Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat execpt when you get the "thin" letter. Ups and downs. they are doing a great job right now. remember they got ...

Page 249 of 297 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 4441
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    execpt when you get the "thin" letter. Ups and downs. they are doing a great job right now. remember they got 21 days from when they get it.
    21 days from when they cash the check, right?

What's the thin letter? I assume it's the "you forgot _____." or something.

Is there a "thick" letter? What all do they send?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayman720 View Post
    21 days from when they cash the check, right?

What's the thin letter? I assume it's the "you forgot _____." or something.

Is there a "thick" letter? What all do they send?
    21 days for them to issue once they get it. Not 21 days till you get it. I don't believe the check cashing has anything thing to do with it. I know some guys who got the permit in hand before the check cashed. I don't think they wait on the check. ( I could be wrong but don't think I am)

You will be able to feel the permit card in the letter. ( thick letter ) If you get a letter from the DOJ and can't feel the card, it is probably a denial letter.
    ( "thin" letter) don't crap a brick if you get the thin letter. read it and I can help you thru it. (Unless you are a felon or BG.)

21 days for them to issue once they get it. Not 21 days till you get it. I don't believe the check cashing has anything thing to do with it. I know some guys who got the permit in hand before the check cashed. I don't think they wait on the check. ( I could be wrong but don't think I am)

You will be able to feel the permit card in the letter. ( thick letter ) If you get a letter from the DOJ and can't feel the card, it is probably a denial letter.
    ( "thin" letter) don't crap a brick if you get the thin letter. read it and I can help you thru it. (Unless you are a felon or BG.)
    Not really worried about it. Certainly NOT a felon or BG. I just had a background check done when I bought my Sig last week. No worries there. I just hate the waiting.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayman720 View Post
    Not really worried about it. Certainly NOT a felon or BG. I just had a background check done when I bought my Sig last week. No worries there. I just hate the waiting.
    You will be good to go! Thick letter on the way!

And So It Begins......

The ink is not even dry on the CC law bill and Milwaukee Police Chief Flynn is already trying to weaken our rights. He wants yet another law to deal with the criminal element rather than enforcing and pursuing the laws that are already there. We sure do have are work cut out for us.

Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn said that because there is not enough court or jail space for every bad guy caught by police, plea bargains are necessary in urban jurisdictions.

So law abiding citizens will suffer once again and the criminals get to skate yet again.
    Milwaukee police call for concealed-carry changes - JSOnline

Milwaukee police chief slams concealed-carry measure
    Milwaukee police chief slams concealed-carry measure - JSOnline
    Last edited by Crowman; March 13th, 2012 at 01:00 AM.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    They should send Flynn back where he came from. I don't think he is doing as good of a job as the media says. Again the left is pushing our buttons as part of their temper tantrum.

The only Flynn I would like to keep in WI is Matt Flynn

wife got hers today

mailed on feb 20
    check cashed feb 27
    permit issued mar 8
    permit in mail today mar 12

83xxx

Congratulations!
    Also, green with envy on your state's turn around time.
    Liquidcool likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrc809 View Post
    wife got hers today

mailed on feb 20
    check cashed feb 27
    permit issued mar 8

83xxx
    Congratulations!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    wife got hers today

mailed on feb 20
    check cashed feb 27
    permit issued mar 8

83xxx
    Congrats to the Misses

now my two kids are on their way too

Angry

I went to the cupboard, and the cupboard was bare.

:(

wife got hers today

mailed on feb 20
    check cashed feb 27
    permit issued mar 8

83xxx
    Congratulations to her.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

They should send Flynn back where he came from. I don't think he is doing as good of a job as the media says. Again the left is pushing our buttons as part of their temper tantrum.

The only Flynn I would like to keep in WI is Matt Flynn
    Yes, he comes here, has an affair with a well known persons wife, then is stupid enough to get caught due to stupidity and now he is going to tell us what is best for us. He should have been thrown out due to ethics after being caught for the affair.
    Last edited by RetiredPOPO; March 12th, 2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Spelling ....again Grrrrr

If Chief Flynn had any back bone instead of coming up with this half ass plan under the guise of public safety which in my humble opinion is the farthest thing from the truth. If he wanted REALLY wanted to do his job and serve his community, Flynn should lead or at least start a movement to reduce or eliminate the ability of DA and Defense Attorneys from wheeling and dealing and having serious charges reduced in the first place! The judges are far to lenient as well. For gods sake enforce the laws! we don't need additional garbage shoved down our throats! Flynn is delusional if he honestly believes the gang bangers and dealers are going to comply with the law and apply for a permit. Chief Flynn is a disgrace to his uniform, the officers who serve under him and every citizen of Milwaukee. The patrol units are doing there jobs, The DA & defense attorneys along with the judges are to blame. They cry there are not enough prisons, BUILD them! It's funny, how they make up reasons for additional taxes, but when it comes to a new prisons were told oh we can't do that! instead they reduce the charges. I'm insulted they think and treat me as if I'm that stupid!

I'm old enough to remember going to prison meant hard time and isolation, now they have 3 meals free medical weight training, education, Tv, and a warm bed. WI really has to take a page from AZ prison systems. Mandatory drug screening for Welfare, Mandatory educational requirements for the children of the welfare. No funding for additional babys while on welfare. Sorry room for the ranting.
    mjb65 likes this.

Links