Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 230

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Noxbird Mailed in application on Saturday, 2/4 from Milwaukee. Got my permit today! Permit # 726xx Great news enjoy it and protect ...

Page 230 of 297 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Noxbird View Post
    Mailed in application on Saturday, 2/4 from Milwaukee. Got my permit today!

Permit # 726xx
    Great news enjoy it and protect the right sign up a few more

VIP Member
    Crowman
    I got a Fobus ( no calf strap ) works great with my ankle hight boots, slides down if you wear shoes. I don't have a calf strap ankle holster but I think the calf strap would work great with dress shoes. I like the Galco brand for the leather ankle holster but they can be expensive. The ankle is great concealment, kinda slow draw. Fobus cost me 24 bucks on Ebay took them a month to send it from Israel. I have S&W638 airweight in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    MrBuckwheat, are you talking about something like this?
    (Click on 'Detailed Description')
    Ankle Holster for 2" Snub-Nose 22 32 38 357 Revolver (#07-2)

VIP Member
    So we are Pushing 73K Mine came about a month ago and I was 53K this time last month. So figure 20K per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Nov. 1, 2011 February 10, 2012 = 96 business days

Permits issued as of February 10, 2012: 71,058

This averages out to 740.19 permits issued per business day
    Crowman broke it down like this a few days ago.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.

Since I received mine I have had two friends take interest in getting theirs. I am going to be talking to my sister on Thursday about getting one since she will be living alone soon, and I want to talk to my mom about getting one because she has a few disabilities that would cause her to last about five seconds in a struggle.
    Crowman likes this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Keep up the fight it is not over there is strength in numbers

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    I want to talk to my mom about getting one because she has a few disabilities that would cause her to last about five seconds in a struggle.
    You might want to look into a Taser for your Mom
    ADVANCED TASER SYSTEM
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Iowa, Wisconsin agree to recognize Georgia Right-to-Carry permits
    Georgia Gun Permit Recognition | firstcoastnews.com

FYI: Utah is the only state that allows students to conceal and carry on campus.
    Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/02/13/221...#storylink=cpy
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Hey guys new here. Finally get to exercise my right!

Application sent: 1/31
    Permit received: 2/14

#73,xxx
    Crowman, Prentice and MrMeanor like this.

Congrat's Guac 9! Be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Suprise!!
    My 28 year old daughter who took hunters safety 16 years ago has inquired with me as to the process to get a permit. She printed a dup of her Hunter's Safety, filled out the form and has asked me to take her to the cabin with my pistols when she gets her permit. She wants to shoot mine to see how she likes them, then pick up her own CC weapon. I'm telling you, this is gaining some legs as the casual shooters hear of their family, friends getting permits. We'll be at 100k before long. Slow, but steady. Please ask friends, family with even a passing interest to apply-even if they have no intentions of carrying.
    Prentice, please do yourself and your daughter a favor and get into a ccw class for more training. You will not regret it and will only increase your knowledge and safety levels.
    Prentice and 45ACP4ever like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guac9 View Post
    Hey guys new here. Finally get to exercise my right!

Application sent: 1/31
    Permit received: 2/14

#73,xxx
    thanks for your update! be safe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Crowman broke it down like this a few days ago.
    OR $37,000 per day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bit lengthly but humorous

Pocket Tazer Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife...
    A guy who purchased his lovely wife a pocket Tazer for their anniversary submitted this:

The effects of the tazer were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety......??

WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. Loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button and pressed it against a metal surface at the same time, I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs. AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave...

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two AAA batteries, right?

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.

The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; and a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.

All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference (loaded with two itsy, bitsy AAA batteries); pretty cute really, and thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best .....

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side so as to say, 'Don't do it stupid,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny lil ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button,
    and ....

HOLY MOTHER OF.. .. WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION . . ... WHAT THE .....!!!

I'm pretty sure Hulk Hogan ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found,
    with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs!

The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.

Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a tazer, one note of caution: there is NO such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor! A three second burst would be considered conservative!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape.

My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was. My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs.. I had no control over the drooling.

Apparently I had crapped in my shorts, but was too numb to know for sure, and my sense of smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head, which I believe came from my hair. I'm still looking for my testicles and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!

P.s... My wife can't stop laughing about my experience, loved the gift and now regularly threatens me with it!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid !!!

Part of our training included ,being tased, pepper sprayed and of course Gas.
    Only down side with a tazer if you miss it don't scare them like a gun going off.

Sponsored Links