Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a 3 that will be applying soon We will track how it goes for them....

Page 213 of 297 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4444
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

I have a 3 that will be applying soon We will track how it goes for them.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    "Fred" is going to the post office on Wed. He placed a stop payment on the "missing" check since he mailed late Nov and it has not been cashed yet. He plans to start over with a new check and new app. He has the utah permit since fall.
    I am going to do some tactical training with him on Wed . Will give you an update on his status.
    Has anybody else not had their check cashed and heard nothing?
    We will need to come up with some type of Honor for Fred as he will be that last one that applied in NOV to get his.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    The more permits that are issued will, hopefully, make it all that harder to repeal/water down the gun laws in Wisconsin. Heck, 2 million should do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I agree, but sadly with the "Nanny State Mentality" and years of liberal revisionist history being pumped into our children's heads, this is a battle that will take in all probability a generation to overcome if it's even able to be saved!? I think there will be a heck of a battle within W.I. funded and supported by outside influences. Even if we should win the enemy won't go quietly into the night they will simply regroup and attack our rights through our children's education or should I say indoctrination. I doubt very much if the schools today even discuss the 2nd amendment in a constructive meaningful manner leaving there own opinions aside and teach what exactly our founding fathers were trying to tell us. That would be counter productive to there idea of utopia! My 2nd grade son was taught the pledge of allegiance by my wife and I, he is not allowed to say it in class for fear of alienating someone or hurting someones feelings!! So what makes me think they are going to teach the constitution and the very core values for which this country was founded upon??? Sorry for the Rant..
    Thanks for the info and I think we need to start to educate ppl so the know it not a "Macho" thing or "Wild West" thing it just being prepared for the worst and no one wants the worst but we all prepare for it like keeping a spare tire in case of a flat or a umbrella for when it rains or wearing seat belts are all thing we do just in case and it also is our 2nd amendment right given to us buy the guys who used to wear wigs and signed the constitution which is suppose to be supreme law but we knew otherwise before Nov.1 2011

Why Adopt a Vermont-style CCW Law? (Article dated 2004)
    Why_Vermont_CCDW

Gun control laws may be partly at fault in massacre (Note article is dated 2003 much hasn't changed in Chicago)
    Gun control laws may be partly at fault in massacre

Disarming Facts: The road to bad laws is paved with good intentions (Article date 2005)
    John Lott's website

The First Decade (1994-2004) Of The Tennessee Handgun Permit Law Shows Very Good Results By Legally Armed Citizens In Tennessee
    200,000+ Legally Armed Citizens And The Numbers Continue To Grow!
    Legallyarmed.com - Tennessee Alabama HandGun Laws - The Internet Site For Legallyarmed Law Abiding Citizens
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

'No weapons' signs go too far

Some have posted "no weapons" signs on their property. This makes me feel unsafe.

It is a public notice to the bad actors that they have nothing to fear from the good guys. It denies trained, law-abiding people their constitutional right to protect themselves. Would you post a sign on your home saying, "we cannot protect ourselves here," which would be a welcome message for robbers?

The law provides: "A person who does not prohibit an individual from carrying a concealed weapon on property that the person owns or occupies is immune from any liability arising from his or her decision." By banning weapons, these property owners have voided this immunity. People who suffer a loss on their property can file a lawsuit against them for not allowing self-protection with a weapon. I wonder if they notified their insurance company of the increased liability exposure they have created?

Since I am a senior in my 80s, and have lost some of my physical abilities, I find it advisable to carry a weapon to "level the playing field." My weapon of choice is a nonlethal electric weapon, which would be allowed if the sign said "no firearms" instead of "no weapons."

I would encourage these property owners to rethink their position.

Al Tomson
    Glendale

The above is a letter to the editor of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal
    Your views - JSOnline
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

The Federal Government and State Governments "EXCEPT VT" has made it abundantly clear that in the name of safety and harmony that they feel the need to regulate the very rights that the Constitution guarantees.

Politicians in there quest for (power and money) have let their individual States down! instead of facing the hard decisions and potentially not being reelected they chose the easy way out. Over time they surrendered there rights as individual States and allowed the Federal Government to become "Big Brother" If the Framers could speak from the grave they would be appalled and I don't think we would like what they would have to say! Our Federal Government has not passed a budget for nearly 3 years! But we have become a Natl welfare state. Time to give our Federal Government and State Governments an industrial enema!
    Last edited by WD54241; January 26th, 2012 at 11:43 AM.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    We will need to come up with some type of Honor for Fred as he will be that last one that applied in NOV to get his.
    Went to the range with "Fred" last night. He is going to resend all of his info by the Weekend. His wife put a stop payment on the check. Says he sent regular mail Nov 21 or 22. Was a large envelope with all of his forms. He has a current Utah permit. He is going to the Post Office in New Berlin and will send out priority mail with delivery confirmation this time. I don't fault the DOJ on this one! It went missing in the mail! On the up side he is not to upset. I believe he will get a permit within about 2 weeks. I can't wait to see what number he gets. I will let you know when he gets it.

VIP Member
    Went to Mills Fleet Farm today see whats on sale in the firearms dept. Meet a guy there getting a new Smith 38 spec. Belongs to same club as me. He and His wife took the carry class last fall but have not sent in the applications yet. SO, I urged him to get it done asap. I don't know why you would go to the classes with the wife spend the time and money and not follow thru. He just purchased a carry gun. You think he would want to carry it. Legal. Need to get those numbers up!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Went to Mills Fleet Farm today see whats on sale in the firearms dept. Meet a guy there getting a new Smith 38 spec. Belongs to same club as me. He and His wife took the carry class last fall but have not sent in the applications yet. SO, I urged him to get it done asap. I don't know why you would go to the classes with the wife spend the time and money and not follow thru. He just purchased a carry gun. You think he would want to carry it. Legal. Need to get those numbers up!
    strange story, cannot understand why they did not send for their permits also. Not a money situation as he is buying guns, Fleet farm has great deals. just bought a sig p229 40 from them.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

specifics

Applied 12/30/2011
    Check Cashed 1/10/2012
    Authorized 1/23/2012
    Received 01/26/2012
    #634XX

Quote Originally Posted by 425HPSRT8 View Post
    Applied 12/30/2011
    Check Cashed 1/10/2012
    Authorized 1/23/2012
    Received 01/26/2012
    #634XX
    Great that is the highest number I have seen so far.
    protect your rights sign up a few more.

Probably not true but nonetheless funny

Chapstick and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Awesome! Good for her!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

My father is getting anxious. Funny because several months ago he said probably would not apply.

Sent December 16, 2011
    Check cashed December 28, 2011
    Still no permit.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    George Washington
    State of the Union Address
    01/08/1790

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMeanor View Post
    My father is getting anxious. Funny because several months ago he said probably would not apply.

Sent December 16, 2011
    Check cashed December 28, 2011
    Still no permit.
    42 days from sent. Minus say 6 days mail is still 36 days. even with the holidays thats a long wait. Check in your mailbox today if not there call them later today.

Links