Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 233

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While I can understand some of the concerns with the Obama's agenda. It is possible that he is going to attempt the "fly under the ...

Page 233 of 297 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 4449
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

While I can understand some of the concerns with the Obama's agenda. It is possible that he is going to attempt the "fly under the radar." Sadly there is no way to know what he is up since, for the most part, he is silent on the 2nd amendment/gun control. I have done some research of the internet and find very little on whether Obama (as president/himself) is either for or against. That in itself is a bit scary.

Some better news:
    In 1986 hardly any states had 'Right to Carry'
    Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming allow residents to carry a concealed firearm without a permit.
    By 2011 49 states had some type of 'Right to Carry' (concealed and/or open)
    Concealed carry in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After states allowed CC the streets did not turn into the "Wild Wild West" as predicted

There was no significant increase of children 'finding Mom or Dad's' gun,ammo and shooting and/or killing someone as predicted

More and more states are adding "Castle Doctrine' types laws

FBI reports show that violent crimes (mainly gun related) has gone down after states have passed CC laws

Gun sales nationwide are at an all time high

New statistics show that women are buying firearms in increasing numbers
    New Research Shows That Gun Purchases By Women Are On The Rise CBS New York

Iowa Concealed weapons permits increase by 154 percent in 2011
    State relaxed permit law a year ago; permits now number 99,900-plus
    Concealed weapons permits increase by 154 percent | TheGazette

This is just some of the positive information. However, we can not become lax in keeping the 2nd amendment as written by our founding fathers. Unfortunately is will be a daily battle and more than no,t an infinitive battle.
    WD54241 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Thumbs up

Mailed on 12/20/12
    check cashed on 12/28/12
    Received permit #58xxx on 1/20/12
    30 Days total..
    Crowman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by harleytech View Post
    Mailed on 12/20/12
    check cashed on 12/28/12
    30 Days total..
    That great we are in the 76xxx range now While that is great we need to get that number up if we want to keep the right sign up a friend.
    Use your right wisely

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    How's this for a concealed carry weapon
    Chiappa Firearms

On a light note......
    When my brother was asked why he carries a weapon he answered "Because a cop is just too darn heavy."
    That would be for up close and very personal hard weapon to hit the mark with

[QUOTE=Crowman;2172151]While I can understand some of the concerns with the Obama's agenda. It is possible that he is going to attempt the "fly under the radar." Sadly there is no way to know what he is up since, for the most part, he is silent on the 2nd amendment/gun control. I have done some research of the internet and find very little on whether Obama (as president/himself) is either for or against. That in itself is a bit scary.

Some better news:
    In 1986 hardly any states had 'Right to Carry'
    Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming allow residents to carry a concealed firearm without a permit.
    By 2011 49 states had some type of 'Right to Carry' (concealed and/or open)
    Concealed carry in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After states allowed CC the streets did not turn into the "Wild Wild West" as predicted

There was no significant increase of children 'finding Mom or Dad's' gun,ammo and shooting and/or killing someone as predicted

More and more states are adding "Castle Doctrine' types laws

FBI reports show that violent crimes (mainly gun related) has gone down after states have passed CC laws

Gun sales nationwide are at an all time high

New statistics show that women are buying firearms in increasing numbers
    New Research Shows That Gun Purchases By Women Are On The Rise CBS New York

Iowa Concealed weapons permits increase by 154 percent in 2011
    State relaxed permit law a year ago; permits now number 99,900-plus
    Concealed weapons permits increase by 154 percent | TheGazette

This is just some of the positive information. However, we can not become lax in keeping the 2nd amendment as written by our founding fathers. Unfortunately is will be a daily battle and more than no,t an infinitive battle.[/QUOTE

AS Always, Excellent and informative!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harleytech View Post
    Mailed on 12/20/12
    check cashed on 12/28/12
    30 Days total..
    Thanks for the update, glad yours went smooth. I believe they are coming in about 2 weeks or less right now. Means we gotta get more apps in.

How's this for a concealed carry weapon
    Chiappa Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    That would be for up close and very personal hard weapon to hit the mark with
    True that it is mainly for personal/close defense but that is what many people need and want. Reading some of the reviews of this revolver one nice thing is that the recoil is extremely low even when shooting .357 magnums. The claim for low recoil is that the barrel is on the bottom. They also make 4 and 6 inch models and in different caliber.

