Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good to see the numbers growing. My father in law just sent his application in, my wife just sent hers in. We are all taking ...

Page 214 of 296 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4432
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Good to see the numbers growing. My father in law just sent his application in, my wife just sent hers in. We are all taking a class next month so that my mother in law can get hers. We also went and put a S&W M&P 9mm Compact on layaway for my wife.
    THEONLYGHOST and Crowman like this.
    New Wisconsin CCW Permit holder.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 425HPSRT8 View Post
    Applied 12/30/2011
    Check Cashed 1/10/2012
    Authorized 1/23/2012
    Received 01/26/2012
    #634XX
    Congratulations
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Got my permit last week,got my IWB holster from Tommy Theis yesterday and have been carrying around the house and a trip to the gas station. Still have to do my 'Wally walk" but so far very comfortable and not as "freaky" as I thought it would be. But havent been out in a populated area yet.

App. sent 12/13/11
    Check cleared 12/30/11
    Issued 1/13/12
    Received 1/19/12
    #55xxx
    Crowman and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova63 View Post
    Got my permit last week,got my IWB holster from Tommy Theis yesterday and have been carrying around the house and a trip to the gas station. Still have to do my 'Wally walk" but so far very comfortable and not as "freaky" as I thought it would be. But havent been out in a populated area yet.

App. sent 12/13/11
    Check cleared 12/30/11
    Issued 1/13/12
    Received 1/19/12
    #55xxx
    Great news you have yours . It will become normal the more you wear it.
    Sign some others up there is strength in numbers.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Criminals don't care about laws

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, letters to the editor, Jan. 27, 2012

In response to Sandra Winkels' letter concerning the former Badger Guns, while I agree that gun dealers need to be kept in check as to whom they sell weapons to, it is naive to think that most criminals obtain weapons from licensed dealers ("Can't rely on gun stores," Jan. 23). Most criminals obtain weapons from theft and other illegal means.

She says laws are making it easier for criminals to purchase weapons, which is simply not true. Thinking that more and more laws concerning purchasing, owning, carrying, etc., weapons will cure gun crimes would only be effective in a utopian world.

There are more than enough laws on the books to deal with criminals/felons who are found with weapons. Case in point: Washington, D.C., New York City and Chicago have some of the toughest, if not the toughest, gun control laws, yet they have some of the highest crime rates (use of firearms) in the nation.

Prohibiting something with a law has never stopped the criminal element. Prohibition of alcohol showed America how sad an outcome that can be. Another example is all the laws dealing with illegal drugs. Simply put, criminals could care less about laws.

Andy
    West Allis

Your views - JSOnline
    rstanek and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Thousands of newspapers at your fingertips

Online newspapers listed by states

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Update: Emily gets her gun........

MILLER: I will testify before D.C. city council about guns
    MILLER: I will testify before D.C. city council about guns - Washington Times

MILLER: Applying to register a gun in D.C.
    MILLER: Applying to register a gun in D.C. - Washington Times

Past articles by Emily Miller
    Guns - Washington Times

Quote Originally Posted by Nova63 View Post

App. sent 12/13/11
    Check cleared 12/30/11
    Issued 1/13/12
    Received 1/19/12
    #55xxx

I have had my permit for over 6 weeks now, and getting to the point that it does'nt feel right to leave the house without my weapon, which does not happen often. When I am around the house I will take out the mag sometimes and practice drawing and racking, for I am still not comfortable carry a round in the chamber yet. Someday this will all come together, but I want to take my time so I get it right. practice ,practice practice...
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, letters to the editor, Jan. 27, 2012

In response to Sandra Winkels' letter concerning the former Badger Guns, while I agree that gun dealers need to be kept in check as to whom they sell weapons to, it is naive to think that most criminals obtain weapons from licensed dealers ("Can't rely on gun stores," Jan. 23). Most criminals obtain weapons from theft and other illegal means.

She says laws are making it easier for criminals to purchase weapons, which is simply not true. Thinking that more and more laws concerning purchasing, owning, carrying, etc., weapons will cure gun crimes would only be effective in a utopian world.

There are more than enough laws on the books to deal with criminals/felons who are found with weapons. Case in point: Washington, D.C., New York City and Chicago have some of the toughest, if not the toughest, gun control laws, yet they have some of the highest crime rates (use of firearms) in the nation.

Prohibiting something with a law has never stopped the criminal element. Prohibition of alcohol showed America how sad an outcome that can be. Another example is all the laws dealing with illegal drugs. Simply put, criminals could care less about laws.

Andy
    West Allis

Your views - JSOnline
    Badger guns is now named Brew City Shooter Supply. They are not selling fire arms yet but have a great selection of supplies and offer trainingg . They have a reasonable priced in door range. Was there yesterday. I hope they do get fire arms lic back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMeanor View Post
    My father is getting anxious. Funny because several months ago he said probably would not apply.

Sent December 16, 2011
    Check cashed December 28, 2011
    Pops can pack heat! Received 1-27-12 No idea about the permit number, I emailed him to ask and will post it. Now apply for the wife after she completes her training next month! Then I'll work on my mom!

Updated:
    Permit number
    #572XX
    Odd because I seen others post higher numbers earlier this week. He does live in rural Waukesha County so the mail is slower...
    Last edited by MrMeanor; January 28th, 2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added Permit Number
    Crowman and THEONLYGHOST like this.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    George Washington
    State of the Union Address
    01/08/1790

Quote Originally Posted by MrMeanor View Post
    Pops can pack heat! Received 1-27-12 No idea about the permit number, I emailed him to ask and will post it. Now apply for the wife after she completes her training next month! Then I'll work on my mom!
    Great news every one issued helps. Post up the number when you can
    Wife wanted to switch to a revolver . She has a problem with her hand and pulling the slide back was an issue for her. Just got back from buying her a 38SP Smith & Wesson Body guard.
    Fleet Farm had a good sale on that started today.

Application mailed: 01/28/12
    MrMeanor likes this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Application mailed: 01/28/12
    The clock is running hope you have it in 21 days. good luck.
    I have someone I know mailing hers today so we will keep track of the time line.
    Last edited by Smitty901; January 28th, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The clock is running hope you have it in 21 days. good luck.
    Thank you, First Sergeant!

I'm hoping for the three weeks as well. It is in the law, so I wonder if there is some sort of recourse if it isn't received within that time frame. Not that I care that much if I don't get it in 21 days, but it does make me curious.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Thank you, First Sergeant!

I'm hoping for the three weeks as well. It is in the law, so I wonder if there is some sort of recourse if it isn't received within that time frame. Not that I care that much if I don't get it in 21 days, but it does make me curious.
    No recourse in the law if they don't make the target of 21 days then they just don't. There have been a few case where they have really missed it, most of those they had issues,address that did not match,a few that had the same names as someone with a record, and a few that got mailed to the wrong address. For the most part they have not done to bad so far missed a lot by a few days some a week.
    We have waited over 20 years for this a few days it nothing.

Links