Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How are you guys finding out when it was received an processed? I'm online every few hours to see if they took out for my ...

Page 220 of 296 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

  1. #3286
    New Member Array stm250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UG, WI
    Posts
    12
    How are you guys finding out when it was received an processed? I'm online every few hours to see if they took out for my check yet on my banks website. But as far as everything else I have no idea. Thanks

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #3287
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,081
    "Fred" update no permit yet has been only since Monday. Since we are well past the holidays I see lots of people taking the classes and I believe they are going thru the application stages now. So I would expect a slight delay. The "sweet spot" date to apply was early in Jan where several got within a week. Based on the other sites I looked at and people that I talked to right now about 2 weeks turn around now. Thats great since I waited over 60 days. They are way ahead of the 21 days. Remember its from the date they get it not the day you drop in the mail or pull out of the mail box. Mine was 3-4 days each way in the mail to Madison. If you want it faster then hand deliver it or pay for overnight postage. I think they are doing a great job. Yes it has some bumps but they are well past.

  4. #3288
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,224
    We are going to have to throw a party for Fred when this is all done. That man has been hang on a long time

  5. #3289
    Member Array mjb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    From what I've seen of late, The numbers are between 66K & 70K. Seems as though they have gotten pretty much caught up.
    A fellow coworker got his this week #67xxx. Sent it 2 weeks ago.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

  6. #3290
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761
    Quote Originally Posted by stm250 View Post
    How are you guys finding out when it was received an processed? I'm online every few hours to see if they took out for my check yet on my banks website. But as far as everything else I have no idea. Thanks
    Sadly there is no way of finding out the exact date the DOJ receives an application. To be on the safe side you can use 3 days after mailing.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

  7. #3291
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

  8. #3292
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,224
    I talked to Brian O'Keefe yesterday at DOJ he said they are really up to speed now and he felt over all they had done a good job considering the large number that came in over a short period of time. Sadly there are other issue we will be dealing with and some are starting to simmer now.
    Keep up the fight we have not won yet encourage others to apply. I am tracking 3 now. One that was suppose to be mail on the 30 is still sitting on the table will be mailed today.
    Jim mailed 30 Jan
    Harold mailed 31 Jan
    Amanda will get mailed TODAY 4 Feb.

  9. #3293
    New Member Array feliciacg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    5
    Hello, I didn't read all 200+ pages but after skimming the last 5 or so it looks like people sending theirs in last last month are already getting theirs back. I sent mine and my husbands in NOV 20th, checks cashed on the NOV 30th, my husband got his 46 days later (3 weeks ago) I am still waiting, today is day number 67 since the check was cashed. I've looked in the FAQ's for the concealed carry law and I can't find anything saying what I can do if my permit it taking an excessively long time. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm a 25 year old law abiding citizen, took hunters safety last august, no misdemeanors or anything to look into. I can't figure out why this is taking so long. I called my local representative on day 46 and he said they were backed up and to be patient. There are people applying and receiving theirs before me so my patience is wearing thin.

  10. #3294
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by feliciacg View Post
    Hello, I didn't read all 200+ pages but after skimming the last 5 or so it looks like people sending theirs in last last month are already getting theirs back. I sent mine and my husbands in NOV 20th, checks cashed on the NOV 30th, my husband got his 46 days later (3 weeks ago) I am still waiting, today is day number 67 since the check was cashed. I've looked in the FAQ's for the concealed carry law and I can't find anything saying what I can do if my permit it taking an excessively long time. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm a 25 year old law abiding citizen, took hunters safety last august, no misdemeanors or anything to look into. I can't figure out why this is taking so long. I called my local representative on day 46 and he said they were backed up and to be patient. There are people applying and receiving theirs before me so my patience is wearing thin.
    You are way over due you need to call the DOJ a few have been mailed to wrong address they will speed it up if there was an error

  11. #3295
    New Member Array feliciacg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    5
    *sigh* Ok, that will have to wait till Monday since the office is closed...I'll be calling the general DOJ number to Van Hollens office unless there's a special CCW telephone line to call?

  12. #3296
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by feliciacg View Post
    *sigh* Ok, that will have to wait till Monday since the office is closed...I'll be calling the general DOJ number to Van Hollens office unless there's a special CCW telephone line to call?
    They will help you out. Of course they do not give out much over the phone but it will get you back on track. They have been very good at helping fix issues. Remember be nice on the phone
    608-266-1221

  13. #3297
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,081
    "Freds"check was cashed on Wed. So he will have a permit soon!

    My other friends took the class today. They are going to send the applications next week. They took a class that was paid for by the owner of the company they work for. They are going to the range next sat for some live shooting. Then they get a certificate from the instructor. I will be able to keep track of his app and the mrs. once he sends if off. I am looking forward to going gun shopping with him. He asked me today if I would go look at guns with him and help him pick one out.

  14. #3298
    New Member Array Oldscout66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Central wisconsin
    Posts
    9
    I can finally give you all my status. I sent my application in on the 23rd of January. The check was cashed on the 27th. The permit was issued on the 1st of February and I received the permit today, February 4th. My permit number is 69xxx.

    To STM250 who asked how do you know when they start processing your paperwork, your only guide will be when the check was cashed. As far as the issue date, I had no clue until I read it on my permit.

    My son was one of the first to apply in November and by the time they processed his they had processed over 15,000.
    Crowman likes this.

  15. #3299
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    "Freds"check was cashed on Wed. So he will have a permit soon!

    My other friends took the class today. They are going to send the applications next week. They took a class that was paid for by the owner of the company they work for. They are going to the range next sat for some live shooting. Then they get a certificate from the instructor. I will be able to keep track of his app and the mrs. once he sends if off. I am looking forward to going gun shopping with him. He asked me today if I would go look at guns with him and help him pick one out.
    So when is Freds party I sure he will be the last one that first applied in NOV to get his .
    Don't be in a rush check out Fleet farm they have been beating everyone with their sales they rotate the weapons that come up on sale .
    Ended today one deal was S&W Body Guard 38SP with factory laser 439 and you recieved a 50 dollar gift card. That was less than Other sale price even without the gift card.
    This week Spring field XD 40 464.00

  16. #3300
    Member Array marko54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by feliciacg View Post
    *sigh* Ok, that will have to wait till Monday since the office is closed...I'll be calling the general DOJ number to Van Hollens office unless there's a special CCW telephone line to call?
    Hopefully it wasnt lost in the mail or delivered to the wrong house

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

after the wisconsin doj cashes your check when will i get my ccw permit
,

where is my ccw wi

,

where is my wisconsin ccw permit

,
wisconsin ccw permit processing time
,

wisconsin ccw permit time

,

wisconsin ccw permit turn around time

,

wisconsin ccw time

,
wisconsin ccw turnaround
,
wisconsin concealed carry
,
wisconsin concealed carry permit waiting time
,
wisconsin concealed carry wait time
,

wisconsin defensive carry forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.