Defensive Carry banner

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

461K views 4K replies 397 participants last post by  sdprof 
#1 ·
I know this is day one for submitting applications, but why not start a thread to see just how long WI takes to review, background check, and issue CCW permits. If you get ANY action, post it, and keep it going to the top. Wisconsin, boldly going where only 48 other states have gone before!

#970 ·
Top of the Mornin to everyone, Fresh pot of coffee brewing it's a damp dreary looking out side. Not complaining, I'll take this temperature rear round.
Day 37 and still zip, nada, nothing. I've offically given up looking forward to getting this permit! I'm now counting the days before I send the DOJ copies of my check both front and back along with a professional letter demanding that they investigate my case because they are in violation of state law. I will also request a letter of explanation as to why they could not process my application within there time frame. " I know, I know that doing so is much like ******* in the wind, I will get wet and end up smelling" but it will make me feel better. They have several more days to make me happy, happy.

#973 ·
Communication

As we approach the 45 days for the 11/1 folks, may I suggest to leadership here, that we query Mr O Keefe again on the following:

As of 12/15 how many apps revd?, how many issued?

When will they be caught up? (assumes there is no way the 45 days can now be honored)

What plans do they have to get caught up? What is the remedy for those of us who will go beyond 45 days?

cl(day 39)

"Nothing is a substitute for truthful communication.."

#975 ·
As we approach the 45 days for the 11/1 folks, may I suggest to leadership here, that we query Mr O Keefe again on the following:

As of 12/15 how many apps revd?, how many issued?

When will they be caught up? (assumes there is no way the 45 days can now be honored)

What plans do they have to get caught up? What is the remedy for those of us who will go beyond 45 days?

cl(day 39)

"Nothing is a substitute for truthful communication.."
I gave up holding my breath, ruptured to many blood vessels. I suppose send a formal request to the DOJ, hope to get a response by retirement. I will be contacting my represenitives as well.

#974 ·
Not necessarily unlikely, I am a railroad conductor, my employer does not allow firearms at work, no signes but it is written in the rule book, ever block every crossing in a town with a broke down train over a mile long and have to walk your train and "attemp" to fix it so you can get people on their way to work again. I have had to do it it many times in my 18 years of service and it becoms more and more dangerious as people become later and later for work. I cant blame them for being pissed, I would be too. Rule book dosnt say anything about "grenaids" for croud controll though? :rolleyes: And anyway, this is day 39 of the wait, but whos counting? :confused:

Reactions: WD54241
#977 ·
Hang in their my friends, I havent given up yet, and I find myself getting more and more mad as 45 days aproach. After 45 days I want heads to roll, just not sure how to make that happen. It will be 39 days if I dont get it at 2:30 PM today. They still have time to make it happen for me but it is definatly running short.

#978 ·
The thing that really Tweeks me is the lame excuses we have been told by represenitives on the phone at the DOJ. Plus the fact that I'm seeing people nearly a month after I applied already have there permits. While it's true some back grounds require a closer look i find it unacceptable and rubbish that SO MANY from the dates WE applied are still not accounted for. The State won't admit publicly that they droped the ball at the start and we were buried way down deep. We already have verbal confirmation of this fact from early calls to the DOJ. Typical politics. Deny everything admit nothing.

#979 ·
Well, when the 45 days is up for the 11/1 guys, if their is a leader who steps up from this forum who wants to have an organized group to slap the DOJ's hand, signe me up and let me know where, when, and how. I could be wrong but I simply dont see the permits issued last minnute in time. I think the DOJ is going to come up short. Although Id like to be proven wrong in a few days they will prove me rite and we will need to begin calling them the Department of Injustice or DOI.

#981 ·
My mail will arrive between noon and one, and honestly I doubt it will be there. But as you said today marks the day the state will be violation of the law... For each application is a seperate charge. To bad there is no teeth to that law, DOJ wont fine themselves. We followed directions to the letter of the law, it be nice if the law did the same.

