Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 212

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sarah McKinley received help 14 minutes after Blanchard home invasion call, 911 records reveal Records from Blanchard police and Grady County show law enforcement arrived ...

Page 212 of 297 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Sarah McKinley received help 14 minutes after Blanchard home invasion call, 911 records reveal
    Records from Blanchard police and Grady County show law enforcement arrived 14 minutes after Sarah McKinley called 911. McKinley, 18, shot and killed an intruder Dec. 31 to protect herself and her baby, she said. A new 911 recording sheds light on alleged home invasion accomplice Dustin Stewart.

Sarah McKinley received help 14 minutes after Blanchard home invasion call, 911 records reveal | NewsOK.com
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

That sucks, the news group disabled the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2840 View Post
    Hello All,

I mailed mine on 11/20
    Check Cleared on 12/1
    Still nothing and checking mail every day :(

I have a question, I thought I read they would have a number or something set up in mid December to check your statues any word on that?
    Thanks
    So much for that 5 to 10 day behind schedule! I'd call Madison and begin to annoy them. You have been patient enough. It's time for answers! Don't let them tell you to just wait! There are names and phone numbers in past postings for you. That is ridiculous waiting that amount of time with folks getting theres in under 21 days now... There is a outside chance you have fallen through the cracks! It does not take 53 days for the back ground check!

If you get nowhere with the phone calls, I'd contact my local State Representative and make him / her aware of your situation and ask for their assistance. You should also send a certified letter to the DOJ requesting they investigate your case. Be sure to include a copy of your check, documenting when they deposited it.

Unfortunately the new law is a toothless law and there is zero punishment for the DOJ for exceeding the legal time.
    Last edited by WD54241; January 25th, 2012 at 08:18 AM. Reason: oh god I need more coffee!!!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

VIP Member
    At Least they cashed his check. I waited 54 days for them to tell me my address was not matching my application. Sounds like there are a handful of questionable apps out there 50+ day range. Otherwise they are doing a very good job of processing them.

On a positive note: I went into local gun shop / indoor range and not only are hand gun sales off the charts the phone was ringing off the hook with people wanting to sign up or find out about the classes for conceal carry. This place was booked up until Feb for the classes. They require a deposit to sign up since there is a waiting list to get into the classes.
    I am glad I already got my permit and feels funny when I do not have my gun on me.

Hope today is your Day!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    At Least they cashed his check. I waited 54 days for them to tell me my address was not matching my application. Sounds like there are a handful of questionable apps out there 50+ day range. Otherwise they are doing a very good job of processing them.

On a positive note: I went into local gun shop / indoor range and not only are hand gun sales off the charts the phone was ringing off the hook with people wanting to sign up or find out about the classes for conceal carry. This place was booked up until Feb for the classes. They require a deposit to sign up since there is a waiting list to get into the classes.
    I am glad I already got my permit and feels funny when I do not have my gun on me.

Hope today is your Day!
    I'm jealous! indoor range! up here in Manitowoc, door and Brown counties there are no indoor ranges! well there is one but it's not open yet.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I'm jealous! indoor range! up here in Manitowoc, door and Brown counties there are no indoor ranges! well there is one but it's not open yet.
    The club I belong to is all outdoor, but there are plenty of indoor pistol ranges around here. But they can be expensive and the wait can be hour or so. ( My club closes at dusk so after work is hard in winter).
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    The club I belong to is all outdoor, but there are plenty of indoor pistol ranges around here. But they can be expensive and the wait can be hour or so. ( My club closes at dusk so after work is hard in winter).
    Stupid me, I was out last Friday for 30 mins and I'll NEVER go out again when it's 4 deg again!!!! Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

VIP Member
    Our club shoots the "Frozen finger" tournament. When cold out you get the range to yourself. Get a hand wamer like the quarterbacks use (goes around your waist and put a disposable hand warmer in it). We don't stay out there all day. But 4 degs is pretty cold, don't think we had many of those days here in SE WI.
    It had been a good winter for outdoor shooting. Not a lot of snow to walk thru when going to the KD ranges. AND kinda warm for January.

Hope some permits come today.

Stupid me, I was out last Friday for 30 mins and I'll NEVER go out again when it's 4 deg again!!!! Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.
    I go to my friends land and bring a propane heater, granted it does not make the cold go away but it does warm your hand up very nicely well loading or between shooting, my friends and I were happy to have it last Sunday. Even in the wind it puts out enough heat for the hands and if your close enough to it you.

Crowman I wanted to say thank you for all the news updates. I don't get much time to check out the news so I usually go off what people tell me about and what is posted here.
    Crowman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by THEONLYGHOST View Post
    Crowman I wanted to say thank you for all the news updates. I don't get much time to check out the news so I usually go off what people tell me about and what is posted here.
    No problem friend. The national news is getting scary and the morals in the country keep eroding, but the good news they have not announced man the life rafts. Umm only in Italy.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

That sucks, the news group disabled the article.
    Which article are you referring to? If they are the ones I recently posted they opened for me just now.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Jump in licenses to own guns in Illinois possibly fueled by concealed carry hopes
    Read more: Jump in licenses to own guns possibly fueled by concealed carry hopes

Councilman wants sheriff to stop urging people to get concealed weapons permits
    Spartanburg County Councilman wants Sheriff Wright to stop recommending concealed weapons permits
    Michael Brown opposes Chuck Wright's gun comments | GoUpstate.com

VIP Member
    Who got a brand new permit today?????????????????????????????????

Sponsored Links