Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by airbrn2b I, like many of you, are in the same situation. I sent in my application on the 1st via snail mail. ...

Page 24 of 297 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by airbrn2b View Post
    I, like many of you, are in the same situation. I sent in my application on the 1st via snail mail. My training requirement was met by a DD214 and having spent 8 years in the Army Reserves (Honorably Discharged). The check cleared on Nov. 16th and, as of today's mail call, I still have not received anything.

Meanwhile, my father filed for his on the 1st, also through snail mail and using a DD214 from 1969 (or so). He received his on the 15th and (IIRC) is in the 4800's.

I, again like many of you, are finding this process very appalling in what the DOJ is doing, considering many people have posted on here that they sent theirs in later and received them (in some cases) within a few days. I understand some people will say "well we've waited this long, what's a few more days/weeks?." Frankly, the system is pooched if people, like me and jerp, haven't received theirs by this time when our checks have cleared weeks ago and while some people are getting theirs a heck of a lot sooner.

Frustrated in WR

Edit to add: I passed my last background check on September 16th when I bought my most recent pistol. So I know that isn't (or shouldn't) be the problem.
    I passed my background check on Nov 10th for my most recent gun purchase, you would think I would be on file!!

2. Remove Ads

pps
    Yes, Nothing today..I propose that if nothing tomorrow, we all arrange a call down there and ask why some come later than promised first in first out..anyone have a "Direct Line #"?

Quote Originally Posted by califr View Post
    Anybodys check clear the 17th, and have their permit yet?
    Nothing yet. Mailed 11/2/11. Check endorsed on the 16th and posted to my bank account on the 17th. STILL NOTHING. The mailman may be thinking I am stalking him.

Day 28. Again, Nothing. I don't think you can blame people for being at least a little frustrated. Think of how long we've waited to exercise our constitutional rights. Now it's just so close.....

On a related note, I'm guessing the gang bangers and meth heads of the sate aren't checking their mailboxes everyday so they can legally carry. Just saying.
    magic4833 likes this.

pps
    So far teh latest dates are
    Sent in Priority mail on the 1st,
    received on the 3rd
    Checked Cashed 14th, posted the 15th
    Nothing yet as of November 29th 2011
    WD54241 likes this.

ok, I am a rational person but this is getting to be BS. My wife got hers on Friday, we sent info on 2nd in same envolope, checks cleared same day, How in the hell can they not have mine here yet. Yah, and we are suposed to let government in our lives even more because they do such a good job. Give me a break.
    magic4833 likes this.

I blame the people who got their's quickly. I was ready for a 45 day wait until I saw people getting their's within a couple weeks.

Still nothing today, been giving my wife a hard time about her getting her's on Saturday.LOL

There is no conspiracy against certain people.

I can see mulitple reasons for some taking long for others. Speed of different people doing the processing, "close hits" on the criminal record checks that have to be checked out, using people from other areas and training people on what to do. New people aren't going to be very effiecent.

People calling all the time isn't going to help either, someone has to answer the phones.

I am getting impatient as well, like a kid at Christmas, but that is on me.

They have said up to 45 days from the beginning, people need to stop getting all wound up and calling the DOJ and complaining . At max its day 29 IF yours was there the first day, they still have a little over 2 weeks by law. Do I wish it was faster? Yes. But even at 45 days, its faster than a lot of states and they are just getting started at this from nothing.

Oh and
    Mailed 11/2
    Check cashed 11/17
    wife's came 11/26
    mine still not here

Mailed mine on 11/01/2011 from Wausau. Received my permit on 11/18/2011 #86xx.

Very frustrated!

mailed...............11/01 @ 4pm at post office
    check cashed.....11/25!!!!
    received.............n/a

training: HD military and hunter's safety...record is spotless. I thought that 25 days for check cashed was normal and I figured after the check was cashed it would show up days after; how wrong I am!! Seems like you are lucky if you get yours a week later.

I can't believe people that have submitted theirs a week or more after me have gotten their checks cashed a week and a half earlier than me, and, of course, already have their permit in hand. What kind of bull tish is this? My app must have been one of the first ones arriving by mail. I guess my mistake was mailing it so early. Should have been lazy for a week or two and probably would have had it by now.

Really is FBS!

recourse

Morning,
    my stats again are;

mailed 11-3
    cashed 11-17

Seeing as many folks that mailed in the 1st, still don't have, its possible/probable that the 45 days can't be honored. i have taken a rational approach, but this is getting to me. My best friend mailed his a day earlier, and recd his permit 10 days ago. I would favor a email/letter of concern, with any ideas also that we might have to improve this system.

How do we go about as a group , to communicate with the DOJ politely. What is the proper time? I think individual phone calls only serve to delay the system, and frustrate the folks at the DOJ, which I will assume to be doing their best.

