Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jim5513 I dropped off my application at a sheriffs office in MN and had the permit back in less than 1 week. ...

Page 23 of 296 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by jim5513 View Post
    I dropped off my application at a sheriffs office in MN and had the permit back in less than 1 week. The problem here is the greed in Madison. They should have issued the permits through the sheriffs office where you live then the applications would have been spread out over many processing locations. Of course this couldn't happen or the money would be spread around the state and not concentrated in Madison. I cannot believe that JB is the "Top Cop" in this state and is so poorly organized for processing these applications that they cannot even come close to keeping them in order. No method of tracking when an application is shipped is a dangerous thing. Obviously anyone that wants to steal a permit just has to check mail for anything from DOJ. They steal identities this way every day. There was more than enough time to prepare for the "huge" number of applications that they knew were coming. You guys think complaining is going to do any good if they go past the 45 days? There are no teeth in the law. What happens if they go past 45 days? Absolutely nothing... you just get to keep on waiting.
    Here here, I fully agree, sounds like the guy that told us he would take down our names and put us at the bottom of the pile is from the DOJ...Sounds like we have a few DOJ people trolling on here..

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jim5513 View Post
    I dropped off my application at a sheriffs office in MN and had the permit back in less than 1 week. The problem here is the greed in Madison. They should have issued the permits through the sheriffs office where you live then the applications would have been spread out over many processing locations. Of course this couldn't happen or the money would be spread around the state and not concentrated in Madison. I cannot believe that JB is the "Top Cop" in this state and is so poorly organized for processing these applications that they cannot even come close to keeping them in order. No method of tracking when an application is shipped is a dangerous thing. Obviously anyone that wants to steal a permit just has to check mail for anything from DOJ. They steal identities this way every day. There was more than enough time to prepare for the "huge" number of applications that they knew were coming. You guys think complaining is going to do any good if they go past the 45 days? There are no teeth in the law. What happens if they go past 45 days? Absolutely nothing... you just get to keep on waiting.
    Those of you living in Milwaukee and Madison should be thankful for the job being handed to the DOJ. I can see those Sheriff offices rejecting applications for anything and everything down to the color of your ink. And I could see them ALWAYS waiting till the end of any deadline to send the few they didn't reject.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Ok i am going to go there.....

This is completely off the original topic of this thread.... it was orginally for the times. Of when you got it and if you didnt u said so. It has gome from that to a bickering of whats taking so long and complaining. Start a new thread..... not saying dont complain, but do it on a new thread intended for that.... leave this one to the times, and yes or no if it came.....
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by vincent2sum View Post
    Here may be some perspective on turn around time. On 10/21/2011 my wife and I took the ccw course in Arizona. We both mailed in the Arizona applications
    on 10/23/2011 with postal money orders, not checks. We both received our AZ permits on 11/22/2011, about a month. On 11/01/2011 we both mailed the WI applications, again with postal money orders. Assuming 4 days for Wisconsin to receive them we are maybe in the first 20,000 applications. If a state that has been doing this for something like 3 years takes a month, those with WI permits already should be pleased. I expect mine sometime in the next two weeks. In any case, WI does have the 45 days. Both the AZ and WI permits are good when traveling in other states. I do find it interesting that I can now carry in some 30 other states, just not the one I live in.
    I agree with vincent, I understand you have waited so long in Wisconsin, but you have now joined the ranks of the states that allow 2nd amendment rights as they should be! Count your blessings.
    In Michigan we have had shall issue for 10 years so we are well beyond the rush of applications yet it's not unusual for the process to take 30- 45 days. You've managed to use your SA and live this long without a CPL. Be thankfull you don't live in Illinois or NYC or Kalifornia where the restrictions are worse.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but remember part of the responsibilty that comes with the right of carrying a handgun is to maintain a level head and not let the little things in life get you down, we also want to set a good example of how level headed and responsible gun owners are.

Wisconsin you passed this law and new there would be a large application process. You should have planned ahead for this process and staff the way it should have been staffed.YET another day with mail and no permit this is getting so old its not even funny. Mailed and received on 11-3, check cleared on the 11-14, still have yet to receive mine. Friend doing same thing got there permits 5-7 days ago what the hell.

Mailed Application & Training documents on 11-4
    Check not cashed...no letter...nothing....

I, like many of you, are in the same situation. I sent in my application on the 1st via snail mail. My training requirement was met by a DD214 and having spent 8 years in the Army Reserves (Honorably Discharged). The check cleared on Nov. 16th and, as of today's mail call, I still have not received anything.

Meanwhile, my father filed for his on the 1st, also through snail mail and using a DD214 from 1969 (or so). He received his on the 15th and (IIRC) is in the 4800's.

