Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Awesome man congrats, hope my wifes permit come fast like ours did....

Page 227 of 297 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 4441
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Awesome man congrats, hope my wifes permit come fast like ours did.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    See the snow worked for you!!!!
    Yep!

Self defense ammo for .38 S&W Bodyguard and other snub nose 38's

If you carry an aluminum-frame snub nose .38 (e.g. S&W Model 38 Bodyguard, 642, 442, 37, or Colt Cobra) I urge you to carry a standard pressure (non +P) .38 round. The best standard pressure .38 load is the Federal 125 grain Nyclad lead hollowpoint (P38M). This P38M hollowpoint - known as the "Chief's Special load" - was specifically designed to expand at lower velocities and is the industry leader in standard pressure .38 rounds. Another acceptable standard pressure .38 load is the Winchester Silvertip 110 grain JHP (X38S9HP). A third possibility is the Federal Low Recoil Personal Defense 110 grain Hydra-Shok JHP load (PD38HS3 H) (Ammunition For The Self-Defense Firearm)

The Federal Premium .38 125gr NYCLAD HP - P38M (non +P) ammo is hard to find. I did find some on the internet at: Tactical Defense Solutions ($20.00 (plus shipping), 20 rounds)
    PISTOL AMMUNITION - Assorted Carry Ammo - FEDERAL PREMIUM .38 125GR NYCLAD HP - (P38M) - 20 ROUNDS

The .38 Special nyclad loading pushes the 125 grain hollow point at 830 fps for a muzzle energy of 191 ft-lbs. For someone that is especially recoil sensitive (such as someone who is arthritic), this is a mild recoiling cartridge that will reliably expand. It is a nylon clad soft lead hollow point which allows for less cleaning.

To view other recommended self defense ammo by size: Ammunition For The Self-Defense Firearm
    WD54241 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Hope today is a good day for others waiting the mail is coming.
    72000 Nice but we need a lot more if we want to keep the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    If you carry an aluminum-frame snub nose .38 (e.g. S&W Model 38 Bodyguard, 642, 442, 37, or Colt Cobra) I urge you to carry a standard pressure (non +P) .38 round. The best standard pressure .38 load is the Federal 125 grain Nyclad lead hollowpoint (P38M). This P38M hollowpoint - known as the "Chief's Special load" - was specifically designed to expand at lower velocities and is the industry leader in standard pressure .38 rounds. Another acceptable standard pressure .38 load is the Winchester Silvertip 110 grain JHP (X38S9HP). A third possibility is the Federal Low Recoil Personal Defense 110 grain Hydra-Shok JHP load (PD38HS3 H) ([url=http://www.chuckhawks.com/ammo_by_anonymous.htm]Ammunition For The Self-Defense Firearm[/

The Federal Premium .38 125gr NYCLAD HP - P38M (non +P) ammo is hard to find. I did find some on the internet at: Tactical Defense Solutions ($20.00 (plus shipping), 20 rounds)
    PISTOL AMMUNITION - Assorted Carry Ammo - FEDERAL PREMIUM .38 125GR NYCLAD HP - (P38M) - 20 ROUNDS

The .38 Special nyclad loading pushes the 125 grain hollow point at 830 fps for a muzzle energy of 191 ft-lbs. For someone that is especially recoil sensitive (such as someone who is arthritic), this is a mild recoiling cartridge that will reliably expand. It is a nylon clad soft lead hollow point which allows for less cleaning.

To view other recommended self defense ammo by size: Ammunition For The Self-Defense Firearm
    Recommend everyone print and save this information!! Answers most questions on ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Hope today is a good day for others waiting the mail is coming.
    72000 Nice but we need a lot more if we want to keep the right.
    NRA official: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term - Washington Times

im new to the forum but does anybody have a list of stores, restaurants, etc. .. that dont allow you to carry your concealed weapon? i went to hobo last weekend and noticed the sign so i wont be buying from them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sebas.38 View Post
    im new to the forum but does anybody have a list of stores, restaurants, etc. .. that dont allow you to carry your concealed weapon? i went to hobo last weekend and noticed the sign so i wont be buying from them anymore.
    "WI do not buy list". updated every couple months. There is also a section where you can add businesses that you find.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    Mailed: 1/31
    Check cashed: 1/9
    Permit in wallet: 2/10
    BRO,ADBRO! What did I tell you!

VIP Member
    "FRED" update!!!!!

FRED" GOT HIS PERMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Applied late Nov 2011
    Took Utah class and has Utah permit in hand
    Check never cashed
    Stop Payment on check
    Reapply 1-26 2012
    Check cashed ???
    Permit in Hand 2-10-12
    Permit # sorry forgot to get that ( got a text into him now) think he said high 71K

he is going to arrange a Florida out of state class and I will get my Florida permit with some others!
    Crowman likes this.

