Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rugerdog77 Be sure to watch WAOW TV 9 at ten monday night. They are going to have a report about 3 months ...

Page 222 of 296 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 4431
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    Be sure to watch WAOW TV 9 at ten monday night. They are going to have a report about 3 months of conceald carry in wisconsin. Hmmmmm I wonder what that report will consist of.
    Would like to watch it but will not get that channel here.
    take notes.

2. Remove Ads

I'm helping however I can to get the #'s up. A bunch of people I work with have been bombarding me with ?'s on how to get a permit and how the general laws work. So far there are 5 more people in the process of getting their training and paperwork in order. After all there's power in #'s.

#55???
    Crowman likes this.

I've talked to a few very close friends suggesting they apply for a permit, I do not like revealing that I have one. One simple basic truth is people talk, which may at some point might cause a problem for me. "Highly unlikely" but an increase none the less. I have one friend who wants his for the sole reason of it's a right. The vast majority have had propaganda for 30 + years pumped into there heads from grade school and up and still today the anti gun message is loud an very clear. The DOJ looks to be peaking and there is a countinued steady pace of applications being issued. The biggest issue is the political mindset in Madison. They won't try and repeal the law, they want your vote! What the left will do is burn the candle on both ends! they will slowly over time add provisions restricting your rights. The upcoming recall election and future elections will require each person who values their rights to research and learn the "TRUE" positions there canidate holds and stop voting on party affiliations! or who your union backs!
    rstanek, Nova63 and hdman97 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova63 View Post
    I'm helping however I can to get the #'s up. A bunch of people I work with have been bombarding me with ?'s on how to get a permit and how the general laws work. So far there are 5 more people in the process of getting their training and paperwork in order. After all there's power in #'s.

#55???
    Print the DOJ's info page and have them on hand to answer questions. give the web page address out as well.

Yes I'm telling them to go to the DOJ site to answer any of the more complicated questions,I'm not in anyway a lawyer by any means. Just telling them what states are giving reciprocity and stuff like that. I definitely don't want to be the one to give out bad unintentional advice.

In-depth: Concealed Carry Wisconsin - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Here is the WAOW TV 9 report on conceald carry that aired last night.
    WD54241 likes this.

I'd say the news report went rather well for the most part. Answers questions on this page about numbers etc. Of course they had to put the anti gun lady's position on the air but they countered it with the statement that it's the person without a permit that you have to worry about. They could have also stated that the Aldis store while posted was not in the proper location. I really liked they stated that no county has reported any violations to date! Yeah!!
    rugerdog77 likes this.

I called the DOJ yesterday, they were super helpful! I scanned and emailed them (new app, copies of the two cashed checks and my hunters safety card) yesterday and it was processed through, I should have a permit within 2 weeks, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for the end of this week! Thanks everyone for your help!

I mailed them my check and application one week ago (1/31). The check still has not been cashed. I sure hope I get this soon! It seems like people are getting their checks cashed within just a few days of mailing on here.

VIP Member
    Adbro
    I don't think it matters so much any more about the check cashed date. I believe the checks go into one bin and the apps into another. They cash the check even if you are turned down. I hope you made copies of your application and sent it priority mail with delivery confirmation. Then you can see what date the post man put it into the PO box in Madison. I am sure you will get it very soon. Take if from an over 50 day waiter. Now I never leave home with out it. Please make sure to post your time frame info once you get your permit. You can omit the the last couple numbers on the license. there are lots of people watching the permits numbers right now. Also from Waukesha it was 3 days each way in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by feliciacg View Post
    I called the DOJ yesterday, they were super helpful! I scanned and emailed them (new app, copies of the two cashed checks and my hunters safety card) yesterday and it was processed through, I should have a permit within 2 weeks, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for the end of this week! Thanks everyone for your help!
    Did you save the email on your system??? As far as I can remember on this thread YOU are the first person whom they allowed to email information to them!!! Congrat's on that.. They seem more interested in speeding the process along.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    In-depth: Concealed Carry Wisconsin - WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports

Here is the WAOW TV 9 report on conceald carry that aired last night.
    Gotta love the WAVE chic they interviewed. "Anytime you introduce more firearms into a locality, you're actually increasing the likelihood that shots will be fired." With that logic we should never hire another LEO anywhere in this country. I really believe these antis think that even a gun in the hands of a decent human being is just as bad as a gun in the hands of a thug criminal. They are unable to make the distinction. Only logic will tell that the vast majority of gun crime is committed with illegally obtained weapons by people who are not allowed to possess them. So Ms. Bonavia, don't lump us good citizens who own firearms in with those bad guys just to give you all these anti-gun warm fuzzies you have inside you.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Did you save the email on your system??? As far as I can remember on this thread YOU are the first person whom they allowed to email information to them!!! Congrat's on that.. They seem more interested in speeding the process along.
    "Fred" also got an email from them. He is the guy whos entire application has been missing since late November. We expect his new permit by the Weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Adbro
    I don't think it matters so much any more about the check cashed date. I believe the checks go into one bin and the apps into another. They cash the check even if you are turned down. I hope you made copies of your application and sent it priority mail with delivery confirmation. Then you can see what date the post man put it into the PO box in Madison. I am sure you will get it very soon. Take if from an over 50 day waiter. Now I never leave home with out it. Please make sure to post your time frame info once you get your permit. You can omit the the last couple numbers on the license. there are lots of people watching the permits numbers right now. Also from Waukesha it was 3 days each way in the mail.
    Well, I just sent it via normal mail. I look on my bank online to see if the check has been cashed or not--I assume before sending my CCW out, they will need to cash the check to make sure it's valid. A week seems like a long time for that to me.

West Allis pays $30,000 to man arrested for wearing gun
    West Allis pays $30,000 to man arrested for wearing gun - JSOnline
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Links