Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is getting sick now, i just called when last week they answered the phone, now all calls go to voice mail.. tried more than ...

Page 22 of 296 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

pps
    This is getting sick now, i just called when last week they answered the phone, now all calls go to voice mail.. tried more than once, left a message, telling them are Wisconsin concealed Carry Reform Group demands and answer..groups.yahoo.com/group/wisconsinconcealedcarryreform/

Something is not right...

2. Remove Ads

pps
    clam down, they made a statement..they use that 45 days every time they talk to someone, that's not it, I'm thinking government, and unauthorized checks that they should not be doing...so far the only people getting them are squeky clean people and names that are not associated.. another tactic because they could not implement full control over those emergency rules..

I called again today and she said it normally takes 10-14 BUSINESS days to receive the permit or denial letter. She said they open the letters make sure everything is there, cash the checks, send to background check, then to the dept to print, then ship.

pps
    Then I would have mine, no denial letter no nothing, sounds like the took the whole week off.

No joy again today.

pps
    [QUOTE=pps;2088138]clam down, they made a statement..they use that 45 days every time they talk to someone, that's not it, I'm thinking government, and unauthorized checks that they should not be doing...so far the only people getting them are squeky clean people and names that are not associated.. another tactic because they could not implement full control over those emergency rulesee..[/QUOT

Calm down...??
    Quit reading emotion into messgaes ..
    You can only go by what they state
    Processed in order of recieved...that's what they said
    If they did that then it should be here unless they are doing in authorized background checks and I have no record other than my name like most

I come here to see what permit numbers have been issued most recently and all I've been seeing is page after page of whining! Give it a rest! When it hits 45 days then whine! If it was me answering the phones I would be taking down the names of the geniuses that keep calling and keep tossing them to the back of the pile! Leave them alone and they might actually get a few more permits out!

I agree with Jerp.

The day after Thanksgiving was my turning point. On that day my attitude began to show that it'll come when it comes and I can't do anything about it. I got worked up over reading how everyone was getting theirs in two business days and assumed that I would be the same scenario. Truth is that I was not. I waited 10 days for my permit to arrive in mail after the check was cashed.

Everyone will have a different outcome, but one thing is more true than the rest. If we wished for a speedier outcome we would've drove to Madison the day of and handed it to them like one individual did from Milwaukee. That would've ensured the application would've been in front of the surge of letters coming in with in the next following days. Given that all into consideration like also many have pointed out and that the DoJ has pointed out. They have up to 45 days to process your application with a response. That 45 days isn't from the day you mail it. It'll start from the day they begin to process it.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    I agree with Jerp.

The day after Thanksgiving was my turning point. On that day my attitude began to show that it'll come when it comes and I can't do anything about it. I got worked up over reading how everyone was getting theirs in two business days and assumed that I would be the same scenario. Truth is that I was not. I waited 10 days for my permit to arrive in mail after the check was cashed.

Everyone will have a different outcome, but one thing is more true than the rest. If we wished for a speedier outcome we would've drove to Madison the day of and handed it to them like one individual did from Milwaukee. That would've ensured the application would've been in front of the surge of letters coming in with in the next following days. Given that all into consideration like also many have pointed out and that the DoJ has pointed out. They have up to 45 days to process your application with a response. That 45 days isn't from the day you mail it. It'll start from the day they begin to process it.
    Agreement with Jerp also. I mailed my app on Nov 1st, from the Depere PO. Two stamps. Check cashed on Nov 8th. Still nothing for me. Today was my breaking point and I decided that I would call down there and see if it was sent and I did not receive it. But I read these latests posts. You are right. They have 45 days and that is the law. Why mine is taking so long and others who mailed in later than me have their permits already is a mystery. All of the fun and excitement of checking the mail has passed, and each day just leads to frustration for me. It is affecting my mood. I now am to the point that the letter will come in the 45 day span, I will not call and bug them, and hopefully they will get more permits out rather than answering telephones. To all my fellow Wisconsinites: WE ARE LIVING IN GREAT TIMES MY FRIENDS. ENJOY OUR NEW CONCEALED CARRY RIGHTS, STAY SAFE, AND USE YOUR HEAD IN ANY TYPE OF CONFRONTATION. This was a very long time coming, let's not have any blurbs against our pro-gun agenda. We definitely need to show the anti-gunners of this State that we are a safe, responsible, law abiding group. And to those who posted that they will carry into a business that has a 'No Weapons' sign displayed, think of the message that reflects on us. They clearly do not endorse our new rights. THEN CLEARLY DO NOT PATRONIZE THAT BUSINESS!! In this tough economy they will feel the pain that we are a very large group of consumers and one hand washes the other. To all of the others wiaiting on their permits like me-----hopefully tomorrow is the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogluvr View Post
    And to those who posted that they will carry into a business that has a 'No Weapons' sign displayed, think of the message that reflects on us. They clearly do not endorse our new rights. THEN CLEARLY DO NOT PATRONIZE THAT BUSINESS!!
    Not only that, but in my eyes they are hypocrites. Reason is they made it clear that they will break the law. I ask this then. Why are they applying for a license? They don't need a license to break the law. They need a license to follow the law.

