Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by peasant Mailed: 1-23-12 Received: 1-28-12 A five day turnaround is a little hard to believe unless hand delivered....

Page 216 of 296 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by peasant View Post
    Mailed: 1-23-12
    Received: 1-28-12
    A five day turnaround is a little hard to believe unless hand delivered.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    A five day turnaround is a little hard to believe unless hand delivered.
    I tracked my mail from Waukesha county and it was 3 days each way. The DOJ processed the same day they got it. If he overnighted it could work.

6 business days from the date I sent in the application to date received
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Its been a while, thought Id check in. I had a funeral to go to on Saturday. On my way home last night driveing north just outa Medford on hwy 13, I was pulled over by an officer they were looking for a car similar to mine, the reason for the stop was an out license plate light, He come up and asked me for my DL and proof of insurance. The car is insured but my wife did not have paperwork in the car yet (figures). I told him this as I handed him my conceald carry license and DL, then I told him that I was carrying and where it was located on me. I kept my hands on the steering wheel untill he needed me to grab the licenses back, then back on the steering wheel. He come back to the car and thanked me for how I handeld the stop and said as far as he knows I was the first one in price county, he also said how he believes it is everyons rite to carry, and agan thanked me for letting him know, He even went on further and said that he knows that the law does not require me to tell him although it gives unbelievable piece of mind to the officer, He decided not to give me a ticket and thanked me one more time. And I was on my way. I think that was about flawless. Opinions?
    Crowman, WD54241, rstanek and 1 others like this.
    Miracles happen, not in opposition to Nature,
    but in opposition to what we know of Nature.

St. Augustine

[QUOTE=Jpeetz;2151050]Its been a while, thought Id check in. I had a funeral to go to on Saturday. On my way home last night driveing north just outa Medford on hwy 13, I was pulled over by an officer they were looking for a car similar to mine, the reason for the stop was an out license plate light, He come up and asked me for my DL and proof of insurance. The car is insured but my wife did not have paperwork in the car yet (figures). I told him this as I handed him my conceald carry license and DL, then I told him that I was carrying and where it was located on me. I kept my hands on the steering wheel untill he needed me to grab the licenses back, then back on the steering wheel. He come back to the car and thanked me for how I handeld the stop and said as far as he knows I was the first one in price county, he also said how he believes it is everyons rite to carry, and agan thanked me for letting him know, He even went on further and said that he knows that the law does not require me to tell him although it gives unbelievable piece of mind to the officer, He decided not to give me a ticket and thanked me one more time. And I was on my way. I think that was about flawless. Opinions?[/QUOTE

Good job with the stop its nice to see many of the police understanding CCW
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Any new numbers on how many have been issued?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I know a guy who's boss is setting up a ccw class for his company. He is paying the entire cost for his employees. They just have to spend a Saturday at the range ( oh darn). It is also open to spouses. So he and his better half are going to the class. He is not a gun owner yet. His plans are to get the permit, then go purchase a firearm for him and the mrs. I will keep you posted. The class is in two weeks on a Sat.
    I am working on a couple more newbees, I figure to take them one at a time!
    That would be a company I would be interested in doing Business with.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    That would be a company I would be interested in doing Business with.
    Way way cool boss!
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Never Forget

I am late to the post, just joined tonight but have been watching since November. My wife and I dropped our Applications on November 1st and received our Freedom in about 20 days. We truly appreciate having the choice to defend ourselves. My weapon is always with me and don't know its there most of the time. Now the real issue. I am a 30+ year NRA member and supported and have been doing what i can to finally get this deal done. I am asking that no one forgets the people who got it done for us. All of us should know that people that passed this bill for "us" are under attack as i write this. Senator Galloway being one of them, she authored SB 93 / ACT 35. Our Governor signed this bill into law, other believers in Freedom and the Second Amendment are also under attack and subject to losing their jobs. I don't want to get into poltics. Pleasse do not forget that that laws are subject to change given the proper process and you have to know if we didn't have a Republican Governor and majority we wouldn't br contributing to this subject/thread right now, we wouldn't be anxiously waiting out permission slip to defend ourselves. We would be on another thread complaining asking why we were one of two states that do not get it. Please do whatever you can to support the "Right" folks!

Thanks for reading the Rant......
    discoboxer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eZ7jockey View Post
    I am late to the post, just joined tonight but have been watching since November. My wife and I dropped our Applications on November 1st and received our Freedom in about 20 days. We truly appreciate having the choice to defend ourselves. My weapon is always with me and don't know its there most of the time. Now the real issue. I am a 30+ year NRA member and supported and have been doing what i can to finally get this deal done. I am asking that no one forgets the people who got it done for us. All of us should know that people that passed this bill for "us" are under attack as i write this. Senator Galloway being one of them, she authored SB 93 / ACT 35. Our Governor signed this bill into law, other believers in Freedom and the Second Amendment are also under attack and subject to losing their jobs. I don't want to get into poltics. Pleasse do not forget that that laws are subject to change given the proper process and you have to know if we didn't have a Republican Governor and majority we wouldn't br contributing to this subject/thread right now, we wouldn't be anxiously waiting out permission slip to defend ourselves. We would be on another thread complaining asking why we were one of two states that do not get it. Please do whatever you can to support the "Right" folks!

Thanks for reading the Rant......
    Thank you for supporting our rights stick around help encourage others. I was there when he signed it.
    eZ7jockey likes this.

wow! 216 pages! I am not from WI, and never been there....

However I wanted to say Congrats to everyone that has recieved there! Always great to have another state with Carry:) I wonder if WI will recognize my SC permit or not?
    THEONLYGHOST likes this.

Sort of know the rules about politics and the thread but I think 2nd Amendment is not political it is the part of our Constitution and foundation for which laws our written so I gave it a shot.
    Attached Images

Here is where you need to go: Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

More apps

I was able to get 4 co-workers and 2 of their sisters to send in their applications with appropriate paperwork. It is amazing what happens when people see the reason for concealed carry.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Mr7point62 View Post
    wow! 216 pages! I am not from WI, and never been there....

However I wanted to say Congrats to everyone that has received there! Always great to have another state with Carry:) I wonder if WI will recognize my SC permit or not?
    According to the Wisconsin DOJ Reciprocity web page Wisconsin does not recognize South Carolina CC permits;
    WI Department of Justice - Law Enforcement Services
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Links