Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 219

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by stm250 Well finally sent my application out 1/26/12 and still no check cashed by DOJ so hoping something happens soon after reading ...

Page 219 of 297 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4448
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by stm250 View Post
    Well finally sent my application out 1/26/12 and still no check cashed by DOJ so hoping something happens soon after reading through the forum seems its sporadic on times. Just picked up my new Ruger LC9 and waiting for my holster to start breaking that in.
    You picked up a fine weapon. They are getting faster at it.
    As of now I know three that have sent them in on the 30 and 31 of Jan .
    We will track them Jim,Amanda and Harold.
    Last edited by Smitty901; February 1st, 2012 at 08:10 PM.

I cant wait to go out to the range this weekend, bringing the wife out and our friends(husband/wife) that have a walther p22 and pps 40cal he got his permit the 23rd of Dec and sent out for it mid Nov., planning on buying the wife the ruger LCP and send out for her permit monday. so getting her ready also. Thanks and congrats to all that have gotten their plastic beauty card.

MILLER: Running D.C.’s gun-owner gauntlet
    Re-registration requirement criminalizes innocent conduct
    MILLER: Running D.C.'s gun-owner gauntlet - Washington Times

MILLER: My testimony at D.C. city council
    I testified on Monday before the District of Columbia Council’s Judiciary Committee about my experiences and reporting on the gun registration process in the city.
    MILLER: My testimony at D.C. city council (VIDEO) - Washington Times

Previous Emily Miller articles
    Guns - Washington Times
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by stm250 View Post
    Well finally sent my application out 1/26/12 and still no check cashed by DOJ so hoping something happens soon after reading through the forum seems its sporadic on times. Just picked up my new Ruger LC9 and waiting for my holster to start breaking that in.
    Nice weapon. My wife has one for her primary and I just picked one up for my summer/light clothing carry for IWB. I waited 44 days and my wife was 45 days. Good Luck!!!

Kurt

Any new numbers today?

Still no permit in the mail. I got my hopes up after seeing others who sent applications in on January 23rd already received their carry permits. Maybe tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Oldscout66 View Post
    Still no permit in the mail. I got my hopes up after seeing others who sent applications in on January 23rd already received their carry permits. Maybe tomorrow
    The few that seems to show up in a week were oddities I think it can not have slowed down that much.
    We are a bout to hit a second wave of those applying I think. There seems to be a fair flow of people taking classes so we should see the numbers go up.

I don't know if the week times are a fluke.

Wife
    Sent: 1/23
    Cashed: 1/26
    Approved: 1/30
    Received: 2/2

Mine
    Sent: 1/23
    Cashed: 1/26
    Approved: Should be!?
    Received: Tomorrow.(I hope)
    Crowman likes this.

Another forum has a post about the first shooting of a BG by a Wisconsin concealed carry permit/license holder. It happened in a grocery store and the BG had a shotgun. Good ending. Everyone ok except the BG.

Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    Another forum has a post about the first shooting of a BG by a Wisconsin concealed carry permit/license holder. It happened in a grocery store and the BG had a shotgun. Good ending. Everyone ok except the BG.
    Read on the DA has not given him a pass yet.

Milwaukee Man Who Shot Armed Robber Breaks His Silence

Nazier asked that we not use his last name but in a chilling, exclusive interview, he shared his story with 12 News. He met with prosecutors Thursday and said they told him he won't be charged.Read more: Milwaukee Man Who Shot Armed Robber Breaks His Silence - Milwaukee News Story - WISN Milwaukee

Nazier has set up a website, http://ccwadvocates.com/, to share his story with other people.

Hopefully Aldi's will not look to have him charged with violating the no gun sign. This incident will most likely send a chilling message to the would be criminals that they now run the risk of being on the other side of a weapon. While the community will not ever be crime free I am sure the rate will be going down.
    Last edited by Crowman; February 3rd, 2012 at 03:35 AM.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Be thankful you do not live in Sacramento County California

The announcement on the Sacramento County Sheriff's website on Wednesday said the calendar for applications is booked through the end of 2012 and applications for 2013 are not yet being accepted. Deputy Jason Ramos said the pace of new applications at 40 to 50 per week has created a backlog of some 2,000 people waiting for permits.
    Soaring concealed weapons permit applications overload Sacramento Sheriff's Dept. | news10.net

I'm pleased that the Good Guy will not be charged in the Aldi's attempted robbery. I feel bad for the cashier who probably is working for minimum wage something like that is sure to rattle your cage! Hope the charges send the BG away for many years. The BG's will be talking about this case in the hood for sure! I'm from the school of thought that the BG's will adapt and target stores that post no firearms. That's a no brainer! For the stores and gas stations who choose to post no weapons I wish them well. I suspect they will be visited at some point by those who do not wish them well.

VIP Member
    What are we up to on Permit numbers? There were some posts this week but no number range

From what I've seen of late, The numbers are between 66K & 70K. Seems as though they have gotten pretty much caught up.

Links