Excerpt from American Rifleman review:
    There’s no doubt that the lower barrel axis of the Rhino reduces muzzle rise and contributes to a more controllable revolver. The recoil is still there but is driven straight back into the palm of the hand. You’ll feel a bite with full-power .357 Mag. loads, but muzzle rise is so minimal you’ll first think you’ve had a misfire or even a squib load. The speed at which you can aim follow-up shots with this revolver is nothing short of astounding.
    Chiappa Rhino Revolver Review

I will admit it is not a nice looking revolver but the trade off would be the low recoil and less flip which will make for more accurate "hits". They do seem to be hard to find and the 2" runs just under $800. It sure is tempting for me but will wait and see if they become more readily available.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

An email excerpt from Naizer, the CC person from the Aldi shooting in Milwaukee

On another note, I am in the process of writing the District Attorney and Police Chief because it seems that the City of Milwaukee is attempting to disarm me and/or confiscate my Steyr 9mm... I don't know what their intentions are and I hope that I am wrong, but the Aldi armed robbery attempt happened over 2 weeks ago now and they still have not returned my firearm. I'm pretty familiar with the City's unwritten policy of making you go through hell in order to get your lawfully owned firearm back but was hoping for the best, especially after the DA approvingly spoke of my actions in his press release and the Assistant DA I spoke with wasn't 'expecting it be too long' before the Police returned my firearm....

I'll keep you posted on the goings on with it. Though the MPD has the ability to respectfully return a firearm, many times they force people to file a petition to return property under Wis. Stats. 968.20. Prayerfully you won't be in a situation where the Police take your firearm and then won't return it after the dust settles but it may benefit you to check the statue and case law regarding those petitions. For example, if my firearm was 'needed as evidence', the DA has the ability to make arrangements for me to make it available if necessary in any hearings which is doubtful to say the least. They have confessions on all 3 armed robberies. Again, I don't know the 'official reason' they are not returning my firearm but I do expect to get a response from either the DA or Police Chief and I'll keep you abreast. There is interest in this by more than myself and more than citizens in Milwaukee.

Thanks again and remember to Take Care & Take Charge!

Nazir
    CCWAdvocates Team

Note: The shooting was ruled justified and no other charges were brought up against Nazir.
    Last edited by Crowman; February 19th, 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Ex Member
    Welcome to free America. Now that you can carry push for what Indiana has: LIFETIME carry permit for $125

VIP Member
    Indiana also will allow you to purcase a handgun,and take it with like a long gun as long as you have a cc permit and pass the background check. WI should get that law in place for all of us permit holders.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Indiana also will allow you to purcase a handgun,and take it with like a long gun as long as you have a cc permit and pass the background check. WI should get that law in place for all of us permit holders.
    Sounds great! I wonder how fast the background check can be completed..

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    Sounds great! I wonder how fast the background check can be completed..
    Normally in Wisconsin the background check when purchasing a weapon takes no more than approximately 15 minutes. However, Wisconsin has a waiting period. The waiting period was implemented from pressure from the 'guns are dangerous' folks. There is no documentation that 1000's of people were buying weapons in the heat of the moment and using it to kill or rob someone. There is plenty of documentation showing there never was a waiting period for weapons purchased off the streets by criminals. These are the people that will kill/rob on the spur of the moment not law abiding citizens.

It's about time anti gun folks take off the rose colored glasses.

From a 1994 Survey

Every 13 Seconds, an American Uses a Gun in Self Defense

Gun ownership protects 65 lives for every 2 lives lost. Read more:
    Every 13 Seconds, an American Uses a Gun in Self Defense | LearnAboutGuns.com*

I also found on the internet the figure of 2.5 million uses a year given in this study is not accurate. For the sake of discussion lets say its true. Even if the figure is 1/8th of 2.5 million that amounts to 312,500 per year. Call me crazy but I believe the over a quarter million figure still warrants allowing concealed carry. The fact of our 2nd amendment right aside.

Great forum! Received my safety training certification yesterday (Saturday Feb. 18) and dropped my application in the mail the same day. I will keep you posted...
    Crowman and MrBuckwheat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidcool View Post
    Great forum! Received my safety training certification yesterday (Saturday Feb. 18) and dropped my application in the mail the same day. I will keep you posted...
    Welcome to the forum, Hope you get your permit quickly!
    Liquidcool likes this.

Links