My job puts me in many businesses and police stations. You can rest assure that when I see a sign or know the law I will honor that. If I don't, then I'm no better than the thug walking down the street with his pants almost falling off his butt and a gun tucked in his shirt.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

update

Here's my update after being denied for D M V not having my dl address same as my residence. Mailed it on Nov.2nd , check cleared on the 13th ,denial letter came on the 17th. After the holidays got my address taken care of with D M V . Mailed new form with copy of training and copy of denial letter for a no charge for background check . Today is the 28th ,we'll see how long it takes for a response !

I was that individual (reference comment #323) that drove to Madison from Milwaukee/Brookfield at 0600 on 11/01 & got permit # 39 in the mail on Wednesday 11/02. See my previous post #276 on or about page 18 for that whole story. Remember Guys, 80,000 applications were downloaded that first day. 20,000 arrived by Friday 11/04. Every (TMJ) The Milwaukee Journal Newspaper article updates the numbers issued a little higher. TMJ estimated possibly 200,000 based on the expirences of other states in a article last August. I'm NOT Gloating here, but after being a part of that Concealed Carry Movement for 15 years of which former State Senator Dave Zein & Jim Fendry were the "Patron Saints", I vowed to myself then years ago I would take that pre-dawn ride the day the Concealed Carry Law took effect. Had I been working I would have scheduled a vacation day, worked a double shift, what ever it took I wanted to be there, and nothing short of death was going to stop me! I stood up in the Senate Gallories and watched the Gov. Doyle (D) veto over ride failure TWICE. I testified on (7) different occassions in Madison on many different 2nd Amendment Issues to include NFA Weapons and even the desacrasion of Wisconsin Gulf War Veteran's Funerals by that Kansas Baptist Group.
    I did'nt just go to be first in line (although that was a big part of it), I also went to bring closure to an effort and a topic that spanned 1/7th of my estimated life. I felt great walking past those demonstrators, crying "no guns here, peace zone, and singing songs. I actually missed the absence of PETA, as they usually put on a laughably great show (they dressed as raw meat at the MKE Cargil Plant last summer). So yea, I got my permit, but that permit chase was the goal, the determination, and the elusive target, brought to conclusion. It was like going thru the process (6 to 9 months) of getting a DCM M-1 Garand from the US Government in the 1990's, or watching the same buck get away for 5 years, only to get him the 6th year when both of he and I were the same physical age.
    All of you think of the last time you anticipated something in the mail like this!!!! Bet it was like Christmas when you were 5 years old. With any luck at all, you will have this Concealed Carry Permit well BEFORE Christmas. I wish you all well!

November 29,2011 @ 09:45 Central Standard Time

UPDATE : 45,000ish applications received.
    UPDATE : 15,000ish permits issued.
    UPDATE : 29,000ish in process.

Some of the background checks are taking longer for qualified people with minor issues.
    To the best of their ability, they (DOJ) are processing in the order received.
    Still seeing application mistakes.

IF YOU CALL THEM......... BE NICE !!!!
    Last edited by AIRWAR; November 29th, 2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by califr View Post
    Anybodys check clear the 17th, and have their permit yet?
    My wife's ,she got her saturday. Still waiting for mine,check cleared the same day.

AZ vs WI

Here may be some perspective on turn around time. On 10/21/2011 my wife and I took the ccw course in Arizona. We both mailed in the Arizona applications
    on 10/23/2011 with postal money orders, not checks. We both received our AZ permits on 11/22/2011, about a month. On 11/01/2011 we both mailed the WI applications, again with postal money orders. Assuming 4 days for Wisconsin to receive them we are maybe in the first 20,000 applications. If a state that has been doing this for something like 3 years takes a month, those with WI permits already should be pleased. I expect mine sometime in the next two weeks. In any case, WI does have the 45 days. Both the AZ and WI permits are good when traveling in other states. I do find it interesting that I can now carry in some 30 other states, just not the one I live in.
    Last edited by vincent2sum; November 29th, 2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: misspelled word

That's Nice But...

Quote Originally Posted by vincent2sum View Post
    Here may be some perspective on turn around time. On 10/21/2011 my wife and I took the ccw course in Arizona. We both mailed in the Arizona applications
    on 10/23/2011 with postal money orders, not checks. We both received our AZ permits on 11/22/2011, about a month. On 11/01/2011 we both mailed the WI applications, again with postal money orders. Assuming 4 days for Wisconsin to receive them we are maybe in the first 20,000 applications. If a state that has been doing this for something like 3 years takes a month, those with WI permits already should be pleased. I expect mine sometime in the next two weeks. In any case, WI does have the 45 days. Both the AZ and WI permits are good when traveling in other states. I do find it interesting that I can now carry in some 30 other states, just not the one I live in.

I dropped off my application at a sheriffs office in MN and had the permit back in less than 1 week. The problem here is the greed in Madison. They should have issued the permits through the sheriffs office where you live then the applications would have been spread out over many processing locations. Of course this couldn't happen or the money would be spread around the state and not concentrated in Madison. I cannot believe that JB is the "Top Cop" in this state and is so poorly organized for processing these applications that they cannot even come close to keeping them in order. No method of tracking when an application is shipped is a dangerous thing. Obviously anyone that wants to steal a permit just has to check mail for anything from DOJ. They steal identities this way every day. There was more than enough time to prepare for the "huge" number of applications that they knew were coming. You guys think complaining is going to do any good if they go past the 45 days? There are no teeth in the law. What happens if they go past 45 days? Absolutely nothing... you just get to keep on waiting.

Links