Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 238

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for the review Guac9...

Page 238 of 297 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 4453
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Thanks for the review Guac9

Mr buckwheat, was it only your truck that had a different address but not your license? or were both your truck and license at your business? reason I'm asking is because people including myself have my residence address on my license which is also on the application but never switched their registration address for a vehicle.

...what I mean is my residence address on my license and my application are the same but I haven't updated my car registration yet. is that what happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by FiveBravo View Post
    ...what I mean is my residence address on my license and my application are the same but I haven't updated my car registration yet. is that what happened to you?
    From the DOJ website
    Address Changes: Important
    Please ensure that you have notified the Department of Transportation (DOT) of any address change as required by law. The current residential address that you list on your concealed carry application MUST be the same as the one registered with DOT or your application will be denied. You can make address changes with DOT online at:
    Change your residence address - Wisconsin Department of Transportation

Future Address Changes or Lost Licenses (CC permits):
    Use form DJ-LE-285 to report a change of address or to request a replacement license.
    Form DJ-LE-285
    http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/.../dj-le-285.pdf

(It would a good idea to have your CC permit number keep somewhere is case you happen to have to request a new one since they require it on the DJ-LE-285 form.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by hdman97 View Post
    Thanks for the review Guac9
    Not a problem! I saw a shirt at Gander Mountain that I want to try too. It is made of an Under Armor type material and has a gun pocket under each arm. Looks like a good idea for winter time.

VIP Member
    Mr buckwheat, was it only your truck that had a different address but not your license? or were both your truck and license at your business? reason I'm asking is because people including myself have my residence address on my license which is also on the application but never switched their registration address for a vehicle.
    Yes only the truck had a different address ( not any more)

I had the right address on my drivers license and my personal vehicals. Since my truck was over 16,000 gvw I had to drive into Milwaukee DMV and get it registered. they asked where I keep it so I gave them the work address. Somebody at the DMV changed my address on file to my work address and never told me. so there was a problem. The good news is... it is free to go to the DMV web site and change your address and it takes 30 seconds. So if you apply for a carry permit make sure your address on file with the DMV is correct and the same as the one you submit on your app. Now if you move after you get your permit you must contact the DOJ and change the address and I would pay the $12.00 for the new card.

VIP Member
    I am sure your permit will come next few days!!! If your address does not match you will get the "thin" letter. Don't get upset, just go to the DMV website (it is listed on the denial letter), make the change and send it back to the DOJ. Your permit will be in the mail about a week later.

It does suck to get the "thin" letter but you will get your address corrected. If you were to get checked with your weapon, it would "suck more" if you were in an "anti gun type community" and your address did not match.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Mailed Mine on Feb 6th
    Check Cashed on Feb 14th
    Mailman has come on gone again today with a no show

man that sucks. My check was just cashed last Thurs. (23rd) and I am thinking it is going to come yet this week. May be too optimistic though.

not sure which is going to arrive first. My CCL or my CM9.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Mailed Mine on Feb 6th
    Check Cashed on Feb 14th
    Mailman has come on gone again today with a no show
    that seems slow. did you send reg mail? 3-4 days each way in the mail. please let us know when you get it and number range!

VIP Member
    I have said this before but if it matters to you send it Priority with delivery confirmation. Costs about 8 bucks at the post office. You can see how many days it takes to travel in the mail and what time they put it in the DOJ PO Box. It does does not tell you what time the DOJ gets it out of the box but at least you know they got it. Your permit will have an issue date on it so you can see how many days it took in the mail to get from the DOJ back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guac9 View Post
    Not a problem! I saw a shirt at Gander Mountain that I want to try too. It is made of an Under Armor type material and has a gun pocket under each arm. Looks like a good idea for winter time.
    Shop shirt holster and all other hunting, fishing, camping, and outdoor gear and equipment. Free Standard Shipping from Gander Mountain. Some restrictions apply.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Map of defensive gun use cases (This map lists incidents from 2004 to the present)
    Guns and Self Defense: Interactive Map

When Criminals Face Armed Resistance
    http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/WP-Tough-Targets.pdf

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    that seems slow. did you send reg mail? 3-4 days each way in the mail. please let us know when you get it and number range!
    Yes that's what I'm thinking also.I did send it reg mail. I thought it would be in my mail box soon after the check was cashed. I also called the DOJ and spoke with a nice lady that told me if I didnt get it by the third I should call again on Monday and she would look into it for me?

Sponsored Links