Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 218

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat Lots of people are signing up for the classes. So there will be many more licenses issued. People wanted to get ...

Page 218 of 297 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4445
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Lots of people are signing up for the classes. So there will be many more licenses issued. People wanted to get thru the holidays. Most classes have waiting lists. I also talked to several who took the classes but haven't sent the applications in yet. ?????
    On aside note, not to hi-jack a thread, but this weekend i was at gander Mtn , scheels and a small gun shop. Saw some ridiculous firearm handling by both male and female customers. Oh well, let the games begin.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I would think and hope this guy has an attorney with him when he goes to the DA's office! I expect him to be charged with violating the stores policy no question about it. The DA might go for his permit.
    I have found nothing in the law that states you automatically lose your carry permit for violating a "no gun" sign. However, this person could be fined up to $1000 under the law. The DA will have to weigh out the circumstances as to what actually transpired at the shooting. Hopefully the DA sees that more than likely innocent peoples lives were protected in violating the law in that particular situation.

The law permits certain owners and occupants of property to prohibit persons from carrying a concealed firearm in or on the property. A person may be subject to a Class B forfeiture [Wis. Stat. 939.52 (3)(b)] if he or she carries a firearm on the property after being notified not to remain on the property or remain with a specific type of firearm. In the latter case, a property owner can prohibit a person form possessing a specific type of firearm on their property or any firearm.
    Wis. Stat. 943.13(1m)(b) Wisconsin Legislature: 943.13

Class B forfeiture, a forfeiture not to exceed $1,000
    Wis. Stat. 939.52 (3)(b) Wisconsin Legislature: 939.51
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Iowa:Concealed weapons permits increase by 154 percent
    State relaxed permit law a year ago.

At the beginning of 2011, 39,397 Iowans had permits to carry concealed weapons, secured during an era in which county sheriffs had considerable discretion over their issuance.

At the end of 2011, with the sheriffs’ discretion largely nullified by the law, that number had climbed to 99,932, with more 2011 permits still trickling into the state database, said Sam Knowles, bureau chief of the Iowa Department of Public Safety.

Lonny Pulkrabek, sheriff of Johnson County, a critic of the new law, said “I probably would have denied a good portion of them if I still had discretion”
    Read more at: Concealed weapons permits increase by 154 percent | TheGazette
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    I have found nothing in the law that states you automatically lose your carry permit for violating a "no gun" sign. However, this person could be fined up to $1000 under the law. The DA will have to weigh out the circumstances as to what actually transpired at the shooting. Hopefully the DA sees that more than likely innocent peoples lives were protected in violating the law in that particular situation.

The law permits certain owners and occupants of property to prohibit persons from carrying a concealed firearm in or on the property. A person may be subject to a Class B forfeiture [Wis. Stat. 939.52 (3)(b)] if he or she carries a firearm on the property after being notified not to remain on the property or remain with a specific type of firearm. In the latter case, a property owner can prohibit a person form possessing a specific type of firearm on their property or any firearm.

I see the no firearms sign kept the bad guys from trying to robb the place!

There are also requirements as to size and visibility of signs notifying that the facility is posted. I've seen some references to that store not having proper signage.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    There are also requirements as to size and visibility of signs notifying that the facility is posted. I've seen some references to that store not having proper signage.
    If you look at the video at the below link, it appears the sign was proper.
    North side customer ordered to meet with DA after firing at robbers - TODAY'S TMJ4

Bottom line, it will be up to the DA to determine what to do. The DA can say it was justified due to the outcome, fine him $1.00 or whatever. Contrary to the citizen in the video stating that it was fine what the person did but "he broke the law". Other than mandatory laws, law is flexible and left to discretion and common sense. Law enforcement do not always ticket [fine] someone for traffic violations. Many time they forgo the ticket in lieu of a warning ticket or a verbal warning depending on the circumstances.

My opinion this customer should be left with a verbal warning that a no gun sign means no gun. As someone that now carries I now weigh my options when I see/know a "no gun sign". Usual it is my choice not to patronize those establishments. Yes, there will be instances where I have no choice such as visiting my doctor since the clinic has a no weapon policy.

I watched the video and it's not clear that signage of proper size is anywhere near the door. The video cuts to a no guns sign, but I don't see that sign in the further back shot of the store entrance.

It will be interesting to see what comes of the fellow's meeting with the DA.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

There is Some question they may have changed the door after shooting?
    It was reported earlier the posting was not on the entrance.
    Milwaukee DA hates CC law he is one that vowed to lock up CC holders any chance he got .
    I am in Milwaukee right now.

I agree but if this took place in Chief Flynn's area there will be no question that this guy will be facing the maximum allowed by law. Is the Aldi chain charging him with violating store policy? If they don't it's a clean good shoot.

Well finally sent my application out 1/26/12 and still no check cashed by DOJ so hoping something happens soon after reading through the forum seems its sporadic on times. Just picked up my new Ruger LC9 and waiting for my holster to start breaking that in.
    MrMeanor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stm250 View Post
    Well finally sent my application out 1/26/12 and still no check cashed by DOJ so hoping something happens soon after reading through the forum seems its sporadic on times. Just picked up my new Ruger LC9 and waiting for my holster to start breaking that in.
    Good luck on your permit, you will get eventually, it is worth the wait. I have had mine since mid Dec. and I never leave home without my weapon. I also bought an LC9, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet and also waiting for my holster. At present I carry an LCP for conceal, I also have a P95 that I sometimes carry when an appropriate attire allows it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stm250 View Post
    Good for you! They will process before the check clears the bank! Figure 3-4 days each way in the mail tops. You may have it by the weekend.
    I also purchased the LC9 I could not pass on the sale price at Fleet Farm.

If you look at the video at the below link, it appears the sign was proper.
    North side customer ordered to meet with DA after firing at robbers - TODAY'S TMJ4

Bottom line, it will be up to the DA to determine what to do. The DA can say it was justified due to the outcome, fine him $1.00 or whatever. Contrary to the citizen in the video stating that it was fine what the person did but "he broke the law". Other than mandatory laws, law is flexible and left to discretion and common sense. Law enforcement do not always ticket [fine] someone for traffic violations. Many time they forgo the ticket in lieu of a warning ticket or a verbal warning depending on the circumstances.

My opinion this customer should be left with a verbal warning that a no gun sign means no gun. As someone that now carries I now weigh my options when I see/know a "no gun sign". Usual it is my choice not to patronize those establishments. Yes, there will be instances where I have no choice such as visiting my doctor since the clinic has a no weapon policy.
    Meeting with the DA has been postponed a couple of days.
    No Decision Yet On Charges Following Shooting At Aldi's - Milwaukee News Story - WISN Milwaukee
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" - Adolph Hitler, German Chancellor 1933

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Guys there is another thread on this matter! This is the Happy thread! Who got a permit today?????

VIP Member
    Here is the thread if I did this right!

Good: milwaukee WI aldi robbery stopped

Hope somebody got a new permit today!

Links