Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 247

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by sid1 Hey everyone! Guess what was in my mail today! #76xxx I thought they would have issued me a new one with ...

Page 247 of 297 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 4449
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

  1. #3691
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Hey everyone! Guess what was in my mail today! #76xxx
    I thought they would have issued me a new one with numbers in the 83000's
    Guess not? post mark was yesterday wow!
    I feel like it's Christmas
    Great!!!! Wasn't your's missing in action for a while? Maybe the original number was the 76K number and they reprinted for you. OR I believe the DOJ does not mail the permits out. I thought there was another department in the DOJ building that processed all of the outgoing mail. Maybe your permit was on somebody's desk for a week or two in the mail department. Who knows and at this point who cares you got it now!


  2. #3692
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayman720 View Post
    UPDATE!

    Mailed 2/27, check cashed 3/9

    Sig P250 arrived at the main post office today.

    "I love it when a plan comes together."
    - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
    Jayman720 It does seem like a while from the date you mailed till the check cashed. If the postman is good to you maybe Monday will be your day. I still don't think the check cashed date means that much. It just means they feel you application is complete enough to process. Please let us know when you get it! I know a couple guys who got the permit in hand before the checks cleared.

  3. #3693
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,653
    For any body that has not sent the application in yet. If it matters to you please make copies of your application. Check it over and have your wife or somebody else check it over. Mail it priority mail with delivery confirmation. About $8.bucks. Then you can see how long it took to get there and what time and day they got it. Once you get it please let us know!!
    sid1 likes this.

  4. #3694
    Member Array Jayman720's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, WI
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Jayman720 It does seem like a while from the date you mailed till the check cashed. If the postman is good to you maybe Monday will be your day. I still don't think the check cashed date means that much. It just means they feel you application is complete enough to process. Please let us know when you get it! I know a couple guys who got the permit in hand before the checks cleared.
    It's all good now. My posting has been touched by the finger of MrBuckwheat... I bet it'll come today or tomorrow now.
    Liquidcool and 1911_Kimber like this.

  5. #3695
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayman720 View Post
    It's all good now. My posting has been touched by the finger of MrBuckwheat... I bet it'll come today or tomorrow now.
    trigger finger that is!

  6. #3696
    Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,891
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Great!!!! Wasn't your's missing in action for a while? Maybe the original number was the 76K number and they reprinted for you. OR I believe the DOJ does not mail the permits out. I thought there was another department in the DOJ building that processed all of the outgoing mail. Maybe your permit was on somebody's desk for a week or two in the mail department. Who knows and at this point who cares you got it now!
    Yes it was Missing The DOJ said the mailed it out on Feb 20th and the last time I spoke with her she told me she was canceling my permit sent out on the 20th and issuing me another one. And the next day (yesterday it was in my mailbox)? and the postmark was March 7th. So dont know what went on, and doesnt matter anymore. I can now Conceal Carry within the law.

  7. #3697
    Member Array curly666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Yes it was Missing The DOJ said the mailed it out on Feb 20th and the last time I spoke with her she told me she was canceling my permit sent out on the 20th and issuing me another one. And the next day (yesterday it was in my mailbox)? and the postmark was March 7th. So dont know what went on, and doesnt matter anymore. I can now Conceal Carry within the law.
    Great!!! Can't wait for mine to come.

  8. #3698
    Member Array W9HDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wausau, WI
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Yes it was Missing The DOJ said the mailed it out on Feb 20th and the last time I spoke with her she told me she was canceling my permit sent out on the 20th and issuing me another one. And the next day (yesterday it was in my mailbox)? and the postmark was March 7th. So dont know what went on, and doesnt matter anymore. I can now Conceal Carry within the law.
    Congratulations! You'll have to let us know if you get another one in the mail. If they did cancel you're prior permit it makes me wonder if you got your old one after it was canceled.

  9. #3699
    Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,891
    Quote Originally Posted by W9HDG View Post
    Congratulations! You'll have to let us know if you get another one in the mail. If they did cancel you're prior permit it makes me wonder if you got your old one after it was canceled.
    Thanks W9HDG, Thats what I was thinking also, Which made me look at the postmark (Feb7). The day I spoke with her and she told me she would try to get it out that day. Feb 7th

  10. #3700
    Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,891
    Any new ones today?

  11. #3701
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761

    Memo to Milwaukee Police chief -- We are the law abiding citizens

    The Milwaukee Police department (specifically Chief Flynn) could care less about a law he does not like. He claims the weapon used by the customer in the Aldi shooting incident is evidence and can not be returned to the owner until it is no longer a possibility it is evidence. This is contrary to the law which states as long as a person makes the gun available as evidence if needed.

    While I am not an attorney I do ponder why the weapon that shot the alleged armed robber would be needed as evidence in the robbers trail. Under that moronic reasoning someone’s hands/arms would be evidence if a person physically subdued someone mugging an elder person until the law showed up. So I guess that person would have to be kept in the evidence room until needed. Chief Flynn the new laws are the law which everyone, including the police, have to abide by. Soooooooooo chief, have the law changed, in the meantime get over it.

    Below is the video from channel 58TV news in Milwaukee. Unfortunately they do not show the video that was shown on the 10PM news March 8, 2012. That video has Chief Flynn stating his policy. The policy was reinforced by an assistant DA (no cite of any law) in the video.
    Customer Who Stopped Robbery Controversy | CBS 58 | Local News
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

  12. #3702
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,346
    Hope the mail delivers some today I just saw mail person drive by so some of you may need to check the box.
    Liquidcool likes this.

  13. #3703
    Member Array Liquidcool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    24
    Today I opened my mailbox and found inside of it a restored liberty!!!
    Mailed: 2/21
    MO Cashed: 3/2
    Permit #: 823xx
    Issued: 3/7
    Arrived: 3/10

    18 Days Total

  14. #3704
    Member Array curly666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    36
    Congrats
    Liquidcool likes this.

  15. #3705
    Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,891
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcool View Post
    today i opened my mailbox and found inside of it a restored liberty!!!
    Mailed: 2/21
    mo cashed: 3/2
    permit #: 823xx
    issued: 3/7
    arrived: 3/10

    18 days total
    congrats!
    Liquidcool likes this.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

after the wisconsin doj cashes your check when will i get my ccw permit
,

where is my ccw wi

,

where is my wisconsin ccw permit

,
wi concealed carry
,
wisconsin ccw permit processing time
,

wisconsin ccw permit time

,

wisconsin ccw permit turn around time

,

wisconsin ccw time

,
wisconsin ccw turnaround
,
wisconsin concealed carry
,
wisconsin concealed carry wait time
,

wisconsin defensive carry forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.