Defensive Carry banner

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

461K views 4K replies 397 participants last post by  sdprof 
#1 ·
I know this is day one for submitting applications, but why not start a thread to see just how long WI takes to review, background check, and issue CCW permits. If you get ANY action, post it, and keep it going to the top. Wisconsin, boldly going where only 48 other states have gone before!

#1,013 ·
Not entirly sure about that, I have never broke the law and the DOJ is severly impeding my right to defend myself. I do not believe they have the right to pick and choose who gets a permit and who dosnt except within the construct of the law. Why are my rights lesser than someone putting in for the permit in December? Im not asking for anything that I am not entiteld to within the current cc law. A simple permit or denial within the alloted 45 day will do. Who knows maby it will come today? Maby they will issue a reasonable reason for the delay? But because of their current stance on the issue I sincerely doubt it. That said, You very well may be right, maby a jury would convict, least I got the brass to stand up for whats rite. To be quite honest I will probably rairly if ever carry. I have no enimies, and rairly even make it into town. But its the point! This is a right that has been a long wait and Ill be damned if im not getting my permit like the next guy? I am a citizen, I pay taxes (and a lot of them), I have a squeeky clean record, go to church on sunday and now Im being asked to sit in the back of the bus. Sorry, im a little more interesting than that. But hey, their is realy no reason to argue, and I understand your point, you may verry well be right, I still have at least a week before the DOJ is in default and this discusion would be without merrit if they came through for me. But I am a stickler for civil rights as well as the rest aforded by the constitutuin and I believe I have a moral resposability to protect my rights. However few they may be in this day and age. Lets just hope I get it in time. Im not a guy waiting for an opportunity to break the law. believe me.

#1,014 ·
Do not carry concealed without the permit. However open carry is legal and that may be exactly what I may do.

Nothing again today.

My gut is telling me the DOJ lost a pile of applications it would be to much work and political suicide to admit it. So they let the 45 days go by we send the certified letter complaining they are not in compliance with the law. They get our name and info so now they process the applications without admitting they lost them to begin with. This is what my gut is telling me.

#1,016 ·
I for one will send a registered letter but I will not put all my information in that letter...SS#, Birthdate, names previously used in that letter...I will however put my name, address and phone # and a copy of my cashed check in the letter. I will expect them to contact me with an explanation of why I did not receive my a denial letter or my permit within the 45 days per the law...I do expect either a denial letter or permit within 3 days of receipt of that letter!!

#1,015 ·
Also let me be clear I am by no means advising others to do this, because it is a little more than a risky endevor, some may even call it poor judgment, Just certain things are worth a sit in the pen if necessary. (I am by no means, and certainly do not want to give the impression that I would use the firearm in any way to get my way, simply carrying it would be my civil disobediance) Id be lying to you if that wasnt my conviction. Also remember, a firearm is nothing more than a tool, try not to put more into a man carying one than that. I grew up in the middle of know where where I basicly shot every day sience I was 6 years old. I know that a gun is nothing more than an extension of the man carying it. Realy, should we even need a permit? I understand your concern and hope you understand mine.

#1,019 ·
Gret news guys! Just checked the mail! X-mas cards, house and insurance bills, local paper, no cc permit. Looks like I get to talk with you fine people a little longer. Im going to wrap some x-mas presents. Take my mind of of it.

#1,020 ·
Great thinking, I will do the same. Maby it will get to the botom of this? I was tempted to just resubmitt with another $50 but that leaves a nasty tast in my mouth. I will tell you that weather or not I get my permit in the short time they have left I will not abandon the rest of you on this issue. If someone organizes some sort of a plan or movement I will participate.

#1,023 ·
Agreed! send a registered letter on day 45 after checking your mail, all you need to include is a copy of the check you sent them the date it was sent and your return address. I'm wondering if the possibility does exist that they did in fact lose some applications? The postings the other day by a pro DOJ fan made it clear that it's very possible that all our applications required deeper checking. In the same breath I suggest that perhaps the DOJ lost our applications using his logic. There is no excuse for this delay none what so ever. I've purchased 3 firearms within the past 2 months and the check took 5 mins! clearly something is up! and to those who say other wise the burden of proof is on the state to justify there delay. If they couldnt complete our check in 37/38 days than what makes you think they will complete one in 21 days! TOTAL BS.

#1,024 ·
Wish I got a Fashion Bug Flier. Not sur how well it would work presenting it to the police instead of a cc permitt. Something tells me their is no fashion bug where they would take you? LOL, :smile:

#1,026 ·
Here is my story so you may find hope in yours.
Mailed mine and wifes on 11/2, both checks cleared bank 11/16, wife got hers 11/25 #12xxx. Mine came today 12/13 #23xxx.
I want to complain about the system more but I will shut up now. I am just glad its here!!!!
Good luck to all of you waiting yet.
Thank you to all the representatives in the state that pushed this thru and made it happen.

#1,031 ·
That is awesome you got your permit.

Listen further background check is bogus. The law is simple you have felony that precludes you from owning a handgun or you don't it is not rocket science. Yes it's that simple. That is not the issue here. Overwhelmed, understaffed and poorly managed. That sums it up.

Hoping for tomorrow.

#1,032 ·
Congrats to all the winners today

Mailed 11-3
cashed 11-17

no permit 12-13

Called DOJ(again)

some new tidbits:

1.)permit may be delayed if you are behind someone who has a very common name(not ness. your name!)

2.)call after the 45 days, they will still request something in writing, but that will help start the ball rolling

Lady felt confident they will get out in 45 days.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

cl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.