Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 237

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by FiveBravo Ok my money order was cashed yesterday. According to someone elses post, that means I was approved. Does anyone else concur ...

Page 237 of 297 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4449
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveBravo View Post
    Ok my money order was cashed yesterday. According to someone elses post, that means I was approved. Does anyone else concur ?
    means it is moving along some are getting before the check clears now.

Ok my money order was cashed yesterday. According to someone elses post, that means I was approved. Does anyone else concur ?
    No, it does not mean the application is approved.

From the application for CC permit:
    "All incomplete applications will be returned along with the payment.
    Any accepted application where the applicant is found to be ineligible for
    a concealed weapon license will be denied and the payment will not be
    returned."
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Nope! I got a denial letter because my address did not match DMV records. My business truck was kept at my business address not my home and I had to go online change my address and reapply. I lost about 10 days. If you got a address problem or there is somebody with a name like yours you could be screwed. But yes chances are you will have a new permit in your mail box on Monday or Tuesday. please keep us up todate.

Permits

I have a buddy who just got his on Tuesday. Under 21days by far and over 77k.
    Liquidcool and Crowman like this.

Got mine in 16 days, permit #778xx.
    Liquidcool, MrMeanor and Crowman like this.

VIP Member
    Should have been in the 80K range last week. Must be slowing down a bit.

I've been carrying for the past 12 days and man does it feel good. And luckily very few of the places I frequent are posted so I can go about my day without ever having to disarm. I picked up a smart carry holster for my G19 and it is invisible.. Even my gun friends couldn't tell until I pointed it out.. That meant there were like 5 guys looking at my crotch so I got to call them all homos
    Crowman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Guac9 View Post
    I picked up a smart carry holster for my G19 and it is invisible.. Even my gun friends couldn't tell until I pointed it out..
    In case anyone is interested:
    SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Guac9 View Post
    I've been carrying for the past 12 days and man does it feel good. And luckily very few of the places I frequent are posted so I can go about my day without ever having to disarm. I picked up a smart carry holster for my G19 and it is invisible.. Even my gun friends couldn't tell until I pointed it out.. That meant there were like 5 guys looking at my crotch so I got to call them all homos
    How is the smart carry when seated, driving etc?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hdman97 View Post
    Thanks
    Its pretty comfortable, it doubles as a cup and in my opinion is the deepest concealment available. The downside is that it can be tough to draw quickly depending on what you are wearing. I wear dress pants with a dress shirt tucked in which makes it somewhat difficult. I plan on practicing more with this holster because I haven't found any others that offer such deep concealment. I want zero printing. They do have great customer service. The first holster they sent was lost in the mail but they sent me a new one right away.
    Liquidcool and hdman97 like this.

You notice its presence but it is usually very comfortable. And few people are going to look at that area of your body so you could probably even get away with carrying something fullsize there.

I am 6'0 135 lbs and I can conceal a full size M&P 9 and a stun gun in my Galco belly band with summer clothing just fine. I modified the belly band to include an hard outside trigger guard so I can safely carry in condition 0, works like a charm and is very comfortable considering the weight and size of my gun. I can sit down comfortably (wearing it right now) and I can get a fast draw from it. The position of the gun is at about 1 o'clock and the top of the band rides just above the naval. Its nice because you can position it however you are comfortable and can also strap it over you shirt & under the jacket if you choose in the cold months.

Any numbers today? get a friend out to the range encourage them to get the CC asap.
    Holster some time simple low cost works no one prefect way for everyone I user this one often Have two different sizes for a small LCp and Mid size Sr9c
    Kangaroo Carry

Quote Originally Posted by hdman97 View Post
    Thanks
    DRAWING WHEN SEATED:

To draw when seated, leaning way back in the chair makes this a lot simpler. If seated in a vehicle, wearing a seat belt and shoulder strap, push your gut forward against the seat belt while leaning back in the seat and slide your strong hand in your waistband, grasp the grip of the firearm and pull straight up. Similar to what you have to do if you need to retrieve your wallet at a toll booth. Practice this a few times (always with an unloaded gun!) and you'll be surprised at how easy it is to draw your firearm while seated.
    SmartCarry - Instruction Sheet for Concealed Gun Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Holster some time simple low cost works no one prefect way for everyone I use this one often Have two different sizes for a small LCp and Mid size Sr9c
    Kangaroo Carry
    True that some of the inexpensive holsters are just as good, at times better, that the more expensive ones. You might want to look into Uncle Mike's holsters (inexpensive) to see if you like those.
    Uncle Mike's - Holsters

Links