Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

This is a discussion on Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by lostokie Mailed my app 04/19/12 Received 04/28/12 # 101xxx Congrats lostokie!...

Page 271 of 297 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 4441
Like Tree2174Likes

Thread: Wisconsin CCW Permit Time...Keep us posted!

  1. #4051
    Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,891
    Quote Originally Posted by lostokie View Post
    Mailed my app 04/19/12
    Received 04/28/12 # 101xxx
    Congrats lostokie!

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #4052
    Member Array jrclen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by lostokie View Post
    Mailed my app 04/19/12
    Received 04/28/12 # 101xxx
    Congratulations. I'm happy to see the number. And only 9 days. Outstanding.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

  4. #4053
    VIP Member
    Array MrBuckwheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Down Incognito
    Posts
    6,172
    Quote Originally Posted by lostokie View Post
    Mailed my app 04/19/12
    Received 04/28/12 # 101xxx
    Thanks for your update and be safe!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

  5. #4054
    Member Array akahrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    67
    Here's a question.....

    After completing my course I knew that I would be changing addresses soon (permit dated 3/24/12) and I just changed addresses (4/27/12). I have the form to address the change of address issue, I have already contacted the DOT and will be requesting a new drivers license, $15. The change of address form for the CCW permit says that there is no charge for a change of address unless a replacement license is requested, but also says that the address on your photo ID should match the address on your CCW license, so I should request a new permit card too, right? $12?

    I don't mind paying the $12 to be on the safe side but I was wondering if anyone else found this confusing.

  6. #4055
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761
    Quote Originally Posted by akahrt View Post
    Here's a question.....

    After completing my course I knew that I would be changing addresses soon (permit dated 3/24/12) and I just changed addresses (4/27/12). I have the form to address the change of address issue, I have already contacted the DOT and will be requesting a new drivers license, $15. The change of address form for the CCW permit says that there is no charge for a change of address unless a replacement license is requested, but also says that the address on your photo ID should match the address on your CCW license, so I should request a new permit card too, right? $12?

    I don't mind paying the $12 to be on the safe side but I was wondering if anyone else found this confusing.
    It appears you first get your new drivers license for $15 and then change address for CCW permit at no charge.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

  7. #4056
    Member Array akahrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    It appears you first get your new drivers license for $15 and then change address for CCW permit at no charge.
    But then my address on my drivers license will be current, while the address on my ccw will be older, unless they automatically send me a new one, at no charge since I did not lose it myself.

  8. #4057
    Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by akahrt View Post
    But then my address on my drivers license will be current, while the address on my ccw will be older, unless they automatically send me a new one, at no charge since I did not lose it myself.
    If it were me I would get a new updated one regardless if I have to pay or not. If you contact them they would probably send you it for free (since you didn't lose it), if not just pay the $12. Just in case you get one of "those" cops that tend to make everything more complicated than it is.
    sid1 likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

  9. #4058
    Senior Member Array Fausty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    oshkosh wisconsin
    Posts
    959
    yea, things like this are no place for making an issue over a few bucks with the government. jump through whatever hoops need to be jumped through and always carry.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

    Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

  10. #4059
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761
    Quote Originally Posted by akahrt View Post
    But then my address on my drivers license will be current, while the address on my ccw will be older, unless they automatically send me a new one, at no charge since I did not lose it myself.
    I would not be all that concerned since there will be a gap in new CCW permit since you have to first change your drivers license. As long as you do the changes in a timely manner I do not see a problem. They are not expecting you to make the changes in a "New York Minute".
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

  11. #4060
    Member Array akahrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    If it were me I would get a new updated one regardless if I have to pay or not. If you contact them they would probably send you it for free (since you didn't lose it), if not just pay the $12. Just in case you get one of "those" cops that tend to make everything more complicated than it is.
    This is what I am going to do since I moved to a permanent address. I did call and asked, they said the physical permit does not have to reflect your current address as long as they have your change of address on file.
    sid1 likes this.

  12. #4061
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,254
    No news post? This thread is much to young to die.
    We must bring in new bodies.
    rstanek likes this.

  13. #4062
    Member Array Hruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    No news post? This thread is much to young to die.
    We must bring in new bodies.
    Was meaning to post mine.
    Mailed 4/27
    Issued 5/3
    Received 5/7
    #104xxx

    Really surprised how fast they issued it, unless they are working weekends they only had my app for 4 days.
    Also really surprised in usps in how long to took them to get my permit to my house, its less then 10 miles away
    Crowman, sid1 and MrBuckwheat like this.

  14. #4063
    Member Array Milwaukesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    35
    Hello Hruk, welcome to the forum!
    "The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20."
    - Sam Cohen (inventor of the neutron bomb)

  15. #4064
    New Member Array elroy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Dane Co. WI
    Posts
    1
    Very pleasantly surprised. Applied April 30th. Permit arrived May 10. Permit #104*** I thought it would take every bit of the 21 days. Massive kudos to our Attorney General for getting the administrative end of this right.
    Crowman, sid1 and bandrich like this.

  16. #4065
    VIP Member Array Crowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West Allis WI
    Posts
    2,761
    We are still doing rather good. On April 20th we hit the 100,000 mark. and the 2 above posters have permit numbers in the 104,000 mark. That isn't bad around 4000 issued in 3-4 weeks time. We can do better so keep on those you know to apply.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

    Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

after the wisconsin doj cashes your check when will i get my ccw permit
,

where is my ccw wi

,

where is my wisconsin ccw permit

,
wi concealed carry
,
wisconsin ccw permit processing time
,

wisconsin ccw permit time

,

wisconsin ccw permit turn around time

,

wisconsin ccw time

,
wisconsin ccw turnaround
,
wisconsin concealed carry
,
wisconsin concealed carry wait time
,

wisconsin defensive carry forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.