Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 239

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; GOT IT! mailed 2/13/12 money order cashed 2/24/12 issued 2/27/12 in mailbox 2/28/12 #79xxx...

Page 239 of 297 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4448
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Woohoooooooooo!

GOT IT!

mailed 2/13/12
    money order cashed 2/24/12
    issued 2/27/12
    in mailbox 2/28/12
    #79xxx

Crowman, MrMeanor, Cyngen and 3 others like this.

I retired July 2012 from 24 years of Law Enforcement, giving up the gun seamed a little odd, but no big deal seeing I live in a "Safe little town". Then one night as I am watching TV in my living room, someone walks into my back door straight into my kitchen, looking for a drug dealer he thought lived there. Based on the way he was acting, I think he was looking for a refund from the dealer or something. After he found out how dangerous it is to walk into a retired cops home without permission, it got me thinking of what could have happened if I was not home and I walked in on him without any weapon. So I sent off my application and check on 02/27/12 and I am waiting for my permit to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredPOPO View Post
    I retired July 2012 from 24 years of Law Enforcement, giving up the gun seamed a little odd, but no big deal seeing I live in a "Safe little town". Then one night as I am watching TV in my living room, someone walks into my back door straight into my kitchen, looking for a drug dealer he thought lived there. Based on the way he was acting, I think he was looking for a refund from the dealer or something. After he found out how dangerous it is to walk into a retired cops home without permission, it got me thinking of what could have happened if I was not home and I walked in on him without any weapon. So I sent off my application and check on 02/27/12 and I am waiting for my permit to arrive.

was this a vision? lol
    RetiredPOPO likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveBravo View Post
    was this a vision? lol
    More like a wake up call with a slap back into reality.

I retired July 2012 from 24 years of Law Enforcement, giving up the gun seamed a little odd, but no big deal seeing I live in a "Safe little town". Then one night as I am watching TV in my living room, someone walks into my back door straight into my kitchen, looking for a drug dealer he thought lived there.
    Seems its not as safe as you figured. Sadly crime has found its way into every town in America.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Wow! Hopefully that scared him straight, but it is doubtful. Were you able to draw a bead on the intruder? Did you have him charged?

Quote Originally Posted by shtfprepper View Post
    Wow! Hopefully that scared him straight, but it is doubtful. Were you able to draw a bead on the intruder? Did you have him charged?
    Growing up in Milwaukee and working the streets of "The big city" for all those years I have always lived cautiously, so Luckily I have always had an 870 close to where I sit in my living room. Right after retirement I moved out of the city to a sleepy little town, north of Milwaukee and somehow I guess I was thinking or hoping that things were different here. For the most part they are, but gangs and drugs are everywhere and I know that if I was in a situation where my training and experience was needed and yet I was not properly equipped to handle that situation, I don't think I could live with myself. So until it is no longer safe for me to do so, I guess I will remain armed and ready....

So to answer your question... Yes, that young man now knows what a 12 gauge sounds like and understands why that barrel looks so much bigger after hearing that sound....

VIP Member
    GOT IT!

mailed 2/13/12
    issued 2/27/12
    in mailbox 2/28/12
    #79xxx

Yep!!! What did I tell you yesterday????????

GOT IT!

mailed 2/13/12
    issued 2/27/12
    in mailbox 2/28/12
    #79xxx

Great, enjoy your right and protect it sign up a friend. We will lose the right in about 24 months if do not get them numbers up.

GOT IT!

mailed 2/13/12
    issued 2/27/12
    in mailbox 2/28/12
    #79xxx

Congratulations.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    GOT IT!

mailed 2/13/12
    issued 2/27/12
    in mailbox 2/28/12
    #79xxx

Congrats! I will admit I am very Jealous! Mine had to fall behind some machine!

GOT IT!

mailed 2/13/12
    issued 2/27/12
    in mailbox 2/28/12
    #79xxx

Congratulations... Enjoy!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Great, enjoy your right and protect it sign up a friend. We will lose the right in about 24 months if do not get them numbers up.
    What do you mean about loosing the right in 24 months? I have not anything about that.

Great to see more permits being issued. I've carried every day since mine came, went to a few live events at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee and while walking around the building to the will call window, I felt severely naked since I was not carrying. Started out by carrying a Ruger LCP, now I'm confidently carrying a Glock 26 in a DeSantis cozy partner. I decided the LCP was not enough gun after hearing of the Aldi's robbery.

Stay safe everyone.
    New Wisconsin CCW Permit holder.

Thanks everyone, I'll be encouraging others to join. Its too bad that they hand out felonies so easily around here or the numbers would be much higher..

Links