Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everybody I haven't posted here since I received my permit on 12-13 but I have bin following the thread everyday. Just wanted to let ...

Page 215 of 296 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 4431
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Hello everybody I haven't posted here since I received my permit on 12-13 but I have bin following the thread everyday. Just wanted to let you know a friend of mine sent his app in exactly one week ago and he received his permit today!
    Crowman and THEONLYGHOST like this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    Hello everybody I haven't posted here since I received my permit on 12-13 but I have bin following the thread everyday. Just wanted to let you know a friend of mine sent his app in exactly one week ago and he received his permit today!
    Stop in from time to time encourage some others to sign up keep the thread alive.
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Rugerdog, that's awesome news!

For the most part they have not done to bad so far missed a lot by a few days some a week.
    We have waited over 20 years for this a few days it nothing.
    I am in agreement with this, I was just curious if 21 days was a hard limit or more of a guideline. I doubt three more weeks without carrying is going to have dire consequences after this long without.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

SPECIFICS

Sent: 01/19/12
    Check cashed:01/25/12
    Issued: 01/25/12
    Recieved: 01/28/12
    #65xxx

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Rugerdog, that's awesome news!

I am in agreement with this, I was just curious if 21 days was a hard limit or more of a guideline. I doubt three more weeks without carrying is going to have dire consequences after this long without.
    Sadly, there is no recourse if an applicant does not receive their permit within 21 days.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Tomorrow two people I know will send off the paper work. It will be interesting to see one is mail a DD214 the other a Training class completion will that make any difference?

VIP Member
    "Fred" did not get his new app sent on Sat. He should get it in on Monday. I will keep you updated. Bet he gets it in a week or so!

Quick Turn Around

Mailed: 1-23-12
    Received: 1-28-12
    rstanek, Crowman and THEONLYGHOST like this.

Holly cow peasant that is fast turn-around.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and Remington 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by peasant View Post
    Mailed: 1-23-12
    Received: 1-28-12
    What range of numbers was it in.
    Thats is fast it would mean bad news if it is slowing down this soon. We need to see a lot more issued.

It's been several day's since I checked in and it appears that the DOJ has finally caught up. Good! I've also noticed traffic on this thread has slowed considerably.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
    -- Cesare Beccaria, 1738 -- 1794

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

THEONLYGHOST likes this.

I sent mine in on the same day. Thought sure I'd get it today. Didn't! Maybe tomorrow.

VIP Member
    I know a guy who's boss is setting up a ccw class for his company. He is paying the entire cost for his employees. They just have to spend a Saturday at the range ( oh darn). It is also open to spouses. So he and his better half are going to the class. He is not a gun owner yet. His plans are to get the permit, then go purchase a firearm for him and the mrs. I will keep you posted. The class is in two weeks on a Sat.
    I am working on a couple more newbees, I figure to take them one at a time!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Links