety cert from 1975 with a clearly legible customer # so maybe they are verifying that it's real. I'm guessing that those who took a CCW class and had a recent signed certificate are getting their's a bit faster.
    Notice you live in West Allis (stallis) i noticed a while back after i moved here, i live 4 blocks away from the post office near 76th an greenfield, and i still get any mail later than usual. Example: had a letter sent from city hall (across the street from said post office) it took that letter 5days to get to me. It was sent on the day it was written and didnt show up till 5 days later. Now, i believe that it is just a slow (possibly stupid )post office. And i am blaming the post office because this happens to my mail routinely. You live in west allis, does this happen to you?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by walthrfan View Post
    my stats are the same as Jerp's. Mailed on the 3rd, check cleared my bank on the 15th. Still waiting. I submitted a copy of my Hunter's Safety cert from 1975 with a clearly legible customer # so maybe they are verifying that it's real. I'm guessing that those who took a CCW class and had a recent signed certificate are getting their's a bit faster.
    I took the CCW class on Nov 3rd...mailed app Nov 4th...check cleared Nov 18th....Still waiting!
    Keeping my fingers crossed it's in the mail today.

Hubby mailed his app with DD214 on Nov 2nd...check cleared the 14th...received CCP on Nov 17th!!!

pps
    my wife used the same as me, an expired MN PERMIT, she got hers last Tuesday both of our checks cleared on the 15th, same as thenthernlady she was a student of mine and used my certificate that I issue and got hers checked cashed the 15th..

But what I do not get is why its taking longer for others like us 4 that were in the same priority mail envelope..as this that got it last Tuesday...makes no sense..other than some teams are laxing cause they took off the week for the holiday...thinking they are entitled as government employees I guess and here we sit.

Hell Dec 14 will be 45 days for me...

They should have known better and had people working overtime doing this to cover the on slaught of applications..they knew were coming..

I used my hunters safety on the 1st, check cashed on the 17th and nothing yet. I do have a common name, so I am thinking that may have something to do with the digging deeper comments. I can guarantee that there are several people with my same name that will be on the naughty list. Funny though, I have bought 3 pistols in the last few months with no issues. Oh well back to staring at the street waiting for the mail car.

another day and nothing that 16 since check cashed Wisconsin is so messed up.

Mailman came and went STILL NOTHING!!

WISCONSIN IS SO LAME!!

Such a bummer for all of you still waiting. I received mine on the 25th, but I have to wait til 12/8 to use mine due to my job keeping me away from home til then and that's when I'll pick it up from home. They're coming out, slowly, and the WAITING game sucks.

Sent from my DROID X2

waiting....losing patience

Mailed from wausau area on november 1st. Check cleared on november 14th. still no permit. hopefully in tomorrows mail?

Quote Originally Posted by skirydr View Post
    Mailed from wausau area on november 1st. Check cleared on november 14th. still no permit. hopefully in tomorrows mail?
    Same here. Mailed from Mosinee actually, but same dates as you.

Nothing in the mail again today. Day 27. This is getting old.

pps
    I'm assuming nothing, they are not getting busy till today. Everyone should call down and complain they did process first in first out as it says on the website...processed as recieved it says no way it is...

Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    I'm assuming nothing, they are not getting busy till today. Everyone should call down and complain they did process first in first out as it says on the website...processed as recieved it says no way it is...
    They DOJ said they have 30-35 people working on these at any given time to push the permits out...WELL WHERE ARE THEY!

pps
    My wife mentioned that they are probably just taking the applications and stacking them on top of ours that were already there. And she is always right ...and that does make sense, they will never get to us till after 45 days

There apparently is no logic to the DOJ processing. I see that some of you who mailed Nov. 1 are still waiting. My wife, daughter, and I mailed Nov. 1 in 3 separate envelopes. Wife used her expired FL license & received her #2xx Nov.4; my daughter w/ UT license received #18xx Nov. 9; and mine, (used DD214 from 1963) #7xxx, arrived Nov. 18. Their checks were cashed afterward, and my check cashed Nov. 14. I guess we lucked out & I didn't fall too far to the bottom of the pile.

Guys, we all need to calm down. Yes its taking forever, yes its our right to carry, yes we all want it now..... However, they are allotted 45 days.... that is the law, and there is no way calling them and complaning can change that. And think if we start complaining and demanding, how are the anti-gun/carry people going to turn that against us? I could see the headline now, " More Gun Crazy People on the Streets".

Clam down i am in the same boat, and all we can do is wait. Even if you cant anymore, we have to. But you can bet after those 45 days i am going down there to handle that in a nice polite manner, as any disordley conduct charge would give them something to look at on another back round check.

Moral of the post is, they have 45 days, that is the LAW. I know it sucks, but we have to suck it up and wait. Besides, ok it didnt come, why let it run my life? Yes if you review the posts i was freaking out as well last week and the one before. But then i realized i was letting that control my moods, and what i did (sat at home mad because it wasnt there and refused to go do anything), yea i live in a crappy area, but ive lived here this long and had to use SA to stay clear of trouble. Then it clicked, even when i carry, first step is to use SA to avoid conflict! So in the end will change except i will be carrying and have more protection should the need arise. So just kick back and wait like the rest, it will come, and if its not here in 45 days, go to madison to figure it out....

Good luck to all.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Links