#984 ·
Rest assured, their will be teeth from those of us who will be unjustly discriminated against and scammed outa $50. Now like the rest of you I am used to being raped by the government but it just so happens this is where I personaly am drawing the line. When my 45 days expire and I become a second class citizen in the state of wisconsin and continue to have to pay first class taxes I will be pissed. Someone call the better buisness beureu, report identity theft to the police department, Theft, robery, I dont even care if it has any merrit, it boggs down the DOJ and causes problems for other Govt departments. If each of us make a hundred phone calls and send a hundred letters a day to the DOJ, Wastes more of their time and puts them in a posisition sorting out our complaint letters from legitimate applications. If enuff of us did these things we would no longer be the minority, the DOJ would realy get backed up and we would have a lot more people who are not getting their permits. People just like us, angry and vengfull. Then things will happen. That said ill wait patiently for my 45 days before I go on the warpath which will probably accomplish nothing. I realy dont like government, but also, I do not know anybody who does and I know even fewer willing to accually remind govt. who is the boss (FYI, we the people are the boss). Hope I get it though cause I dont realy like being mad. :danceban:

Reactions: david2024
#985 ·
Mail comes at 2:30 for me, maby i can join the "I got mine so F*** the rest of you guys group"? I find it unlikly though. Ill keep you posted. Does anybody know the aproximate numbers on how many of the 11/1 guys are still without? Doubt anybody could possibly know except the DOJ and realy doubt they are bragging up the numbers? :rolleyes:

#1,041 ·
Word to the wise. I've been here a while and made this mistake myself. Most of you posting here are pretty new to this site. Admin is very anal pertaining to bad language, bad 4 letter words, personal attacks, and some sorts of politics. that last one is hard to define some days. Covering up a 4 letter word with one letter and three *** will not prevent you from being gigged. To many of these sort of warnings will get you booted of the site. Do not take it to personal as we've all (most) made one or two errors but do not make a point of it of this invaluable web site will not be available to you down the road. I'm not being righteous. I've done it to. Just trying to help you NOT make the same mistakes I've made.

Reactions: THEONLYGHOST
#987 ·
Hey yall, sorry ive been out for a while.... well here is my stats

Sent: Nov. 3 0630 dropped off at post office in West Allis.

Check cleared : Nov 15.

Permit: still isnt here

#997 ·
lol...i applied in december on purpose (wait until the crowd dies down and you only are supposed to wait 21 days) but my check is taking longer to cash then the nov 1st people! I bet it will take much longer than 21 days too... :/
interesting comment!, first the doj screws everything up because some stupid idiot or idiots messed up the order of submissions, than they try damage control and now they wont cash checks! Unless you sent it certified mail they can claim they didnt get until well whenever they want. Thats a good way to extend the 21 day limit! THE DMV COULD DO A BETTER JOB

#995 ·
LOL, Every day I still say today is the day. Its just now im running outa days and may have to begin to face reality here shortly, I like many of you have little faith in Govt doing anything rite. So no, "Not Realy" :wink:

#1,004 ·
Im betting the local media hasnt even picked up on any of this yet? I havnt seen anything? We need someone to spill the beans? Not sure if it would be considered newsworthy though? Im thinking that this will blow up when the 11/1 guys get the 45 days under their belt. Im not sure the DOJ can keep a lid on this? If it is as big as many of us suspect when it blows up in the DOJ's face im real curious what the damage controll will be. Im suspecting that the posts I am replying to here are pointing toward the DOJ possably prepairing for the backlash by giving themselves a little extra time to play with by not cashing checks? This all seems very plausable to me. Thier flipfloping on what is going on, the waiting to cash recent checks, Im not saying it is whats happening, but it sure looks like it. Im not a big conspiracy theorist but it all kinda points in that direction, dosnt it?

#1,006 ·
I honesty do not believe it has anything to do with are dark, seedy, criminal, distructive, nasty, antigovt, pro-anarchy pasts. LOL (Kidding) LOL, I rutinly buy pistols and I have never waited 39 days for the background check? I think the screw up at the DOJ is probably far worse than they first admitted to. Back before they started with the lies, denials, and rude replies.

#1,007 ·
Gun Free Zone

This Utube is a classic and a must watch for all:yup::
Gun Free Zones - 1/2 Hour News Hour - YouTube

To answer someone's question as to what would happen if the CCW law was repealed. If you mean the entire law, we would not be able to legally carry anymore. Our fight will never be over. The "They's" will always be after gun control/banning.

#1,011 ·
This Utube is a classic and a must watch for all:yup::
Gun Free Zones - 1/2 Hour News Hour - YouTube

To answer someone's question as to what would happen if the CCW law was repealed. If you mean the entire law, we would not be able to legally carry anymore. Our fight will never be over. The "They's" will always be after gun control/banning.
Good video breaks up the madness

#1,008 ·
Like I said in an earlir post. When my 45 days are up, if I have not recieved a permit or denial, I will begin to carry concealed regardless, I lived up to my end of the bargain, dont believe they can find a jury in Wisconsin to convict me under these circumstances? So after 45 days, catch me if you can DOJ. I wish you luck.

Reactions: david2024
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.