Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I should have an update on some friends this week. They took the class that was offered thru their employer. Was a two day class ...

Page 268 of 297 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4444
Like Tree2175Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

VIP Member
    I should have an update on some friends this week. They took the class that was offered thru their employer. Was a two day class with the second day at the range. All paid for by the owner of the company. The guy I know passed the class and did not send the application in for about 3 weeks. Not a money thing, he just lost interest. I did not pester him to apply but kept the topic going week to week. He wants to get it but has other priorities. He will be another new permit holder soon. I doubt he will ever carry.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I should have an update on some friends this week. They took the class that was offered thru their employer. Was a two day class with the second day at the range. All paid for by the owner of the company. The guy I know passed the class and did not send the application in for about 3 weeks. Not a money thing, he just lost interest. I did not pester him to apply but kept the topic going week to week. He wants to get it but has other priorities. He will be another new permit holder soon. I doubt he will ever carry.
    Wow thats a good employer.

VIP Member
    Anybody with a new WI permit today? Let us know. Looking for the magic 100k number very soon.

a friend took the class on april 9 mailed app in on the 12 and got his permit back in 8 days in his mailbox

*** ? I mailed my permit on 4/1/12 , check cleared on 4/12/12 , still NO Permit !!

on 4/18/12 i bought my 2nd handgun , The handgun Hotline approved it right then and there .

I just don't understand why have'nt received my CC permit like everyone else .

The State has too give me some kind of answer in 21 days right ?

I have no criminal background at all ..........

Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead68 View Post
    *** ? I mailed my permit on 4/1/12 , check cleared on 4/12/12 , still NO Permit !!

on 4/18/12 i bought my 2nd handgun , The handgun Hotline approved it right then and there .

You can call DOJ they will not go into to many details on the phone.
    However a few have been lost in the mail or sent to incorrect address.
    A few have found their address and the one DOT has on file did not match.
    All easy to correct.

I called the DOJ , and they said "they have 21 days from the point of your check clearing too issue your permit"

Your right they did'nt even ask my name . Well I'm just going too have too , Suck it up and keep waiting .......

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I called the DOJ , and they said "they have 21 days from the point of your check clearing too issue your permit"

Your right they did'nt even ask my name . Well I'm just going too have too , Suck it up and keep waiting .......
    Don't worry I'm sure you'll get it, just gotta be patient, it does suck to wait but you'll be happy when it shows up :D
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

VIP Member

Your fine it is only the 19th and they probably did not get it for a couple days. it takes the mail 2-4 days both ways so you could add up to 8 days for mail. The 21 days is from the time they get it not you.
    I will say it again... If it matters to you please send it with delivery confirmation. Costs about 8 bucks. You can go online and see what time they put it in the DOJ PO BOX. You will know they got it. I my pal "Fred" sent his in Late November and it got lost in the mail. He reapplied and got it in Late Jan. So I do know one guy who had the permit lost in the mail. I hope you are not another "Fred". Lets see what you find in the mail over next couple days. good luck. Let me know if you have any questions.

VIP Member

Maybe you will get the lucky 100k number!

Thanks Guys , That would be Really Awesome too be number 100 K !

Those who have been waiting for 100,000 it looks like 4-20-12 is the day! http://www.doj.state.wi.us/absoluten...=2883&zoneid=1
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    George Washington
    State of the Union Address
    01/08/1790

Madison news says we hit 100k

VIP Member
    Happy 100 "k" day! About six months worth. It will be interesting to see how many we have by September.
    MrMeanor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sm22505 View Post
    Madison news says we hit 100k
    both good and bad news there is a reason Madison is tracking it.
    We need to get them numbers up one more each and we can do it.

Links