Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 240

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...and its kinda off topic, but does anyone else think the zero tolerance thing is a little extreme? I mean I understand that drinking and ...

Page 240 of 297 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 4449
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

...and its kinda off topic, but does anyone else think the zero tolerance thing is a little extreme? I mean I understand that drinking and guns don't mix, but not one?? ***. it should be the same as when you're driving.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveBravo View Post
    ...and its kinda off topic, but does anyone else think the zero tolerance thing is a little extreme? I mean I understand that drinking and guns don't mix, but not one?? ***. it should be the same as when you're driving.
    For the most part, zero tolerance with issues is wrong, period. Seems America has gotten real good at taking things from one extreme to the other. They not only are hell bent on eliminating the 'middle class' but also the 'middle ground' on issues.

However, I can understand the no drinking while carrying. Many times one drink will lead to more. Carrying a weapon is a full time job where one needs to fully alert at all times. Truthfully the law should be no drinking and driving. If not fully alert a vehicle can be as dangerous as a loaded weapon when one is not 100%.
    Last edited by Crowman; March 2nd, 2012 at 02:49 AM.
    1911_Kimber likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I'll echo Crowman on this issue. There is enough historical evidence which warrants no carrying while drinking.
    rstanek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredPOPO View Post
    What do you mean about loosing the right in 24 months? I have not anything about that.
    Part of the recall movement is to repeal ACT 10,Act 35 and the Castle Doc. as soon as possable
    upnorth likes this.

Mailed: 2/20/12
    Check Cashed: 3/2/12
    Still waiting...patiently...

Quote Originally Posted by W9HDG View Post
    I would have expected anyone from Wausau to be the first in line . Gov. Walker sighen the bill right next door in Rothschild . We sure had a good time there that day.
    It will come.
    Hope tosee some show up today even in the snow

LOL you would sure think so wouldn't you. I didn't apply right away because I figured I would give it some time to get through the initial rush.

LOL you would sure think so wouldn't you. I didn't apply right away because I figured I would give it some time to get through the initial rush.
    That was a day wife and I rode up had members of the teachers Union throwing stuff at us. We spent a couple hours there before and after the signing, then rode north for the weekend.
    Should have seen the one when he noticed I was open carrying.
    1911_Kimber likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Part of the recall movement is to repeal ACT 10,Act 35 and the Castle Doc. as soon as possable
    Thats not going to happen!! The 10% cry babies will not get their way!!!!!!!!! Even with big union money. We are way smarter than that and will not let it happen! We almost got cc with Jimmy "the diamond" Dolye in office.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Thats not going to happen!! The 10% cry babies will not get their way!!!!!!!!! Even with big union money. We are way smarter than that and will not let it happen! We almost got cc with Jimmy "the diamond" Dolye in office.
    I agree with you...I just hope the rest of the Wisconsin Sheeple are smart enough to actually educate themselves. Unfortunately more "informed" sheeple get their information from extremely biased sources and don't take the time to fact check what they're told.
    RetiredPOPO likes this.

Sent mine out at the same time as you and my money order was cashed yesterday as well. Its a good feeling to know they received it and its in the works!

Well I sure hope someone got one in the mail today we have not seen a number posted sense 79XXX

I am still waiting, I applied Feb. 15 the check was cashed on Feb. 23. Should I be nervous???

As far as the whole "repeal ACT 10,Act 35 and the Castle Doc." I like to think that enough people would be against them repealing it that they would think twice and leave it alone. But then again we do not always elect the smartest people for the job.

Just my 2 cents take it or leave it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Well I sure hope someone got one in the mail today we have not seen a number posted sense 79XXX
    yep, we gotta get more people signed up! ( and trained up!)

I agree with you...I just hope the rest of the Wisconsin Sheeple are smart enough to actually educate themselves. Unfortunately more "informed" sheeple get their information from extremely biased sources and don't take the time to fact check what they're told.
    You are absolutely 100% correct! The storm clouds are looming and both sides are digging in for what will be the ugliest fight in state history. I personally have written off the major cities of Milwaukee and Madison. There is just to much social dependence minded people. I am hopeful that the rest of the state will "honestly" research the facts and make a informed decision not based on what someone is telling them or because of what the media reports. I think were at a 3 way intersection, the road to the left is to return to the policy's of the former administration. The middle road is simply to have discord and nothing is accomplished. The right road is to forge a new direction where we all have to make concessions. The money will be pouring in from outside sources, My opinion is they don't care about us, they are only interested in there own personal interests. I said it before, I'll say it again I enjoy my rights and I like a smaller government with a balanced budget.
    Liquidcool and W9HDG like this.

Links