Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SoleShtr I bought a M&P pistol in December online from Buds. The FFL that did the transfer had to wait the full ...

Page 224 of 297 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 4444
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    I bought a M&P pistol in December online from Buds. The FFL that did the transfer had to wait the full 2 days to get my approval. Granted being just before Christmas a good number of guns are being bought as gifts. The guy who did the transfer said that ever since concealed carry started in November, he has called the Handgun Hotline and has to let the phone ring for 10 minutes sometimes before someone will pickup the phone. He never had a problem talking to someone in Madison before November. This a great problem to have!
    I find that strange because in December I bought 4 hand guns as gifts each at different times a Fleet farm the back round checks was were done in minutes while I was there.
    You know it is done because they enter a number on the paper work as soon as they give it to them.
    It is enjoyable to watch so many being called in while your shopping:)

2. Remove Ads

US Attorney Gen. Holder tells Congress the Obama administration wants to ban guns

Holder let Congress know that the Obama administration is still working toward the day when it can reinstate former President Bill Clinton’s so-called “assault weapons” ban. According to Holder:
    This administration has consistently favored the reinstitution of the assault weapons ban. It is something that we think was useful in the past with regard to the reduction that we’ve seen in crime, and certainly would have a positive impact on our relationship and the crime situation in Mexico.

While Mexico certainly has a problem with crime. I have to ask why the US needs to make laws for the benefit of Mexico (there crime) at the expense of its citizens rights under the constitution.

Read more: Holder tells Congress the Obama administration wants to ban guns | The Daily Caller
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Interesting stories, but please keep the postings to those dealing with CCW license information. We have other areas here for you to post these very interesting pieces. Thank you.
    MrMeanor likes this.

I haven't responded lately but have been reading this thread, it appears that permits a moving along better now than a month or so ago. Congrats to everyone who has received a permit and to those whom are still waiting, be patience and it will happen. It is worth the wait.

Mailed Nov 2
    checked cashed Nov 17
    Permit recieved Dec 17

I never leave home without my weapon.

Practice Practice Pratice Practice

Be safe

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Holder let Congress know that the Obama administration is still working toward the day when it can reinstate former President Bill Clinton’s so-called “assault weapons” ban. According to Holder:
    This administration has consistently favored the reinstitution of the assault weapons ban. It is something that we think was useful in the past with regard to the reduction that we’ve seen in crime, and certainly would have a positive impact on our relationship and the crime situation in Mexico.

While Mexico certainly has a problem with crime. I have to ask why the US needs to make laws for the benefit of Mexico (there crime) at the expense of its citizens rights under the constitution.

Read more: Holder tells Congress the Obama administration wants to ban guns | The Daily Caller
    Oh I have plenty to say on this! and believe me NONE of it is nice! After thinking I have decided to just make one statement. It's to early to get the blood pressure going, and saying something that may get me booted off the site! or worse a visit from the secret service and Obama's goon squad!! What's next Re-education Camps?

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 Abolished -- January 2013 (OBAMA'S 2nd term)

If that's what you want than stay at home in November! As for me all this hope and change crap has got to go!
    Last edited by WD54241; February 9th, 2012 at 08:29 AM.
    rstanek, rugerdog77 and Crowman like this.

Mailed: 1/26/12
    checked cashed: 2/4/12
    Permit in wallet: 2/9/12

Thanks guys appreciate all of your help and stories and so grateful I got my permit and we are able to share this experience finally together. Thanks Again yall. Scot
    Crowman and MrMeanor like this.

9 Days with no check cashed...

sorry license #709xx

Quote Originally Posted by stm250 View Post
    sorry license #709xx
    Almost 71,000 permits, a great start!!

its probably 71k now as mine was like right there haha
    Cyngen likes this.

Mailed: 1/26/12
    checked cashed: 2/4/12
    Permit in wallet: 2/9/12
    cashed on a saturday huh? weird.

how did you mail it?

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    Oh I have plenty to say on this! and believe me NONE of it is nice! After thinking I have decided to just make one statement. It's to early to get the blood pressure going, and saying something that may get me booted off the site! or worse a visit from the secret service and Obama's goon squad!! What's next Re-education Camps?

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 Abolished -- January 2013 (OBAMA'S 2nd term)

If that's what you want than stay at home in November! As for me all this hope and change crap has got to go!
    WD54241, now you went and done it. You are probably going to be "spanked" (or worse banned) by the original poster since they told use not to post or respond to such posts. Hmm, I might be also for posting this, oh well........

We were told to post such things in the other area in the forum. While this forum is good one it is also hard to find the right thread to post various articles. Example: The main thread for "Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions" has 12,473 sub threads consisting of 338,896 posts to them. There are a total of 10 main threads which consist of 1,000's of sub threads. This means that if one would want to keep track of the various threads they would have to bookmark/favorite them to access them easily.

I would think if the majority of posters to a thread have no issues with what is posted what is the harm of going somewhat off topic. On this thread I have seen posts about what gun to buy, what holster someone has, etc., and no one seemed upset over them. Also this thread is slowing dying out as the concern over getting permits is waning.
    rugerdog77 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    WD54241, now you went and done it. You are probably going to be "spanked" (or worse banned) by the original poster since they told use not to post or respond to such posts. Hmm, I might be also for posting this, oh well........

We were told to post such things in the area. While this forum is good one it is also hard to find the right thread to post various articles. Example: The main thread for "Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions" has 12,473 sub threads consisting of 338,896 posts to them. There are a total of 10 main threads which consist of 1,000's of sub threads.

I would think if the majority of posters to a thread have no issues with what is posted what is the harm of going somewhat off topic. On this thread I have seen posts about what gun to buy, what holster someone has, etc., and no one seemed upset over them.
    Yea I guess I'll be in the dog house. But I don't recall seeing it listed in the main forum! The (OP) could have requested it be removed or moved. I agree with you 100% many topics on this thread. In my defense I should have waited until the coffee was done brewing! But I'm not sorry for what I said! What I said was very SOFT compared to what I was thinking. It won't matter in a few years sites like this will be shut down when they strip our 1st Amendment rights.
    rugerdog77 likes this.

VIP Member
    its probably 71k now as mine was like right there haha
    I am glad you got your permit today! thanks for the update!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    cashed on a saturday huh? weird.

how did you mail it?
    I know several people who sent theirs with priority delivery confirmation and it took 3 days on most to get it from New Berlin to Madison. it goes to a PO box and I don't know if they empty a certain time of day or several times a day so it could sit in a PO Box for a couple of days on weekends. By the way the DOJ uses US Bank so that will be the bank that cashes your check. I still don't think the check cashing date matters that much. Early on I know 4 guys who sent on 11-1 and got permits in the 500 range in hand before the check cleared the their bank.
    I wish you would have sent with delivery confirmation. You get a tracking number and it tells you the day and time delivered.

Links