I, again like many of you, are finding this process very appalling in what the DOJ is doing, considering many people have posted on here that they sent theirs in later and received them (in some cases) within a few days. I understand some people will say "well we've waited this long, what's a few more days/weeks?." Frankly, the system is pooched if people, like me and jerp, haven't received theirs by this time when our checks have cleared weeks ago and while some people are getting theirs a heck of a lot sooner.

Frustrated in WR

Edit to add: I passed my last background check on September 16th when I bought my most recent pistol. So I know that isn't (or shouldn't) be the problem.

Day 27 and still nothing, pretty sure they folded my application up and put it under a table leg to stop the table from wobbling.

pps
    exactly, something is up, why are certain people getting them sooner even though we sent them in the same envelope..it don't make sense..unless they took all last week off then they finally came back yesterday to work...

My wife got hers a week ago today and another woman I sent with hers and 4 others only 2 people out of 6 got it last Tuesday...,,same envelope sent priority mail recieved by them on the 3rd checks all cashed on 15...

Someone should ask why is this happening not in order of redieved and do not accept they have 45 days, its like some people are being discreminated against.

pps
    we also have the right to monitor our governments, the "State" as we calk it tends to have to be bbysittednto make sure theydonnot pull the wool over our eyes like the DOJ did when making up the new rules to change the law...

Its not about they have 45 days, that would be fine to everyone concerned if the DOJ went in order of recieved

However it seems they are playing favorites or picking who should go ahead of others even though they were nest in line..

When you wait I in line, its only fair until someone butts in...

This is the shenanigains that has to be monitored by us citizens..

We as residents and citizens have the right toan explanation

pps
    its still on track for the times...we are still letting people know, people have the right to be upset...

I really think that your tin foil hat may be a bit too tight, you really think they are discriminating? Yes I think the process is slow and flawed, I imagine a room filled with people trying to get through the piles of applications. I know the DOJ has admitted that they did not have enough staff so they are borrowing from other areas and departments. So I also imagine that there is a constant rotation of people through as they can be spared from their regular duties and then return to them to be replaced by someone whose project just ended. Yes this is a cluster and the system (loosely using the term) sucks, but it is what we have. If I recall correctly there was going to be about 8-10 permanent employees who I would guess are now really efficient at the job and they keep churning through bins of apps, the temp people have a bin but only get 1 done for every three the permanent folks do. Now the temp person goes back to whatever they do and their bin gets refilled for the next worker thus my application goes back to the bottom with yours. Seriously I have the worst luck on the planet, I tell my wife I wasted all my good luck on getting her to marry me, I was at a fund raiser where major donors were in a drawing for a TV 6 TV's 7 major donors guess who left with nothing. I started this process hoping my application would be on the top of the first bin with a heavenly light shining down upon it and I would get the first permit...now reality I sent it in on the first day and will probably get permit #67993 in March. But I am pretty sure there is no discrimination as the cause.

Day 28 for me.

Mailed 11-1-11 at 8:40 am, DePere PO

Check cashed 11-8-11

Nothing yet.

Sad clown.

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    I really think that your tin foil hat may be a bit too tight, you really think they are discriminating? Yes I think the process is slow and flawed, I imagine a room filled with people trying to get through the piles of applications. I know the DOJ has admitted that they did not have enough staff so they are borrowing from other areas and departments. So I also imagine that there is a constant rotation of people through as they can be spared from their regular duties and then return to them to be replaced by someone whose project just ended. Yes this is a cluster and the system (loosely using the term) sucks, but it is what we have. If I recall correctly there was going to be about 8-10 permanent employees who I would guess are now really efficient at the job and they keep churning through bins of apps, the temp people have a bin but only get 1 done for every three the permanent folks do. Now the temp person goes back to whatever they do and their bin gets refilled for the next worker thus my application goes back to the bottom with yours. Seriously I have the worst luck on the planet, I tell my wife I wasted all my good luck on getting her to marry me, I was at a fund raiser where major donors were in a drawing for a TV 6 TV's 7 major donors guess who left with nothing. I started this process hoping my application would be on the top of the first bin with a heavenly light shining down upon it and I would get the first permit...now reality I sent it in on the first day and will probably get permit #67993 in March. But I am pretty sure there is no discrimination as the cause.
    are you kidding? name calling now? "My tin Hat?" please no need to be rude, it's my observation, it's not slow in efficient anything, it's quite easy formula first in first out, your excuse for the delay holds now water..I was advised there are 40 people..
    and was also told some have to be checked into further, so that tells me selectivity of certain folks for what reason we have no idea...it's not a standard background check..if it was we would have them in order of received as they promised on their website..

Now please no more visual stimulation or name calling, it's not polite..

Ziltch again today

Links