Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! - Page 26

Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by magic4833 Mail has come and gone nothing again. So I called the DOJ and asked a couple of questions. The woman who ...

Page 26 of 297 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by magic4833 View Post
    Mail has come and gone nothing again. So I called the DOJ and asked a couple of questions. The woman who answered the phone was less than pleased to give any information on CWP process she did say in a rude manner that application are processed as received. She stated that if your application was in the first 10000 you got your application processed more quickly, If you are in the second it will take much longer and hung up the phone on me. This is how the DOJ operates? Here is the number 608-266-1221

This state is so slow. 21 days and counting
    they are probally mad, because you did not read the above, as we called the administrator today to get answers please read the thread ..##338 post..

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by trip20 View Post
    I wasn't trying to be rude, nor was I trying to argue. I was trying to point you to the law which contains information such as the formula for calculating the dates you desire.

I'm glad to see you got a prompt response from the DOJ. Clearly you're not calling the generic number we are when encountering rude employees sick of getting calls/complaints. Unfortunately though, the recollection of your discussion really doesn't answer any questions I have. Keep up the good work though -- God knows we need this process reformed.
    like I said if it did not answer your questions post them, I have alot of notes and covered the basics..

Quote Originally Posted by pps View Post
    like I said if it did not answer your questions post them, I have alot of notes and covered the basics..
    My main question surrounds something it's hard to quantify. It's only a trend I and a few others have noticed involving applications mailed on the 1st (likely received by DOJ on the 3rd) with checks cashed between the 8th and 14th. These seem to be in a no man's land....

Barring any incomplete application issues, or unqualified applicant issues, I can't explain why apps received after 11/3 are being processed/issued/received before those noted above. It means to me the "pile method" is being used (oldest being buried on bottom), which I think is why you received the "yes, sort of" answer when you questioned if they're processing in order received. I think only the initial steps are in order received. The piles accumulating at each stage of the process I suspect are not being processed in any particular order. All just speculation on my part of course.

I have a hard time believing these are all being held up by the "similar name" scenario that was described to you. My name is not that common.

pps
    I've read a few accounts of this exact process you describe. So from what I can tell, what the DOJ employee conveyed to you is true. This is good since it means we're not thrown back in some huge pile if we are in fact denied for incomplete application criteria.
    Actually he is the Administrator of the whole thing, he's the one that quote in the news all the time..
    WI Department of Justice - Law Enforcement Services

Nothing again today. The mailman has started coming earlier. I think its just to mock me.

I too think the "on the bottom of the pile" exists...as the apps are moved to another dept I would bet as they come in they are put on top so in other words the earlier ones are on the bottom...sure they open and examine the apps and attached paperwork then sent to background...the ones they don't do right away and then they get others which more than likely are placed on top...thus we are buried.

I think if my app was not complete due to missing name and was on hold for that I should have gotten a denial letter already.

Congrats guys on finally having the right to CC. It is a great right to have, and be able to exercise. Always carry, and be safe!

smitty
    Glock 19 gen 4
    M&P 45c
    Mossberg Maverick 12g
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

that couldn't be it

Quote Originally Posted by skirydr View Post
    You may have been sent to the back of the line for not following the instructions. Specifically stated to send in only one proof of training regardless of how much training you had.
    that can't be the case since I only sent proof of military discharge.

Actually he is the Administrator of the whole thing, he's the one that quote in the news all the time..
    WI Department of Justice - Law Enforcement Services
    I think we're getting criss-crossed here. You're responding to a post of mine that was directed to kathie63, where she mentioned speaking to a DOJ employee, not the Administrator you spoke with.

pps
    Quote Originally Posted by kathie63 View Post
    I too think the "on the bottom of the pile" excises...as the apps are moved to another dept I would bet as they come in they are put on top so in other words the earlier ones are on the bottom...sure they open and examine the apps and attached paperwork then sent to background...the ones they don't do right away and then they get others which more than likely are placed on top...thus we are buried.
    I tend to agree..

I tend to agree..
    That is the only reason I can think of why we are still waiting. They can't be waiting on background on ALL of us!

UPDATE

send 11/1
    check 11/25
    received 11/30

#13xxx

My main question surrounds something it's hard to quantify. It's only a trend I and a few others have noticed involving applications mailed on the 1st (likely received by DOJ on the 3rd) with checks cashed between the 8th and 14th. These seem to be in a no man's land....

Barring any incomplete application issues, or unqualified applicant issues, I can't explain why apps received after 11/3 are being processed/issued/received before those noted above. It means to me the "pile method" is being used (oldest being buried on bottom), which I think is why you received the "yes, sort of" answer when you questioned if they're processing in order received. I think only the initial steps are in order received. The piles accumulating at each stage of the process I suspect are not being processed in any particular order. All just speculation on my part of course.

I have a hard time believing these are all being held up by the "similar name" scenario that was described to you. My name is not that common.
    What a surprise! NO PERMIT AGAIN TODAY! I think trip20 might be on to something. Mailed mine Nov1st, check cashed Nov 8th. It is a full 22 days since cashing my check. What is going on???? How long does a background check take? I just bought a pistol from a major retailer a month and a half ago, and had approval within the hour. 22 days people. Come on!!

IBD

waiting on ccw permit

sent in on Nov 3

check cashed Nov 18

No permit in mail as of today....Nov 30

Quote Originally Posted by jducati11 View Post
    UPDATE

send 11/1
    check 11/25
    received 11/30

#13xxx

My husbands sent 11/2, check cashed 11/14, received ccp 11/17 #67xx