VIP Member
    Got another newbe to take a class next weekend. He is going to take a class on Sat Feb 18th was the soonest he could get in. He plans to send his app in that next monday!

I sent one of those gun picture email to some friends and he brought it up last night! Now most of my buddies will be armed!
    Crowman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    "FRED" update!!!!!

FRED" GOT HIS PERMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Applied late Nov 2011
    Took Utah class and has Utah permit in hand
    Check never cashed
    Stop Payment on check
    Reapply 1-26 2012
    Check cashed ???
    Permit in Hand 2-10-12
    Permit # sorry forgot to get that ( got a text into him now) think he said high 71K

he is going to arrange a Florida out of state class and I will get my Florida permit with some others!
    Party at Ferds house. Great news.

Check here wisconsingunowners.org
    What I do is sit down and write them a letter stating my case in a nice but clear manner, I also email them. Alone with some friends we have managed to change a few stores minds.
    Menards and Fleet farm do not post Fleet Farm has a sign welcoming your CC.

Example a restaurant we had planned on going to. To the manager and owner. Last night our family came to your door for a night out.
    My wife and I CC as do both sons and daughter. The 5 of of us would have spent between 200 and 250 on a full dinner. We have been here before.
    However you Posting of no firearms caused us to turn around and Go to the Blew Inn. We will not return as long as the sign is up.

Wisconsin Don't Buy List ( you can send in information for establishments that have no gun signs)
    Don’t Buy List | Wisconsin Gun Owners, Inc. (WGO) - Wisconsin's Only No-Compromise Gun Lobby - Wisconsin Gun Rights - Wisconsin Concealed Carry

List as of 02/07/12
    http://wisconsingunowners.org/wp-con...t-Buy-List.pdf
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

The Milwaukee Journal
    State Justice Department says it's caught up on concealed-carry applications
    e-mail print By Todd Richmond, Associated Press
    Feb. 11, 2012 11:34 a.m. |(
    3) Comments

Madison - State Justice Department officials say they've caught up with the deluge of concealed carry applications and are meeting turn-around deadlines again.

DOJ Division of Law Enforcement Administrator Brian O'Keefe said the agency was so overwhelmed with applications it couldn't meet its processing deadlines for most of January. But the agency has brought more workers on board to help with processing and the flow of applications has slowed, he said.

"We're meeting all of our obligations," O'Keefe said. "(It's) still a lot to process."

Under Wisconsin's new concealed carry law, people could start submitting permit applications to the Justice Department on Nov. 1. The agency is required to run a background check on each applicant and verify he or she has submitted proof of firearms training before issuing a permit. The law gives the agency 45 days to process applications received before Nov. 30 and 21 days to process applications received after that.

DOJ has scrambled to keep up with submissions since the first day the law took effect.

As of Feb. 6, the department's firearms unit has received 81,728 applications, an average of nearly 834 applications a day, and issued 71,058 permits. The unit received nearly 8,000 applications on one day, O'Keefe said.

Meanwhile, the unit has been overwhelmed with calls to its handgun hotline since the law took effect. Gun dealers call the hotline to initiate background checks on buyers; the firearms unit must complete those checks within 48 hours. The hotline recorded 13,023 calls in December, a new monthly record. Over the first six days of February the hotline received 3,500 calls, including 700 on Feb. 4 alone.

DOJ officials hired 11 additional workers to handle applications and hotline work, but two of them quit and only one was replaced. End-of-the-year holidays also slowed the unit's efforts.

O'Keefe pulled dozens of administrative workers from elsewhere within DOJ to help with concealed carry applications - the agency has spent $44,000 on overtime for application processing between November and January - but the unit still fell behind. It started missing deadlines on Dec. 29 and stayed behind for three weeks.

The unit caught up again on Jan. 21. Another 11 workers the agency hired on Jan. 3 finished their training and started helping around mid-month, O'Keefe said. The initial rush of application submissions slowed, too, from sometimes thousands a day to hundreds, he said.

The agency has now completed all the 45-day applications and nearly all the workers pulled from other assignments have returned to their regular duties, O'Keefe said.

DOJ spokeswoman Dana Brueck said she couldn't provide any figures on how many permits were delayed or for how long, although she said some applicants had to wait an additional four or five days.

The agency doesn't face any formal sanctions for missing the deadlines.
    My WI. CCW Permit Statistics
    Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: .............. 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: .... 11/02/2011

Links