I would also consider asking the DOJ to put out weekly communicates on their web site re application stats, to inform the public . This would include, number of apps recd, type pod training submitted,permits mailed, etc...

Also that receiving your permit is the start of your learning. Encourage the CCP holders to attend further training after they receive their permit.

cl
    walthrfan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jducati11 View Post
    mailed...............11/01 @ 4pm at post office
    check cashed.....11/25!!!!
    received.............n/a

training: HD military and hunter's safety...record is spotless. I thought that 25 days for check cashed was normal and I figured after the check was cashed it would show up days after; how wrong I am!! Seems like you are lucky if you get yours a week later.

I can't believe people that have submitted theirs a week or more after me have gotten their checks cashed a week and a half earlier than me, and, of course, already have their permit in hand. What kind of bull tish is this? My app must have been one of the first ones arriving by mail. I guess my mistake was mailing it so early. Should have been lazy for a week or two and probably would have had it by now.

Really is FBS!
    You may have been sent to the back of the line for not following the instructions. Specifically stated to send in only one proof of training regardless of how much training you had.

PATIENCE FOLKS!!

For completed applications received between November 1 and December 1, 2011, DOJ shall issue or deny as soon as practicable and no longer than 45 days after receiving an application.

I know everyone wants their permit, but all you can do is wait. I am in the same boat, sent 11/1/11, check cashed 11/14/11. Nothing to do but wait. Don't call. That is just irritating. They have 45 days. Plain and simple. 45 days from receipt!

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by califr View Post
    Morning,
    my stats again are;

mailed 11-3
    cashed 11-17

Seeing as many folks that mailed in the 1st, still don't have, its possible/probable that the 45 days can't be honored. i have taken a rational approach, but this is getting to me. My best friend mailed his a day earlier, and recd his permit 10 days ago. I would favor a email/letter of concern, with any ideas also that we might have to improve this system.

How do we go about as a group , to communicate with the DOJ politely. What is the proper time? I think individual phone calls only serve to delay the system, and frustrate the folks at the DOJ, which I will assume to be doing their best.

I would also consider asking the DOJ to put out weekly communicates on their web site re application stats, to inform the public . This would include, number of apps recd, type pod training submitted,permits mailed, etc...

Also that receiving your permit is the start of your learning. Encourage the CCP holders to attend further training after they receive their permit.

cl
    Ok, I am the director of Wisconsin Concealed Carry Reform. we helped and trained Dave Zien back in 2003 we were invited to teach the Legislature CCW Permit training as our course was innovative and many people copied it. you can join our Yahoo Groups page for more info at Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums & communitiesand our Facebook Page at Log In | Facebook

We have a list of Questions we are going to call down to the DOJ and ask polity for them to answer. If you have any more sugesstions pelase list your question in our Group or Facebook page or here in this thread directed at us.

1. Do Licenses get mailed out everyday or everyday week?

2. Did the DOJ processors work Thanksgiving Week?

3. Are the license applications processed first come first served.

4. How do you plan on tracking them with no claim tracking system after your 45 days are up?

5. How long is the 45 day period good for?, i.e. the first Month only?

please feel free to add to the question pool and we will pull the most relevant questions from the pool for them to answer.

Michael Walker
    Director
    Wisconsin Concealed Carry Reform
    Yahoo Groups Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums & communities
    FaceBook Log In | Facebook

pps
    Oh, and I checked with my post office today and nothing today, that tells me no one will receive one today in wisconsin..if you do let us know.

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by skirydr View Post
    PATIENCE FOLKS!!

For completed applications received between November 1 and December 1, 2011, DOJ shall issue or deny as soon as practicable and no longer than 45 days after receiving an application.

I know everyone wants their permit, but all you can do is wait. I am in the same boat, sent 11/1/11, check cashed 11/14/11. Nothing to do but wait. Don't call. That is just irritating. They have 45 days. Plain and simple. 45 days from receipt!
    That would be ok if they went out in order of received as they state on their website before they posted the applications. but they are not doing that.

It's like this if my wife got hers on Tuesday the 22nd, and ours were in the Same Envelope. Mine should have came in the mail that day or a few days after not "Still Not Here" after 7 days and still counting, makes no sense.

You see if mine would have came like lets say 3 days after her's no complaints from me, that way people can fairly gauge. then the 45 day rule would apply no problem no arguments from anyone. they could tell when..

Not now, it seems way to inconsistent, so and so get's there's but so in so does not??? that's not fair, I just bought a CCW Pistol on the 6th and had a background check go thru just fine and picked up my gun on the 9th, so I know I am clean, unless they are dabbling into something at the DOJ they should not be.. and it isn't because of slow people..

Links