Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CRAMER: On the right side of the bullet - Washington Times Mayor Bloomberg fires blanks in anti-gun crusade | The Daily Caller...

Page 228 of 296 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4440
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

WD54241 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

WD54241 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    That is very good news, 11 new employees. Turn around lags should no longer be much of an issue. Any future issues will in all likely hood be for filling out application wrong or common names on the back ground checks.
    rugerdog77 likes this.

What it means is we need to get a few friends and family members to apply in the 70-80K range is no time to be slowing down.
    Was at Gander Mountain with my daughter In Deforest tonight she wanted a new holster ask me to go along. The Gun section was the best show in town.
    Daughter with a CC great daughter with a CC asking you to take a drive holster shopping PRICELESS
    Lets not lose this right.
    rstanek likes this.

I'm hoping to get mine this week or next. After that I will be getting a LCR to keep in my coat pocket.

Surprisingly I have not had anyone really ask me about getting a carry permit. I am going to talk to my mom about getting one because she is getting older and has developed some disabilities. That coupled with going into work at 2am is just not a good combo.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Application mailed: 01/28/12
    And received today!

I took the dog out and just as an afterthought checked the mail. Saw a letter from the DOJ and got a on my face. As I had went outside to let the dog out and warm up the truck to go get gas and pizza, I quickly kitted up and we (dog, friend and myself) took off. I didn't feel nervous, I was actually very happy that I was finally able to defend myself and those I care about.
    Crowman and MrMeanor like this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

VIP Member
    I got a Milwaukee high school teacher to get into a ccw class. I got a "lefty"going for his license!!!!!!

He is a great guy has a 38 Taurus.

looking forward to going to the range with him on his journey. ( by the way his wife is not happy about it)

I can't believe it my Dad who turns 60 next week and who has never bought or ownd a gun (except for the single six I gave him for his 50th and is still new in the box) Went out last week and bought a Ruger SR9. he says he doesn't think he will get a conceald carry permit but I'm going to keep on him about training I would love to have him a member of the sheep dog community. Anyway my point is I hope a large portion of the gun purchase boom are from people like him. I feel this is going to give our firearm and conceald carry rights a tremendous boost in strenght.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerdog77 View Post
    The Journal Sentinel has a story about this as well. Two of the new hires quit. They must have been conscientious objectors. LOL.

State Justice Department says it's caught up on concealed-carry applications - JSOnline

Nov. 1, 2011 — February 10, 2012 = 96 business days

Permits issued as of February 10, 2012: 71,058

This averages out to 740.19 permits issued per business day
    rstanek likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Husband and Wife that live near here ask me about CC last week I explained it to them. Neither have even owned a hand gun. Signed them up for the 6 Hour course at Gander Mountain they will go together on the 24th. They picked out and bough her 9mm last night he is still looking. Made arrangement for his Wife to meet up and do some work with her new weapon with my daughter she will be ready for the class.
    This is how we bring new people in.
    Prentice likes this.

O'Keefe pulled dozens of administrative workers from elsewhere within DOJ to help with concealed carry applications - the agency has spent $44,000 on overtime for application processing between November and January - but the unit still fell behind. It started missing deadlines on Dec. 29 and stayed behind for three weeks.
    If you do the math on the 81K carry permit applications the DOJ has brought in almost $4.1 million dollars!! Plus all the extra money from background checks! This is a big boon for the DOJ.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I got a Milwaukee high school teacher to get into a ccw class. I got a "lefty"going for his license!!!!!!

He is a great guy has a 38 Taurus.

looking forward to going to the range with him on his journey. ( by the way his wife is not happy about it)
    I meant to say he is a "left" handed shooter

With out telling people that I have a permit, I like to bring up the subject in conversation and they have many times said they were at least tempted to get the license. Now the door is open!

With license fees, Taxes on Gun sales that are off the charts. People spending money for classes, buying ammo and all the other extras, Gun safes oil ,cases sites ,it goes on for a page.
    In door ranges opening up people spending on that. I am betting in a few months when it is looked at it will be a big contributor to the state.
    I know places like Fleet Farm and gander are doing well the small Gun shops in Milwaukee area are seeing a steady flow of people in the door.
    Keep it up we are just getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    With license fees, Taxes on Gun sales that are off the charts. People spending money for classes, buying ammo and all the other extras, Gun safes oil ,cases sites ,it goes on for a page.
    In door ranges opening up people spending on that. I am betting in a few months when it is looked at it will be a big contributor to the state.
    I know places like Fleet Farm and gander are doing well the small Gun shops in Milwaukee area are seeing a steady flow of people in the door.
    Keep it up we are just getting started.
    Well how's that for job creating (nationwide too)!!!!!!

Links